Forth Bridge Closure

south inch

Just heard bridge to be closed until early in the New Year.  No problem with that, safety must come first, but I like to take the broad view of these things - how does it affect me!  Usual route to Sunny Perth involves a stop at Kinross where Her Indoors has one or two favourite shops, then into town via the turn down to the Harbour at Friarton to see if any boats in (2nd childhood) then along by the old abattoir where I used to get chased for playing in the sand piles opposite before dropping HI as near to High St/St John St as possible.

Now looks like M9 for a while, (Auchterarder instead of Kinross?), into Perth down the Glasgow Rd and South St where it might be cheaper to drop Her Indoors off at Scott St.  Can you turn left up Scott St these days?  Should not be too much of a problem, M9 is a fast road.

Thanks Hoodlum, how did you guess that the best way to give me directions was to highlight a pub?

It was always a common thing, ( before I left Perth in 1966) to give directions quoting a pub or a church, as they were plentiful then.

Alas, not now the case, but glad you remember the Royal. ha ha.

M9 is fine but you need to be careful after it changes to the A9 as there are average speed cameras all the way to Perth (and beyond) also Broxden Roundabout is an absolute nightmare these days. Unfortunately no alternative.

Heard tonight that there was 25 minute wait at Broxden and the Keir roundabout at Dunblane.

Allow an extra hour at least for your journey.

Avoid Broxden, by turning off at the Tibbermore sign on the Windyedge straight, after ascending the Cairnie Braes and approach McD from the Crieff Road.

Edited by HOODLUM65
avoiding Broxden hold up.

Heard tonight that there was 25 minute wait at Broxden and the Keir roundabout at Dunblane.

Allow an extra hour at least for your journey.

Avoid Broxden, by turning off at the Tibbermore sign on the Windyedge straight, after ascending the Cairnie Braes and approach McD from the Crieff Road.

I never knew it was called the Keir roundabout.
That is a bloody nightmare going towards Glasgow at night though, especially if there's football on.

hope this gets sorted soon for someone in clackmannan it normally takes 5mins to get to the other side of the clackmannanshire bridge youe now quicker driving in the opposite direction to stirling then cutting back along past airth. my wife took a new job last week in Larbert this has now added 5hrs to her working day

I never knew it was called the Keir roundabout.That is a bloody nightmare going towards Glasgow at night though, especially if there's football on.

Supporters buses often travel through Dunblane to the Keir roundabout , to avoid queueing traffic approaching the roundabout from Perth.

Amazing way to jump the queue.:wink:

surely cutting off fife from the civilized world is a plus? knock down the tay bridge and dig a bloody big trench just past kinross. Theiving across the country would be down 99+%     ;)

the problem is the fifers are now coming into central scotland to get across the water at least with the forth rd br we never had to deal with them

• 2 weeks later...