Tartan Army Train to France

Barty1884

Along with one other forum member and an arab I am flying from Newcastle on the Monday and hope to meet up with some of the PTA in Paris

By the sounds of things on the 208 bus on Tuesday 3/4's of the bus are going

Does anyone have Scottish tickets or like most of us are you all in the French end

Myself, Better Half and our 2 boys are flying fae Newcastle on Tuesday morning. :D

The four of us had enough points to get SFA tickets.:D

A lot of folks on the PTA bus have French end tickets so there'll be Tartan Army everywhere as usual!:lol:

Along with one other forum member and an arab I am flying from Newcastle on the Monday and hope to meet up with some of the PTA in Paris

By the sounds of things on the 208 bus on Tuesday 3/4's of the bus are going

Does anyone have Scottish tickets or like most of us are you all in the French end

That would be me! Cannae wait! Just ordered a Casual Kilt. Everyone doing the march to the stadium from the Eiffel Tower? Gonna be a sight to see!

going by bus canny wait should be really good traveling down on ma birthday:) at first i wasnt botherd about getting a ticket because the tower will be bouncin durin the game but now ive got a ticket it changes every think. hopfully we dont get beat because the bus back will feel so long .

8 of us flying from Newcastle at 6.10pm on the Monday and flying back to Manchester on the Thursday. Got the train from Perth to Newcastle for £10.50 and from Manchester to Perth for £13.50 (was only £1.80 for Manchester to Edinburgh on Megatrain!)

Is that the easy jet flight From Newcastle? If so 3 of us are on that!

It sure is. Train gets into Newcastle at 2.30pm so a few pints in the city centre will be in order before getting a taxi out to the airport.

I think were just driving down.

Anyone any idea where to get a cheap half decent kilt? I've been looking on ebay, but I'm wary of the quality. Hoping to spend around £50.

Doss, there's gonna be loads of us! Hope yer all wearing yer kilts!

Of course, we got our's up town in Edinburgh, in one of the numerous tourist shops. Cost £30, wary of the quality, but at that price amn't so bothered about the enevitable damage to it.

8 of us flying from Newcastle at 6.10pm on the Monday and flying back to Manchester on the Thursday. Got the train from Perth to Newcastle for £10.50 and from Manchester to Perth for £13.50 (was only £1.80 for Manchester to Edinburgh on Megatrain!)

Watever you do do NOT miss the megatrain as it is a Virgin train. If you get on the wrong train they will charge you the full single fare, plus a surcharge of 100% so you will end up paying about £80. So, if your flight is late and you miss the train, buy a ticket at the station and you will get it at just the single rate!

Seen too many other folk getting stuffed by Virgin for this :evil:

Anyone any idea where to get a cheap half decent kilt? I've been looking on ebay, but I'm wary of the quality. Hoping to spend around £50.

Bought A black watch "value" kilt of ebay last week, £16, cant complain about it at all, its acrylic as opposed to wool, so thinner, and lighter. Looks that part and does the trick for me, and i have no worries about what happens to it!

Me and my mate are flying Edinburgh to Dublin, then Dublin on to Beuavais on Monday, then the same way back on thursday, tickets in the French end!

I'm guessing a fair few of us are sitting in the french end. I've never sat in the away end at a Scotland game, any chance of getting in wearing a kilt? Have heard of a fair few who are going to attempt it, i am quite sceptical about thier chances though, obviously don't want to miss the game.

I'm guessing a fair few of us are sitting in the french end. I've never sat in the away end at a Scotland game, any chance of getting in wearing a kilt? Have heard of a fair few who are going to attempt it, i am quite sceptical about thier chances though, obviously don't want to miss the game.

You should be ok. There are still some tickets left for the French parts of the ground and they say they are happy to sell them to Scots supporters.:)

You can maybe check it out in advance though.