Newcastle's Woes

Dev

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes, Klinsmann, Ince or JC. No, not Sir John Connolly, but John Collins!

Ashley hates McLaren more than his ex wife so it will not be him!

I hear that here is support for the return of KK but there is more chance of Dalglish returning than Keegan..............................thats Kelly not Kenny!

For me Newcastle need to appoint a younger manager and give them a chance to build a successful team.

Someone like David Moyes would be perfect. (Funny before Moyles took over at Everton I would have thought Newcastle was a step up from Everton, but not now)

Klinnsman or Hughes (If he would move there) would be the best options I would think, O' Leary, Ince, Jol and Van Basten are other choices.

I think Paul Ince would be a good appointment. He did alright with a fairly pishy Maccelsfield Town team and is going great guns with MK Dons who play pretty good football. He's still young so might be given a little more time by the fans and board than the likes of Redknapp who would be absolutely nuts to go their regardless of the big wedge he's being offered.

Kevin keegan now down to 10-1....with possibility of Alan Shearer as his No 2.

Keegan proved he was useless in modern football at man city, he wouldnt cope in th premiership anymore. should stick to his shopping centre youth training complex.

shearer also shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the job. he should have to earn his apprentiship down at darlo or carlise or someone(not hartlepool cos think he'll be gash and we got great managment team).

The best candidate is still big sam. They have made an absolutly terrible decision in sacking him.

And anyway, Mourinho will have job offers from far bigger clubs this summer. He's already said he fancies a new challenge in a new country other than England. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Bayern Munich myself.

Ive just watched the film 'Goal'

A German manager gets them to Europe :) therefore Jurgen Klinsmann is a good bet at 14-1 (you know it will happen)

A couple of cracking predictions there... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7182811.stm

I'm a bit surprised Redknapp is one of the favourites - isn't he just Allardyce mark II (ie an experienced older manager who has done well with a supposedly smaller club who actually have quite a bit of money to throw around). If I was a Newcastle fan I wouldn't see much point in ditching Allardyce just to bring Redknapp in. As others have said, I would probably rather see them take a chance on someone like Paul Ince.

wot people says and do are different tho.

Newcastle will pay Portsmouth £3million compensation.

Newcastle will offer Harry Redknapp a four-year contract worth £20million to take the manager's job at St James' Park. The Magpies will also let Redknapp commute to work by plane from the south coast and will hand him a transfer warchest to go for players like Tottenham's Pascal Chimbonda.

wot people says and do are different tho.

Newcastle will pay Portsmouth £3million compensation.

Newcastle will offer Harry Redknapp a four-year contract worth £20million to take the manager's job at St James' Park. The Magpies will also let Redknapp commute to work by plane from the south coast and will hand him a transfer warchest to go for players like Tottenham's Pascal Chimbonda.

not gona happen, Harry Redknapp is the south coast, he isnt stupid enough to move to the newcastle job - even if he does get to use a little plane. It's a poisened chalice, Harry has a great job, why ruin it. (Portsmouth are bigger than Bolton, he could achieve possibly more with portsmouth(possibly even than he could with newcastle), so it isnt the step up for him as it was for big sam.) Also any manager that comes in is gona have the spectre of Alan Shearer in the shadows, although it's ridiculous that any of the fans want him.

Although, Chimbonda would be a great signing for newcastle

So, if it is not going to be him, just who will it be?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7180147.stm

What a kick in the teeth for the Newcastle fans who wanted SHEARER to take over as manager---Now that he has committed himself to remain as a BBC football pundit.....Just no comparison AL eh !!!