fao edinburgh based fans

Chansey

I have noticed that several of the people on here are based in and around edinburgh, and was just wondering how everyone follows saints around the country? Whether it be train, bus or car. I used to get the train but since i am now struggling to get on for a half, i have found it cheaper to drive to the games. Looks like i won't beable to make the match tomorrow though due to this. Just a question out of interest.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive to all the games I am able to get to. It is so much easier than trying to get in to the centre of Edinburgh for the bus or train and works out cheaper because my son and daughter usually come with me.

I usually leave about 12 for home games and visit my mum in Letham before the game if anyone ever needs a lift.

Doesn't sound like you've been on the Megabus recently then, they've not been that cheap for months!

Costs about 4 quid return from Edinburgh. Travelling from other places (e.g. from anywhere in England) is expensive, but not from here.

Just dug out my last email, 5 journeys plus booking fee was £7.50.

Anyone know how much hassle the Broxden roadworks is going to cause on the weekend?

Not sure as yet, but the Inveralmond roadworks seem to be getting done overnight only so I hope the Broxden are the same when they start (either 2 or 4 weeks from now).

Travel from Edinburgh to most games by car. If any you need a lift there is usually space in the car.

There seems to be quite a few of us in Edinburgh. In the past, people have tried to set up some sort of supporters club but as so many do their own thing it has proved difficult to drum up interest. Does anyone know if the federation is still running and how many people need to be in a supporters club for this to be recognised?

Also, where is the party when we win the league??? Get the flags out the windows!

Saint O'Leith - I am also in Leith, good to see a fellow Saintee down here.

a supporters club may be an idea, im sure there's enough of us in Edinburgh/Lothians to run a wee minibus to games? might be worth seeing what interest there is

The idea has been muted before, dating back to when I stayed in Embra 6-7 years ago but never took off. This forum seems to be filled with Embrites though.

Funnily enough I was discussing the idea of running a supporter's bus from Mathers Bar in Broughton St. We have the green (sorry, blue) light for this from the owners. If anyone is keen PM me. Cheers :wink:

Interested in this mate and probably know 1 or 2 others that might be. I think the stumbling block on previous attempts was that people were happy doing their own thing. Maybe we could start it with picking one game and trying to get the interest for arranging a bus/mini bus to it. If succesful we could take things from there.

Interested in this mate and probably know 1 or 2 others that might be. I think the stumbling block on previous attempts was that people were happy doing their own thing. Maybe we could start it with picking one game and trying to get the interest for arranging a bus/mini bus to it. If succesful we could take things from there.

8) I tend to agree that to run a bus for every game is a little tricky. We do have a life and sometimes have other things to do rather than watch the fitba. Therefore, it may be a case of picking the more interesting games, such as away games in Dumfries, Dingwall etc. In other words, make it more of an event.

PM me for more details. :D

Funnily enough I was discussing the idea of running a supporter's bus from Mathers Bar in Broughton St. We have the green (sorry, blue) light for this from the owners. If anyone is keen PM me. Cheers :wink:

If this bus was doing a stop in Falkirk I would have 2 guaranteed fans for every home and most away days :)

Hope something can come of this. Don't know any other Saints in Edinburgh but know people who do and will see if there's any interest there. The semi would indeed be a good place to start, maybe the Gretna game too if they continue in trying to outdo us in throwing the league away!

Mather's is a good boozer too, thoroughly enjoyed watching Gretnas UEFA cup humping in there last year!

Id def be up for a bus to the games too. Im in gorgie at the moment (great for the last semi!) and make a handful of games a season. Would make more if there is a bus to the home games with some good banter. Would be a great laugh especially for the semi and gretna games