Four Points in Nine Games

Guest imported_Jamie_Beatson

Guest imported_Jamie_Beatson

So we're seven points behind with ten games to go. However, we only need to make up four points in the next nine to still have a chance - that would set up a decider at Love Street on the final day (providing Ross County don't race ahead!)

If you think of it that way it is perfectly acchievable!

providing Ross County don't race ahead!

How likely do people think this is. I mean, a few weeks ago i would have said there was no chance of this happening, but they seem to gaining momentum from the run they are on, and Gardner Speirs seems to be doing a very good job. Aslong as we keep doing our job and continue to get the results....i should be happy!

So we're seven points behind with ten games to go. However, we only need to make up four points in the next nine to still have a chance - that would set up a decider at Love Street on the final day (providing Ross County don't race ahead!)

If you think of it that way it is perfectly acchievable!

When you put it like that how can people still not believe we can still do it...This league is far from over. If that was the case what a day it would be at Love Street on the last day of the season, if we beat them on their own patch in front of their on fans.....Pure Class...

C`MON SAINTS we can still do this!

Too many if's and buts for my liking. I don't think we will do it... but I'm all for being proved wrong!

In truth, I'm not sure if we'd survive just now if we went up... We need another season of building IMO... but hey, going up a year prematurely is better than not going up at all.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!

Keep the faith!

It's do-able, so lets just keep going as far as we can!

For the Club, i want us to be promoted. But i agree with Kyle another season of building would be good! However, personally i couldn't afford every match until the next season in the SPL - I imagine the SPL will be slightly stricter than the 1st Division on the kids gate! :wink::roll::wink:

Like every saints fan - I want us to win everything and as much as it would be amazing to win the league this season is it the best thing for Saints?

Are we ready for the SPL? Even if we were to bring in 3-4 players, would we be good enough to avoid a thumping every week? From our current squad, there are very very few who could step up to the SPL. Stanic, Scotland, Peaso, Milne (maybe), James (maybe), Sheerin (maybe).

Maybe I'm being a bit cautious but it may make more sense if we stay down another year and build a team that can at least have a glimmer of hope to stay up. There will be no Livi there to save us after all.

The last time we got promoted to the SPL we went there with guys who could get a top six finish, some really brilliant players. Could any of our players get in the top six first teams?

Personally I think that Saturday was the penultimate nail in the coffin. Still in with a shout but with County winning and playing Stranraer in their game in hand, their gap with St. Mirren should be down to 3 points, ahead of playing us up at Dingwall.

Still, if we aren't going to win the league, how better to end the season than by winning at Love Street and stopping the Midden from winning it!!!

County are the big worry in all this. Midden are having problems getting the ball in the net but County are grinding there way through this league boring but effective.

You're right Broggy County are in the race too.

Also with St.Mirren finding it difficult to score a goal in the much predicted mid winter stutter they were going to have I think any team could draw with them.

Gotta berlieve but winning as many as posssible is all we can do and then hope for a collapse from them.

All is there to play for.

When you put it as we only need 4 points more than the Midden in 9 games it looks so much easier but when you look at the fixtures Coagies, Hamilton twice, County away and tyhe rejuvinated Q of S then the task becomes that much harder.

But with Peaso looking like he is set for a return Milne on the way allowing Hardie into the midfield with possibly Jason dropping back for a free role then i dont think we should fear those teams but certainly we will have to be at our best. The one plus is that County will have to come out and play against us as they will need a result assuming the Midden dont implode. If the Midden do then as we have found out County will be very hard to break down and they now have the jump on us.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its now and truely game on. 7 points from the next three games will put the cat firmly among the pigeons. Then we have an easier section of fixtures which in theory should deliver 12 points in four games. Looking at this and considering the Midden seem to be on the slide and the pressure will be mounting on them along with County dropping the point against Stranraer it is becoming more interesting by the week.

I am now more positive that we are in with a real shout of this but the 7 points in the next three games is the big ask.

Not in my opinion it won't. They have three very winnable games coming up so we are looking at the gap growing to nine points if we draw a game, that would be the end for us IMO, it can't get any bigger.

We need maximum points from the next three games I think unfortunately.

But the bigger picture says we wont winn all our games and if we were to drop two point in this section of three games it wouldnt be the end of the world!

I do agree we'll drop points but one of the main reasons I feel St Mirren are wobbling is the pressure they are being put under. I just think that nine points would let them relax.

Im tinking though the points may be dropped against dumpdee and i dont think Midden will get an easy time of it at the Glebe. I think you are right however that if Midden do get that gap then they will relax but County are also in the hunt and the pressure will still be on them from there so there may be no relaxation from them..

.................................. and i dont think Midden will get an easy time of it at the Glebe. .

Only problem here is that i don't think Brechin was that easy to train in this week under all that snow.

However St.Mirren's easy spell is about to finish next week and they are not looking too convincing. :D

• 2 months later...