Hamilton V Saints Cup 24/09/13

slf

I think we have to be realistic, and say if we have ambitions to win the cup then we should be looking for a home tie against the weakest team, rather than which game would be most enjoyable. In that case it would have to be Morton at home.

We are going to have to beat the best sides eventually, might be best getting a home draw against an Aberdeen or a Motherwell now instead of at a neutral ground in the semis or final?

We are going to have to beat the best sides eventually, might be best getting a home draw against an Aberdeen or a Motherwell now instead of at a neutral ground in the semis or final?

You have to assume that whoever draws Morton will beat them in the QFs though, so surely better us than someone else.  I'm just looking purely from a route to the final perspective.  We are capable of beating any team in the draw, but equally places like Motherwell and Aberdeen are tough places to go, so a neutral venue might be valuable.

You have to assume that whoever draws Morton will beat them in the QFs though, so surely better us than someone else. I'm just looking purely from a route to the final perspective. We are capable of beating any team in the draw, but equally places like Motherwell and Aberdeen are tough places to go, so a neutral venue might be valuable.

Aberdeen at home, Hibs at Tynecastle in the semi, United at Ibrox in the final. Might as well do it in style. 130 years of hurt over. Easy peasy.