#01 - 26/07/08 - Ross County (a) - Challenge Cup

blueheaven

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this same old shite start to the season by saints, We need to get this defence sorted out or go nowhere this season, The scum seem to sign people evey week same with some of the other 1st Division sides, Is Del looking for the perfect player or what?, He seemingly has contacts Murray Park & England surely we could get one of the fringe players from Ibrox, Steve Lennon has been outstanding for Gers last season or Dean Furman for 6 months, we need something fast!!!!!

What's this same old shite start to the season by saints, We need to get this defence sorted out or go nowhere this season, The scum seem to sign people evey week same with some of the other 1st Division sides, Is Del looking for the perfect player or what?, He seemingly has contacts Murray Park & England surely we could get one of the fringe players from Ibrox, Steve Lennon has been outstanding for Gers last season or Dean Furman for 6 months, we need something fast!!!!!

I take it you were there?

I knew we would get beat but the thing was county were not even that great. we kept lumping the ball up the park hardly strung more than three pass together the whole game. no players showed hunger until jacko came on.

Their first goal was poor ball from the left to the right and the guy stuck it back in for a tap in. goal keeper is massivly short in confidence and rusty and hardie had a right go at him in the first half.

craig played left back while irvine was some form of centre midfield.

their second was just as poor a long ball up front and McCaffery went to head it and missed it totally leaving the guy to slot past the keeper who had no chance really.

samuel had some nice runs skinned four guys before finding his options were all gone and he lost the ball. when we did stick more than three passes together there were just no options.

looks like the fears of holmes were correct and we just lumped it up the park he did win most of the headers but had no one to head it to.

No but having seen a couple of pre-season games the defense is sh*t.

Its obviously not as good as it should be but I am always amazed how people who haven't been to the game overreact and sound like they have written the season off because we have lost one game.

Sounds like a fairly dreadful game. I was really close to making the long trip but decided against it at the last minute.

And it said on the radio during the game that saints fans would likely be stuck up their for ages since the A9s gonna be closed for hours after a major accident (FIVE people killed!)

aye the police told everyone to go down towards nairn and down that way to avoid the closure on the road. I think the accident happened just before half time so gave the police and announcer time to inform everyone.

certainly was a dreadful game at least it was only £13 and nice and sunny.

Oh dear....Del hoped the new training system would result in Saints "hitting the ground and running" well up at Dingwall we witnessed Saints hitting the ground and falling flat on their faces.......Mclean has no confidence.....Craig at Left back ...Caff and Rusty at centre and Ando at right back....midfield of Irvine..Hardie and Millar...Sheerin between midfield and left wing....Holmes and Savo up front.......Savo replaced by Samuel...Ando by Swankie and later Sheerin by Jacko.

We were pulled apart by some slick County play and once again the defense let us down...never mind looking for a left back we need a total overhaul....no one talks to each other-no one knows whats happening....passing goes astray too much.....in all we were CRAP and no one can deny we have problems now.....cant see what Del can do with this crowd at the moment....but i hope they make me eat humble pie and get their acts together.

Samuels goal was well taken -but we need a rocket placed up his arse for 90 plus minutes and in the right direction towards the opposing goals

Nice to be able to stand on a terrace behind barriers tho.....so look forward to Stenhousemuir ( in the CIS cup that is-not the 2nd division !!).

Its obviously not as good as it should be but I am always amazed how people who haven't been to the game overreact and sound like they have written the season off because we have lost one game.

Nobody said the season was a write off. You obviously couldn't wait to be the first one to complain about somebody being dissatisfied with today's performance. Fact is we're out of a competition after the first 90 minutes of a new season. The guy is entitled to be disappointed.

I wasn't there but looking at later posts it appears that we have been way, way over optimistic about the enthusiasm of this relatively newish' squad. For instance are we really going to go back to the route one long ball to the big front man. I would have hoped that we could have stuck with the passing game that suits us so well. However what worries me more (if this is so) was the apparent lack of commitment.

Nobody said the season was a write off. You obviously couldn't wait to be the first one to complain about somebody being dissatisfied with today's performance. Fact is we're out of a competition after the first 90 minutes of a new season. The guy is entitled to be disappointed.

I wasn't there but looking at later posts it appears that we have been way, way over optimistic about the enthusiasm of this relatively newish' squad. For instance are we really going to go back to the route one long ball to the big front man. I would have hoped that we could have stuck with the passing game that suits us so well. However what worries me more (if this is so) was the apparent lack of commitment.

Don't waste it all on the first match! You'll have plenty more weeks to have a wee moan on a Saturday night :-)

Yes it is disappointing but I would rather go out of this cup and start well in the league.

I dont have a problem with those at the game having a go and ripping the team to shreds if they feel it is necessary I do have a problem with people who didnt see a minute of the game making comments that can only be guesswork. would you say a film is shit if you didnt see it?

I am disappointed too but didn't see the game so I am not placed to throw my toys out of the pram.

its not overall been a great pre-season, the general optimism at the end of last season appears to be vanishing from the support, the comments about lack of commitment are worrying for sure, i,m dreading the Livvy game now, Ross County are surely an early season bet to take the drop and the have beaten us, not great, in fact, a worry.

Oh god, here we go again, best squad on paper in the division, and under achieving before a ball has been kicked in the league.

And before some of you lay into me for being negative, look at our pre season !!! not one clean sheet !! its a worry, a real worry, i thought this was our year, we still have work to do.

I dont have a problem with those at the game having a go and ripping the team to shreds if they feel it is necessary I do have a problem with people who didnt see a minute of the game making comments that can only be guesswork. would you say a film is shit if you didnt see it?

I am disappointed too but didn't see the game so I am not placed to throw my toys out of the pram.

I would feel that I could comment upon the opinions of those who had been at the game. (Likewise a movie) Without personally 'slagging' the team. The general opinion seems to be that it was a poor match and we were pretty dire. The general sense of optimism I saw building as we approached the start of the new season was always going to lead to disappointment if we started in our usual fashion.

I hope you're not suggesting it was MY toys that left the pram. I've only got the one so have to be very careful where it goes. :wink:

Not a massive surprise today. We started decent enough at the back but with two guys in the full back positions who'd rather be elsewhere on the pitch, we are woefully short in that area.

Thought first half was pretty much as even as you can get with both 'keepers making one good save and then County nearly scoring with a goalmouth scramble in the dying seconds.

We didn't look in a lot of trouble but a simple ball over the back and once again no one does enough to prevent the cross coming into the box and, as at Inverness, their player is allowed to put it back across goal and Winters bundles it over the line. Less said about the second goal the better but an absolute nightmare from McCaffrey.

Disppointing attitude from a few Saints players (and maybe not those you'd expect, Martin) after that but Holmes continued to battle away and set up Sammy twice, one of the chances which he took.

Problems are clear for everyone to see... Over to you Derek!