Drew Rutherford

saintbear

deserves to have a great night (especially as it is her 18th!!)

*coughs*

Ahem, anyway on topic - congrats to all involved. It is shaping up to be a cracking night and gutted I am missing out on being there and seeing some of the players who were coming to the ends of their times with the club when I started supporting them as a really young lad.

The Jeanfield flag will be in the twoser Saturday morning when wee john drops it off.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou

Last night was a great night, and will be in my memory forver.

List of Thankyous

Thanks to everyone for attending the night.

Thanks to all the players from the past for giving up there time. We hope you were made welcome by all and had a good night. :o

Thanks to the race right crew for donating their time and making the night a success. :D

Thanks to Owen Coyle, Jim Weir and Paul Smith for attending on behalf of S.J.F.C :)

Thanks to Tommy Campbell, for helping with organising players from the past and helping out throughout the evening. :wink:

Thanks to everyone who donated raffle prizes and items for Auction, and thanks to all the people who helped selling the phaneominal amount af tickets. :P

Thanks to Julie, the Beauty Therapist for giving Erchie and Myself such a pleasurable experience :evil:

Thanks to the Staff at the 208 for all thier help. :)

Thanks to wee John and Beve for arranging the DVDs for the ex-players 8)

Thanks to the evening sponsors Jim Slater and Stuart McKinnon, and programme sponsor Jim Masson, for the funding to make this night possible. :P

Thanks to Irene Campbell for counting and guarding the money for the evening. It was great to announce what we raised before the night was finished. :D

Thanks to the Press who have covered Drews night, for dealing with it in sucha sensitive manner. :)

I would like to give a huge thankyou to Saint Kev, Hazel, Erchie,, and Graeme, Martin, Sumo,Davie Rocket and John the DJ for making this a great night.

Finally I would like to thank Margaret, Jill, Colin and Garry, and the rest of Drews family/Friend for attending. We hope you enjoyed your night :D

Thanks to Drew for

a million memories. You will always be a legend in our eyes.

Total raised last night was 3,750 pounds

Yup,

Will second that - an amazing amount of work was put in by everyone involved - and I think Bear actually managed to enjoy himself once he relaxed.

Thanks a million for letting me be a part of something that will always be with me.

Graeme

("The Bouncer")

I am shattered!!!!!!

Great night - especially the end being one of the last ones to leave and John Pelosi telling us some stories!

Thanks to everyone involved. I couldn't have had a better night. Really enjoyed myself.

We more than doubled what we expected to make - delighted. And i hope the family are up so we can present them with a cheque next week.

As i said to the family: It was our pleasure to organise this for Drew.

What a great day , a long day for those who were there from 10am till the end , what ever time that was ! :lol: but well worth it

Bear I have nothing but admiration for everything you did in the last month to make this such a sucess. You have driven 100's of miles and no doubt spent hours on this and the 3750 total is a testimant to this

Kev you like Bear have done 101's differnet things in the lead up to last night. Thanks for comparing the evening which cannot have been easy with so many in the room, putting the programme together and all the PR work you did

Erchie and Bear, hows yer chests . The pictures are being uploaded as I type :lol:

Hazel I don't think thats the 17th birthday you had planned a few months ago but I am sure you had a night to remember. The quality of the prizes for the raffle was superb

To everyone else who played a part selling races and getting people there, looking after them well done

Last night was the sort of night that makes me proud to be a Saints fan. We were looking after one of our own and unlike at bigger clubs everyone could play their part. The players from the 82/83 team certainly appreciated the support that was given to them. It was also great to see so many of the old faces.

In some ways it was a sad night as well but I am sure the night will have meant so much to Drew and his family. As Owen Coyle said last night service like Drews does not happen a lot in modern football so it was very appropriate to do what we did last nigh.

Just to add my thanks and congratulations to all involved. A storming night, involving a lot of laughs and a fair few tears... I know all the players took the time to speak to Drew via Margaret's Mobile and I'm sure he really enjoyed that, so it's been a massive success in the cash raised, the enjoyable night, bringing old friends together, showing the potential Saints fans have to make something special, showing how we look after our own and giving Drew and his family a big boost in such a hard time.

And to end this... Sammy Johnston... as many of you know, he's a god in my eyes, and the night only strenthened my view of him... quality!

An e-mail from a Saintee and friend of Drew's...

Kev,

Just a small (or maybe not) note to express my gratitude and admiration to yourself and all that worked tirelessly and unselfishly in organising last Saturday night's event for Drew and his family, for something that was pulled together so rapidly it was an outstanding success delivered with sympathy and consideration.

The only thing that could have added to the occasion would have been the presence of the Big man himself, I would have loved to seen the look on his face when he seen the adulation that Saints fans hold for him (it would have blown him away) It was also great to be in the same room as former and current Saints and also so many fellow Saints supporter sharing the occasion.

I'm just off to phone the Big Man to book in for a visit this week hopefully.

In closing it was nice to put a face to the name, I've asked my wife to look out the away top similar to Drew's top that you were wearing on Saturday as I would like you to have it to use as a back up as no doubt Drew's top will soar in value to you personally due to current circumstances.

It's time for you and your conspirators to shine up your halos and bask in every ounce of credit that comes your way!

Best Regards

Duncan