Saints vs. Partick Thistle 04/11/06

Radford 72

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of you think this game will be a walk over based on the last time we played you. Got to say though that thistle have improved a lot since then and that can be seen from where we are in the league table!

A few seasons a go when we went up from the second people had us going back down though we went onto win the league. Not saying this will happen again but a lot of you seem quick to write us off!

Saturday should be a good game!

official site says OC is looking to play Peaso, Mclaren AND sheridan what do you all think abou that. Looks like he want to play a midfield of

Hardie (probably) Sheridan Sheerin Mclaren

With peaso upfront with savo.

May not be the place, but it also says scrabble is back. I havnt heard much of his loan spell at Raith, anyone know how he got on? WIll he have any future with us?

Owen usually plays Hardie up front when either Savo or Jase are not available so like Pavel I think he may play MMM up front & put Sheridan & McLaren in midfield. I personally would give Peaso a chance up front as he played well against Dundee reserves. I don`t normally like Peaso but he looked sharp against Dundee & won everything in the air.

Scrabble is back because he was doing nothing with Raith just as he has done with us. I think we will struggle to get him off the wage bill in January.

Owen usually plays Hardie up front when either Savo or Jase are not available so like Pavel I think he may play MMM up front & put Sheridan & McLaren in midfield. I personally would give Peaso a chance up front as he played well against Dundee reserves. I don`t normally like Peaso but he looked sharp against Dundee & won everything in the air.

From the official site it gave the indication he was looking to start peaso, so am unsure if he will play hardie upfront, although your right that is normally OC's line of thought when jase or savo are unavailable. Wouldnt be a bad thing for Hardie to be upfront, he's physical threat definatley causes problems, although his touch still leaves alot to be desired.

From the official site it gave the indication he was looking to start peaso, so am unsure if he will play hardie upfront, although your right that is normally OC's line of thought when jase or savo are unavailable. Wouldnt be a bad thing for Hardie to be upfront, he's physical threat definatley causes problems, although his touch still leaves alot to be desired.

I'd rather see Hardie on the right wing this time - he played there at Firhill and IMHO it was one of his best performances for Saints. Peaso up front will provide us with more of a threat and with Savo/ Wullie and Sheerinho to do the running we can hopefully keep some pressure on them.

I'd rather see Hardie on the right wing this time - he played there at Firhill and IMHO it was one of his best performances for Saints. Peaso up front will provide us with more of a threat and with Savo/ Wullie and Sheerinho to do the running we can hopefully keep some pressure on them.

Last time i seen him on the right was against Livvy away, can't remember where he played against the coags....But he was nothing short of dreadful, mainly due to his touch, better control and use of the ball and he would be a key player for us IMO.

That utter goon Chris Boyle that sent Stevo off against Raith is the ref. What do we have to do for a decent referee?

Craig Mackay and now Chris Boyle twice already this season.

Stuart Dougal is doing the cup tie. Hopefully he'll pull a hamstring as John Underhill is the fourth official!

The standard of refereeing really is at an all-time low.

I was about to dispute this, but I think what I expect off a referee has dropped dramtically so that I just accept terribleness.

I hated Dallas but at least, while he may have wanted to be centre of attention, he wasn't totally incompotent. This new batch are woeful.

All new referees should have to be vetoed by Willie Young, the true great referee this country has produced.

A lot of you think this game will be a walk over based on the last time we played you. Got to say though that thistle have improved a lot since then and that can be seen from where we are in the league table!

A few seasons a go when we went up from the second people had us going back down though we went onto win the league. Not saying this will happen again but a lot of you seem quick to write us off!

Saturday should be a good game!

I for one dont think this will be an easy game (i feckin hope it will be but doubt it) The jags are going through a good run at the mo and will be well up for this,we have a great tendancy of shooting ourselves on the foot when it comes to must win games (c'mon the blues prove me wrong)

todays teams

SAINTS: Halliwell, Lawrie, Stanic, Mensing, Mcmanus, Anderson, hardie, Sheerin, Milne, MacDonald, McLaren.

Subs: Coyle, Sheridan, Jackson, Dyer, Cuthbert

PARTICK: Arthur, Sives, McCulloch, Brady, Keogh, Boyd, Gibson, Donnelly, Young, Roberts, Strachan.

Subs: Campbell, Gibson, McConalogue, Gibson, Tuffey

C'mon Saints