Hearts V St.Johnstone - Saturday 4thMarch

SaintJet

We have not a bad record at Tynecastle playing Hearts in recent years.

On the back of a few stabilising results and a fighting a draw, dare we think we could get the points here and make a real push for top six?

Hearts have been a decent outfit this year and have lots of talent all over the pitch so we'll need another switched on performance to bring something back from Edinburgh.

Sacrey Carey will be brought in to spell Philip whist he sits out his ban. I'd like to see the big strikers get a cahnce up front but it's probably too much of a leap to see them in before May and Clark.

3 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Sacrey Carey will be brought in to spell Philip whist he sits out his ban. I'd like to see the big strikers get a cahnce up front but it's probably too much of a leap to see them in before May and Clark.

Rudden might be in with a shout of a start after his goal but there's no way Bair should be starting. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see May start up front on his own though.

I'm guessing Hallberg might move deeper back into midfield next to MacPherson, and then probably Carey (but hopefully Spoony) starting in the more advanced role?

In both games we gave Hearts a lead and fought back and should have got draws.

Please Callum don't treat them with too much respect and allow them to dominate. If Motherwell can beat them by attacking them then why can't we.

Hopefully Hallberg moves back to midfield with anyone from Spoony, Murphy or McLennon left mid. Anyone but Carey.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

In both games we gave Hearts a lead and fought back and should have got draws.

Please Callum don't treat them with too much respect and allow them to dominate. If Motherwell can beat them by attacking them then why can't we.

Hopefully Hallberg moves back to midfield with anyone from Spoony, Murphy or McLennon left mid. Anyone but Carey.

Have to say I don’t really agree that we deserved a draw at Tynecastle earlier in the season. Thought we were poor and showed them far too much respect. Callum got the game at McDiarmid totally wrong, by again showing them far too much respect. We were completely overrun in midfield, although that improved when hehe was forced to change things after Hallberg’s injury.

Thought Hearts midfield was really poor against Motherwell, so it’s a real pity that we won’t have Phillips’ in there to rough them up a bit. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Hope they play Shank!and in the withdrawn role. He is not as effective back there.

Hope they just don’t play him. Shankland and Barry McKay are the only two players in that Hearts team that I think can hurt us.

Take Snodgrass and Shankland out of that team and I think they become beatable.

50 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Hope they just don’t play him. Shankland and Barry McKay are the only two players in that Hearts team that I think can hurt us.

Take Snodgrass and Shankland out of that team and I think they become beatable.

I was meaning playing Shankland in withdrawn role rather than up front because he is not as effective there.