Greenock Morton vs. Saints 02/10/07

Scobby_SJFC

So its here the BIGGEST game of the season a SEMI final of the Scottish league Challenge Cup, yeah ok just the challenge cup just trying to add some excitment, but wouldnt it be nice to reach a final for a wee day out?

Same again, after reading about the great team performance against Accies? How many of us are heading through, I Will!

C'mon The Yellows!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So its here the BIGGEST game of the season a SEMI final of the Scottish league Challenge Cup, yeah ok just the challenge cup just trying to add some excitment, but wouldnt it be nice to reach a final for a wee day out?

Same again, after reading about the great team performance against Accies? How many of us are heading through, I Will!

C'mon The Yellows!!

Count me in...Bus booked ....early finish..few beers...a good night...and with a bit of luck......We,ll all be going to a final...

Come on yee Saints

We didn't win there the last two times but we won the one before that which happens to be as far back as the 5th April 1997. It's good for the players to get another competitive run out to keep things ticking over and keep the improvement going. Have they lost Paul McGowan?

It should be a good game and good atmosphere.

I'll be heading through from Edinburgh, probably on my own. I'm confident we'll absolutely thrash them - if Morton were Saints' best mate, it would be the footballing equivalent of sleeping with his sister while his mum fed you her home-made flapjacks. Then putting it on YouTube.

Somebody asked me yesterday whether I'd like Saints to win the Challenge Cup or catch Dundee by Christmas and I obviously said both. However I think I'd take the latter if I had to choose. On the other hand the Challenge Cup would be the first national trophy Saints won apart from a lower division title and promotion, certainly the first national cup win. Mind you Ross County won it last year and got relegated.

Do we get a choice of terracing or seats?

It'll be the same as last Saturday, we'll be in the stand only.

I want us to win this game and this competition but not at the expense of our league form, which could be impacted by missing players through injury. Anyone carrying a knock really as to sit this one out IMO. Would think Rocco Quinn might be struggling for example.

I want us to win this game and this competition but not at the expense of our league form, which could be impacted by missing players through injury. Anyone carrying a knock really as to sit this one out IMO. Would think Rocco Quinn might be struggling for example.

Agreed. I would take a single extra point in the league over this trophy. We shouldn't risk anyone and if anybody is in need of a rest they should miss the game.

It'll be the same as last Saturday, we'll be in the stand only.

You've changed your tune radders, thought you did care about this cup ;-)

lookin forward to this game since full-time on saturday

just started uni at glasgow so i suppose its a "home" game

can any1 advise best subway and/or train route please?

stayin next to Buchanan bus station so Buchanan Street sub is on my doorstep...

cheers

MON THE SAINTEES!!!

cheers

MON THE SAINTEES!!!

Train or bus to Greenock, subway doesn't leave Glasgow

cheers

MON THE SAINTEES!!!

you need to get the train from Central Station. I take it you live in Townhead or Toonheed as it is affectionately known? I canne wait im proper buzzing the now and its only 11am! remember the issues with the traffic on the way to Glasgow folks, proper nightmare on Saturday morning so it was.

For those travelling down to Morton by car can I suggest that you cut off at Stirling and head over to balloch > dumbarton > erskine bridge. You still have the A9 roadworks to contend with but you miss all the ones in and around glasgow, its a much nicer journey too.

C'Mon the Saintees!