Glastonbury

babychunder

It's easy to forget how many songs Pharell's been involved with over the years, either producing or guesting or collaborating. Huge influence on the charts for the last 15+ years long before the Get Lucky and Happy came around.

I'm watching Kanye just now. Very strange to see a main stage headliner at Glasto with no instruments in sight at all.

Really good this year. I didn't have the £500 to go but the TV coverage is great. Pharrell and Paloma are getting my vote so far.

----------------------------------

Florence & the machine were great last night......... she's a local, lives round the corner from "Edinburgh House"....which i know you ....... by the Tiki Bar "South Pacific London"....

only caught parts, enter shikari, the libertines, jamie xx . super furry animals were all great.

kanye takes himself so seriously that i cant watch him without laughing

He called himself THE GREATEST LIVING ROCKSTAR ON THE PLANET towards the end of his set, and tried to cover Bohemian Rhapsody. Some ego on the guy.

To be fair though, he managed to hold the main stage for almost 2 hours practically on his own with no band behind him, no daft dancers or effects or big screens or anything. Just him and some lights. Takes some amount of stage presence to be able to do that and keep the crowd going from start to finish.

Saw a bit of Jamie XX too, and caught the Libertines as well, really really wish I'd gone to see them live first time round.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Kanye's staging is all very impressive but the performance was completely soulless. And that's before he started pissing about in the cherrypicker. Surely Pharell is a bigger name than Kanye, outwith the gossip pages. Two huge recent hits whereas I can't really name a recent Kanye song although that's probably just because I think his music is guff and the guy's obviously a massive arsehole.

Spritualized and Motörhead are my highlights so far. Felt sorry for Mark Radcliffe during his excruciating interview with Lemmy. Missed Hot Chip and Super Furry Animals but will get them on iPlayer.

The BBC certainly have saturation coverage with 6 TV channels at some points but it always seemed to be the same half dozen acts.

Looking forward to Chemical Brothers tonight. Will try and catch Weller too. Not much else on today's lineup that excites me though.

The BBC certainly have saturation coverage with 6 TV channels at some points but it always seemed to be the same half dozen acts.

Agree completely with this. The BBC's live streams for each stage on their website are the best part of their coverage. I've just been swapping between them all weekend and avoiding the stuff on TV. No awkward presenters or repeat performances. Just the live acts.

He called himself THE GREATEST LIVING ROCKSTAR ON THE PLANET towards the end of his set, and tried to cover Bohemian Rhapsody. Some ego on the guy.

To be fair though, he managed to hold the main stage for almost 2 hours practically on his own with no band behind him, no daft dancers or effects or big screens or anything. Just him and some lights. Takes some amount of stage presence to be able to do that and keep the crowd going from start to finish.

Saw a bit of Jamie XX too, and caught the Libertines as well, really really wish I'd gone to see them live first time round.

The libertines were quality can't wait to see them at T in the park, thought Kanye was pretty good never seen his set but listened to it on the radio alot better than I thought he might of been