#25 - 31/01/08 - Greenock Morton (a)

perth_saintee12

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit disappointing but I thought we would be lucky to get a point before the game as Morton are probably the form team over the last 6 to 10 games so have to be happy with another point. Just as well there are other teams dropping points or we would be out of it by now.

just home - the delivery is terrible upto the strikers at the moment and we looked very poor around the penalty area. we should have had 2 penalty in my opinion and the referee actually awarded one of them, only to listen to the morton players moaning and award it ON THE LINE of the box...

referee - pish poor.

performance - decent but lacking

what happend to savo? worrying.

and for the record. sammy was great when he came on, looked a threat.

Back in - a bit deflating but still getting points. Thought Gartland had a good debut. Three penalty claims turned down and hit the bar, so not all doom and gloom. Many said they'd settle for a draw. Well youv'e got it. Still clear with games in hand and another week closer to the line. Not celebrating but not despondent either. A goal would be nice.

Back in - a bit deflating but still getting points. Thought Gartland had a good debut. Three penalty claims turned down and hit the bar, so not all doom and gloom. Many said they'd settle for a draw. Well youv'e got it. Still clear with games in hand and another week closer to the line. Not celebrating but not despondent either. A goal would be nice.

I honestly believe we need the kind of luck that only a Pearly King could bestowe upon us.

just home - the delivery is terrible upto the strikers at the moment and we looked very poor around the penalty area. we should have had 2 penalty in my opinion and the referee actually awarded one of them, only to listen to the morton players moaning and award it ON THE LINE of the box...

referee - pish poor.

performance - decent but lacking

what happend to savo? worrying.

and for the record. sammy was great when he came on, looked a threat.

The ref got it right on the freekick on the edge of the box despite the fact taht he originally gave the pen. On the Jody pen i thought it was a stone waller.

Hit the bar from a homer header which had the goalie beaten hands down. I liked the 3 at the back formation today which allowed Irvine and Craig to puch on a lot more. It will be interesting to see what 101 things about Dels tactics :-)

Savo looked like he had a hamstring injury.

Overall happy with a draw but we are just missing something up front whaich would give us that little bit extra.

Came out behind a couple of guys moaning about a draw saying that they are too scared to lose, taht we are not pushing loads up the park and all that mcInnes is bothered about is winning the league. HELLO ARE WE NOT ALL INTERESTED IN THAT!! Playing 2 attack minded wingbacks and 3 at the back disproves that theory in my mind.

Just go have a look at the league table and see how many games Morton have lost at home...... I'm happy with a draw! Humping Dundee next week will make it all seem better! We havent lost anything really in the long run here, our games in hand over 2nd and 3rd will see us in good stead I am sure.. Dunfermline will see this as a bigger problem than us... reasons to be cheerful?

Irvine was brought down outside the box and Jody dived. However, I felt you should have had a penalty when Walker diverted a cross out for a corner with his arm.

Some of you lot should be ashamed of yourselves. An old dear was struggling to get down the stairs and it took the lone Jag to help her. ;-)

You were at our game again? Better get a namechange to Saints Ya Bas!

This is getting embarrassing. It's all very well having a solid defense, but if we can't score, what's the bloody point?

I read this forum quite a bit as I live at the other end of the country and, to be honest, there are a quite amazing amount of fuds who post during the games.

3 points clear with 2 games in hand and a draw against a team that have lost 1 at home all season. Unbeaten in 16 games which is our best record for 13 years and odds on to win the league. Yet it is nothing but moan, moan, fu@$*ng moan. What is the point of posting "this is pish Saints" midway through the 2nd half of a game you are not at??

I picked out one quote but it was one of numerous idiotic posts from people not at the game. It comes to something when you have to log on to P&B for some decent chat.

Temple reports up now - thought we played well enough but lacked conviction in front of goal at times. Defence is as solid as ever and Garters had a good debut - certainly not a man to take crap off anyone. Midfield was excellent but up front we struggled. Savo did well early on (not sure why he went off) and Homer had a couple of good headers including one off the bar. Sammy did ok but he was easily crowded out and lacked support as the game wore on - Homer seemed to be carrying a knock.

As for the penalties, thought Jody's and the handball should have been given. Irvine's was a close one but ref, or rather the linesmen possibly got it right. However given it was a last man challenge and Irvine was lining up a shot why was there no card shown?

I'm happy enough with the result. Crappielow is a rotten ground to go to (and not just for the lack of legroom) and they'll cause other teams just as many problems. We may not be scoring many goals, but right now the defence looks as good as it has all season and that is a big confidence booster going into next week.