Rise of the Tories...........

rik2304

You have to see it that way AS.....the popular vote paints a very different picture, and make no mistake the percentage of popular vote is the only sensible way to achieve independence.  Since circa 1.6 million people voted Yes in 2014 (37.8% of the total electorate, about half of the required number to force home such a major constitutional change) the pro indy parties have hemorrhaged votes by hundreds  of thousands every election since.  Indy is oot the windy, for a generation.  Vote for the party who are serious about progressive change, not the party who are caught up in their own fantasy, and will say and promise everything to everyone just to get their stalled bandwagon back on the road.  

The first minister looked desperate last night and as usual did the work of the right,...SNP doing the work of the tories since 1935.

Magnificent Smarmy! You've just absolutely smashed the utter bollocks per paragraph World Record! Previously held by Kezia Dugdale, who is becoming very consistent, I must acknowledge - it's almost 16 hours since her position on Indyref 2 changed! You need 75% to win a referendum now? Outstanding Yoon zoomery. 

Dugdale is actively and openly canvassing Labour voters to vote Tory in Tory/SNP marginals. She has repeatedly said her own leader is unelectable and cannot and should not lead the UK. Labour are only campaigning in the three constituencies in Scotland they have a whisper of hope in. If the Tories scrape in with a very small majority on the back of success against the SNP in Scotland, it will be Kezia's crowning achievement before she resigns and joins the long, long list of ex-Branch Office leaders. Then a short pause, before SLAB once again achieve the impossible and find an even bigger walloper to feck things up even more.

Or she could just be honest and fold SLAB into the Ruth Davidson No Surrender WATP Party where they already live in all but name.

Scotland's other shame.....

Edited by Abernethy Saint

To Abernethy Saint

Your a totall disgrace mate. Your party of the SNP wants to fill Scotland with refugees. That Amed Sheakh and Humza yousaf and some others no doubt along with sturgeon have been fighting to bring 200,000 in to begin with. We know how  that has worked bringing in refugees who hate us underneath and the increased hate from the second generation. All that is doing is giving the Scottish familys of tomorrow a good chance of the same heart ache like the ones who were destroyed by Islamic terrorists killing their own. I hate Tories too but we need to hold our nose and vote them in. The SNP just want any way to win independence even if it means wasting Sotland and its own.

Some lovely company you've got there, Smarmy...... 

Why can't racists' spell No. 3,672.

Why did you let your club die, MB?

Naughty, naughty  AS, keep me out of this little spat.

Back to our exchanges, I thought you'd like that one! ;) bollocks it is not; 

In 2015, the snp polled 1,45 million, 200k off the Yes total.

In 2016 holyrood elections SNP polled 1 million, 400k off the previous total....600k vanished.

This year's local elections snp polled only 600k....a million missing votes in 3 short years......snaw aff a dyke? 

Were you at the 'mass' demonstration for indy in Glasgow on Saturday? A crowd that matched any dundee derby in the 21st century, hardly a nation demanding indy?

A ref is the only sensible route to indy, you need 60%+ for a sustained period before even calling a ref....the bandwagon is in the garage with smoke belching from the engine. Harsh truth is that the message is now clear, indy is a  vote loser and a distraction from the snp's calamitous handling of public services.  Sturgeon lost the plot last night, she clearly thinks that Tory governments are good for the snp....... the damage to the people of scotland is mere colateral damage for a greater good...no price too high to pay, no pain too great to endure for freedumb!......what a disgrace.   

Ironically the first past the post system that denied the Nats voice for so long is now delivering seats, and power, but the prize of indy is slipping away.....and Scots can once again vote tory, well done to the SNP......doing the work of the right since 1935.

I think you mean "righteous".

More bollocks. Voting levels vary wildly between different types of election. For example, huge numbers of votes for Independent candidates in Council elections substantially lower the votes of ALL the mainstream parties compared with other elections. The only sensible comparison is between elections of the same type. Comparing GE with GE, HR with HR and Council with Council, the SNP has increased its vote each time. In the last HR elections, the SNP increased its vote but lost seats, but we can discount that because you've said only votes matter. Cheers.

And to point to a loss in votes cast between a referendum with an 85% turnout with a council election with a - what was it - 60% turnout is just typical Yoon deceit. On that measure, the Unionist parties "lost" even more votes.

When the SNP lose around 8 - 10 seats tomorrow, but gain more votes than they did in the Council elections, you will of course, by your own logic, concede that the SNP are becoming more popular?

What a load of old tosh. Folk stopped being fooled by this crap ten years ago or more. The people of Scotland are not as stupid as you think. No amount of intellectual masturbation can conceal the fact that if SLAB win ANY seats tomorrow it will be down to tactical voting, and if their vote share is anything other than a humiliation, it will be down to the Corbyn effect, a leader you've consistently ridiculed.

Meanwhile, SLAB is canvassing for the Tories all across the country, and risk putting May back in number ten. 

Rowley the next SLAB leader, a bloke who can barely string a sentence together? Mebbee Ruth will lend you Murdo Fraser......

To Abernethy Saint

Your a totall disgrace mate. Your party of the SNP wants to fill Scotland with refugees. That Amed Sheakh and Humza yousaf and some others no doubt along with sturgeon have been fighting to bring 200,000 in to begin with. We know how  that has worked bringing in refugees who hate us underneath and the increased hate from the second generation. All that is doing is giving the Scottish familys of tomorrow a good chance of the same heart ache like the ones who were destroyed by Islamic terrorists killing their own. I hate Tories too but we need to hold our nose and vote them in. The SNP just want any way to win independence even if it means wasting Sotland and its own.

Pleasant chap.

Loads of caveats when comparing election results, I agree, but it would be foolhardy in the extreme not be concerned by the electoral pattern I outlined, the indy movement requires popular/populist momentum to progress, the have none, indeed it's slipping away.  Furthermore the steady drip of bad news from our public services will continue to erode public confidence on this party, and like it or not, Brexit will almost certainly mean any choice between eu and uk is an economic no brainer.

The only winner from sturgeon's grubby political manoeuvring last night is Ruth Davidson.  The biggest loser is Sturgeon herself.  Either she is lying, not good....or she betrayed private trust....from a woman who wants a seat at the Brexit diplomatic negotiating table? Or part of a progressive coalition?  Ffs.....not a chance, simultaneously a nasty and light weight performance under pressure.

Do you think Pistol Pete will hang on here?  Bookies make it 50/50.  Angus Robertson the same, but john Nicholson looks like toast.

I've got money on all three funnily enough. I think their personal support might carry them through - folk do love having a high profile MP. I knew John a wee bit at uni - decent bloke. Also cash on Tories 40  - 45%. The Mrs has hers on a hung parliament. Bless.

Its going to be such fun if we are in hung parliament territory though. Survation and You Gov both have this, the rest Tories well ahead. I love a good election night.

If you're staying up tm, drop in from time to time and I'll listen to you explaining why a SLAB wipeout actually means the end of the SNP. 

Final prediction: SNP 47, Tory 8, LD 3, SLAB 1. Dugdale to resign to a chorus of utter indifference. Ex-SLAB leaders combine to form Scotland's second largest party. Tory media proclaim second coming of Christ, and the 1,782nd "ending of the SNP honeymoon" since January.

Tory majority 30 - 40, May and Corbyn and that weird LD bloke to stay on. 60 million people wonder what the feck that was all about, not a soul in Europe gives a flying shit. A nation bends over, lubes, and prepares for a Tory rogering. Sad! 

Edited by Abernethy Saint

Blimey Smarmy, are you a Blair Bot? Is this you popping into your local corner shop:

Morning sir.

Morning. THE SNP ARE FINISHED!! It's a lovely day, isn't it THE DAY STURGEON TAKES INDY OFF THE TABLE!!

It is, sir. How can I help you?

Could I have 20 Bensons THE SNP - SUPPORTING THE RIGHT SINCE 46 BC!! and a pint of milk, please? Oh, and a quarter of soor plooms, please LABOUR HERITAGE! LABOUR FOR PM NO NOT HIM THE OTHER ONE!! 

There's your change sir. YES, CHANGE!! WE NEED CHANGE! VOTE FOR BLAIR! 

Good bye, then sir!

WE'LL BE BAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkkk......................

Blair? This betrays your thinking as way out of date.  The obscenity of a Scottish Government who pass NO LEGISLATION for a full calendar year, and instead spend said year manufacturing grevience after grevience in the forlorn hope of refloating the good ship indy...the net effect of which has been a shot in the arm for a resurgent Tory party, and still you embody the dumb****ery of the graphic you posted this morning, 'everything is rosey in our garden, onward to the tartan shangri-la'.........like I say, you seriously need to reassess where your party is headed, because it's current trajectory is losing supporters by the thousand with each passing election.  

The nationalists are responsible for scottish politics being polarised around the constipation, you reap what you sew.....the people have rejected independence again and again at every plebiscite 40 odd seats at Westminster is a poor substitute for a meaningful break through on the constipation!

Blair? This betrays your thinking as way out of date.  The obscenity of a Scottish Government who pass NO LEGISLATION for a full calendar year, and instead spend said year manufacturing grevience after grevience in the forlorn hope of refloating the good ship indy...the net effect of which has been a shot in the arm for a resurgent Tory party, and still you embody the dumb****ery of the graphic you posted this morning, 'everything is rosey in our garden, onward to the tartan shangri-la'.........like I say, you seriously need to reassess where your party is headed, because it's current trajectory is losing supporters by the thousand with each passing election.  

The nationalists are responsible for scottish politics being polarised around the constipation, you reap what you sew.....the people have rejected independence again and again at every plebiscite 40 odd seats at Westminster is a poor substitute for a meaningful break through on the constipation!

Awwww bless.

Sturgeon cannot be trusted in coalition, she will have no choice but to back corbyn vote by vote, but she will get sfa in return.....I agree though, the thought of those two in bed is the stuff of nightmares. ;)

Don't be silly, how could a Scottish Nationalist party possibly be part of a U.K. Coalition? An issue by issue arrangement is possible. Saying the SNP will get nothing in return is equally silly. Corbyn and Sturgeon are already both making the right noises.

But the arithmetic is highly unlikely to happen.....although I hope it does, as much for the craic as anything else.

I remember being at the NALGO conference in Blackpool on the day of the 1983 election, Thatcher's landslide. Now that really wasn't fun.

I was living and working in Glasgow at that time. The only thing that made folk laugh more than when you told them you supported St Johnstone was when you told them you were SNP. Changed days indeed.