Hearts V St.Johnstone - Saturday 4thMarch

SaintJet

9 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Spot on.

Alarm bells started ringing for me during the week when he came away with the “changing the shape” talk in the media. Knew then we would have no chance of winning the game and so it transpired.

The amount of respect he gives other teams is unbelievable. Aberdeen away, Dundee United at home and yesterday are all examples of that. The team is set up in a rigid system with no attacking threat. We inevitably fall behind before Davidson decides to start throwing on random players in the hope something might work.

In the main, we are rotten to watch. No doubt the powers that be will be patting each other on the back due to the fact we will not be relegated, but that’s not enough for me. Surely they can’t be happy watching the same pish that has been on display for most of this season and last season. 

Completely agree. Bobbing about in 8th or 9th place and looking over our shoulders at the relegation zone is basically as good as it's going to get for us as long as we have Davidson in charge. He just doesn't have the knowhow, the ideas, the attitude or the long-term planning to ever get us doing consistently better than that.

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

In the main, we are rotten to watch. No doubt the powers that be will be patting each other on the back due to the fact we will not be relegated, but that’s not enough for me. Surely they can’t be happy watching the same pish that has been on display for most of this season and last season. 

100% this. Standards were set for this football club by Tommy Wright. Staying up is no longer acceptable, just as it wouldn't be for Kilmarnock and Motherwell. We have been a top flight side for 14 years and need to start acting like it.

As a wise man once asked, are you not entertained?

I'm so far from it you wouldn't believe.

And it's not even like results are good. We are losing games at a rate not seen since we were last relegated.

4 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Were you at the open night? 

Nothing is changing with the current mob in charge.

I wasn't. Had no interest in being spoofed to for a couple a hours.

He couldn't even give an honest answer about the scoreboard. More than enough spacing to have St Johnstone on it if so desired yet he even spoofs about that.

Spoofers gonna spoof.

4 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

100% this. Standards were set for this football club by Tommy Wright. Staying up is no longer acceptable, just as it wouldn't be for Kilmarnock and Motherwell. We have been a top flight side for 14 years and need to start acting like it.

As a wise man once asked, are you not entertained?

I'm so far from it you wouldn't believe.

And it's not even like results are good. We are losing games at a rate not seen since we were last relegated.

TW left us with a good, younger squad and as an established top six side (look how hard St Mirren and others try and can’t get top six once or twice). This manager has taken us from there to a point where survival is an achievement. That is no achievement, two cups or not, and that’s why we have been so disappointed these past two seasons. I don’t know CD as a person but as a manager I hate his negativity on and off the park. Tommy’s teams could be dull but were mostly effective.

14 hours ago, andrew said:

TW left us with a good, younger squad and as an established top six side (look how hard St Mirren and others try and can’t get top six once or twice). This manager has taken us from there to a point where survival is an achievement. That is no achievement, two cups or not, and that’s why we have been so disappointed these past two seasons. I don’t know CD as a person but as a manager I hate his negativity on and off the park. Tommy’s teams could be dull but were mostly effective.

I said when Tommy left that I felt the club would end up regretting not doing more to keep its best ever manager happy, and I believe that as much now as I did then.

I generally enjoyed watching us under Tommy. The football was often better than I think a lot of people give credit for, and his team always had a certain fighting spirit and togetherness that I found enticing as a fan. I think a lot of that came from the longevity and continuity that ran through the squad (elements that have vanished under Davidson, thanks to his numerous signings of loan players and over-30s).

Under Tommy it felt like there was always a plan to push on and do better. And when that didn't work, and we went through bad spells, he always brought us out the other side looking stronger. He did that every single time. I get the impression that with Steve Brown's heart not being in it any more, Tommy had ended up being the guy who was single-handedly pushing us to keep going and stay ambitious (which was probably exhausting). He was the only guy left at the top who really cared. All ambition has drained from the club since he left, and it shows every time the team walks out onto the pitch.

12 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Maybe Phillips could get us a transfer if he continues to progress. 

I think the only way we'll get a transfer fee for Phillips is if it happens this summer, and I'm not sure I can see that happening (and if it does, it won't be huge). Otherwise, the likelihood is we'll get to January next year and he'll sign a pre-contract elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think the only way we'll get a transfer fee for Phillips is if it happens this summer, and I'm not sure I can see that happening (and if it does, it won't be huge). Otherwise, the likelihood is we'll get to January next year and he'll sign a pre-contract elsewhere.

Exactly. This lot don't do planning.

On 3/6/2023 at 9:06 AM, blueheaven said:

I generally enjoyed watching us under Tommy. The football was often better than I think a lot of people give credit for, and his team always had a certain fighting spirit and togetherness that I found enticing as a fan. I think a lot of that came from the longevity and continuity that ran through the squad (elements that have vanished under Davidson, thanks to his numerous signings of loan players and over-30s).

It was less that we played scintillating football under Tommy, but it was that we had a bit of fight to us. He wouldn't allow players to underperform. In the transfer market he'd plan long-term, rather than just what will get us to the end of the season.