Accies win match postponement

OldPoster

getting a bit silly now

The Scottish Football League have agreed to Hamilton Accies' request that Saturday's league match at Ross County be postponed due to a player shortage.

Seven of the 16 players who were in the Accies squad last week are unavailable because of illness and injury.

The decision follows recent similar successful appeals from Partick Thistle and Dundee United, with the latter match in the Scottish Cup.

In September, Forfar had their request turned down and were beaten 8-0.

They created this themselves, if they ahd shown some balls and said look play or forfit, then this drama doesnt happen

Will they postpone the final of the league cup this year because we have injury problems or would they make us send out our under 19's to play it for us?

I bet they would make us play it

What a farce - people have been getting struck down by illness since time began, so why are the SFL suddenly giving the issue such special treatment now? If anything, with all of the medical advances of the modern age, this sort of thing should be on the decrease in the modern game, not the increase. I wonder, are these clubs made to use independent doctors to provide their diagnoses, or is it always the club doctor that gives the so-called evidence?

This is setting a pretty dangerous precedent which could play havoc with fixture lists in years to come if it's allowed to continue.

I said when the Partick game got put off ,they had set a bad precedent. since then we have had Dunbarton as well as Hamilton & United. I would be totally tee`d off if I was a Forfar fan even though the 3 points would not stop them ending up bottom of the league.