Alan Main

Invernessaint

OK its a biggie on Saturday! We all know how much Alan Main loves playing against Dundee teams. Will he remain focused for the entire game or will he once again enter banter with the away fans and then follow that up by doing something really stupid? Theres a time and a place for his antics - lets hope he waits until we are 3 or 4 up before starting them!!:wink:

OK its a biggie on Saturday! We all know how much Alan Main loves playing against Dundee teams. Will he remain focused for the entire game or will he once again enter banter with the away fans and then follow that up by doing something really stupid? Theres a time and a place for his antics - lets hope he waits until we are 3 or 4 up before starting them!!:wink:

Guaranteed to do something really stupid at least once in a game :laugh:

.The bigger the game the more erratic he becomes,.... .

Not really cagey, he was Man Of The Match in last seasons semi-final against Rangers, he was Man Of The Match against celtic in the match we won 1-0 at home after being bombarded for most of the game (Larsson, Sutton etc.) and this was commented on by Martin O'Neil and he was Saints Man Of The Match in Monaco plus many more. These are not wee games.

We all love a bit of banter and a good character. However, sometimes you just want him to concentrate a bit more. He makes far too many silly errors which experience should stop him from making.

I don't think it's a crime to want someone to concentrate, regardless of whether he is a hero/legend or not.

We all love a bit of banter and a good character. However, sometimes you just want him to concentrate a bit more. He makes far too many silly errors which experience should stop him from making.

I don't think it's a crime to want someone to concentrate, regardless of whether he is a hero/legend or not.

Agreed. There is a difference between banter and buffoonery.

This thread is a nonsense, we all know Main larks about a lot, but to say that he does this reguarly in big games just isn't true. It's been said that he always raises his game for the big matches, and the only recent exception to this would be the mistake in the Rangers match.

He's been solid all season and some folks anti-Main agenda is baffling.

But he hasn't made many mistakes this season. Rangers game yes. But I can't think of any other howlers. If we still had a guy like Halliwell, on the other hand, I guarantee we wouldn't be top of the league. Main doesn't make many mistakes compared to other keepers.

Really? He makes at least one per game.

I still think he is a decent goalie though but lets not kid ourselves into thinking he is as good as he was. He's remarkable for his age though - you cannot take that away from him.

But he hasn't made many mistakes this season. Rangers game yes. But I can't think of any other howlers. If we still had a guy like Halliwell, on the other hand, I guarantee we wouldn't be top of the league. Main doesn't make many mistakes compared to other keepers.

He has made a few but we have been lucky that teams have failed to capatalise. Dont get me wrong though, if think he has had an excellent season.

You should have seen McLean tonight! Wee Scrabble would be better in goal. He is a complete disaster, East Fife had a number of breaks where they sprung the offside trap and on three occasions he ran to the edge of his box, then danced a jig before stepping back and watching the ball fly past him. I've never seen such big guy look so small on 1v1 situations.

Alzo is good.