New Strip For Next Season

sideshowbob1974

Joma have a curious reputation. Don't build your hopes up.

Any chance of expending on this? I dealt with Joma a few years ago and will be ordering new Joma kit this coming week so would quite like to hear what it is you have heard.

As said previously the UK distributor of Joma has great experience and deals with Celtics merchcndisng and according to what I hear has a masisve range of goods

Edited by mainstand

Any chance of expending on this? I dealt with Joma a few years ago and will be ordering new Joma kit this coming week so would quite like to hear what it is you have heard.

I have heard some very polarised opinions about their willingness to trade in Scotland since their move. I have also heard that the chap who is dealing with Saints is a former Surrdige employee so he ought to be fine. Their quality is fine. Nothing that I have heard (which is unsubstantiated in so far as it is third hand information) should stop you placing an order so long as you have a good contact in the UK.

I have heard some very polarised opinions about their willingness to trade in Scotland since their move. I have also heard that the chap who is dealing with Saints is a former Surrdige employee so he ought to be fine. Their quality is fine. Nothing that I have heard (which is unsubstantiated in so far as it is third hand information) should stop you placing an order so long as you have a good contact in the UK.

Thank you, The Saints deal will be with the UK distributor who are foing a fair bit of trade in Scotland now and are responsible for Queens Park, Saints and An Other.

i'm pretty happy to see any company that's not surridge get their chance. Everything about surridge - their quality, their designs, their range and their customer service - was all absolutely terrible. Joma won't have to do a lot to do better than surridge did... But they can start by making this our away kit:d...

3216166996_2824d6147c.jpg

yuk!!!

The range offered by Surridge is unlikely to be equalled.

What was so special about Surridge's range? Do you mean the amount of stuff, or the quality of it? Surridge gave us jackets, polo tops, sweatshirts etc, but so did Xara, and other SPL clubs all get similiar ranges of stuff from their suppliers. Didn't Surridge struggle even to get pairs of socks to the fans?

I've been in the Charlton Athletic shop and they had a huge range of Joma merchandise. Of course, I'm not saying Saints would be given the same range of stuff as a club like Charlton - but I don't see why they'd struggle to match Surridge's fairly average output.

By the way, anyone know why Del has started wearing last season's old, faded Surridge jumpers on matchdays? Has this season's stuff fallen apart already?

What was so special about Surridge's range? Do you mean the amount of stuff, or the quality of it? Surridge gave us jackets, polo tops, sweatshirts etc, but so did Xara, and other SPL clubs all get similiar ranges of stuff from their suppliers. Didn't Surridge struggle even to get pairs of socks to the fans?

Surridge retailed all the above whereas the range of Xara stuff was quite limited. This increases brand/club awareness, supplier and retailer profit. It also increases the link between fan and club.

I've been in the Charlton Athletic shop and they had a huge range of Joma merchandise. Of course, I'm not saying Saints would be given the same range of stuff as a club like Charlton - but I don't see why they'd struggle to match Surridge's fairly average output.

Time will tell.

By the way, anyone know why Del has started wearing last season's old, faded Surridge jumpers on matchdays? Has this season's stuff fallen apart already?

This season's staff kit is almost identical to the players kit from two years ago. I haven't noticed any staff wearing training kit that's anything other than this season's. That excludes Del's tin flute and the Joma jackets...

Surridge retailed all the above whereas the range of Xara stuff was quite limited. This increases brand/club awareness, supplier and retailer profit. It also increases the link between fan and club.

Still not convinced there have been any items Surridge provide that Xara didn't - is there anything specific you're thinking of that Surridge have given us but Xara didn't? I wasn't a fan of Xara, but they came out with loads of different tops, tracksuits, jackets, hats, scarves etc over the years, much of which can still regularly be found on ebay. If anything, I'd have guessed that Xara actually gave us more items than Surridge, not the other way round.

This season's staff kit is almost identical to the players kit from two years ago. I haven't noticed any staff wearing training kit that's anything other than this season's. That excludes Del's tin flute and the Joma jackets...

I'm pretty sure that the last few games Del has been wearing last season's sweatshirt (the one that's navy with a sky blue sleeve). Not that I'm saying there's necessarily any significance to it - it's just an observation.

I'm pretty sure that the last few games Del has been wearing last season's sweatshirt (the one that's navy with a sky blue sleeve). Not that I'm saying there's necessarily any significance to it - it's just an observation.

I think the playing staff have different training gear to the coaching staff.

Still not convinced there have been any items Surridge provide that Xara didn't - is there anything specific you're thinking of that Surridge have given us but Xara didn't? I wasn't a fan of Xara, but they came out with loads of different tops, tracksuits, jackets, hats, scarves etc over the years, much of which can still regularly be found on ebay. If anything, I'd have guessed that Xara actually gave us more items than Surridge, not the other way round.

Every year they gave us a new:

Rain Jacket

Fleece

Sweatshirt

Polo Shirt

Training t-shirt

Fashion t-shirt

Tracksuit bottoms

Beanie hat

Scarf

This is in additon to the replica kits being available prior to the season (home) and around October (away and training kit).

Down through the years they also provided; baseball caps, training shorts, tracksuit tops, mini-kits, footballs and mini-footballs, badges, key-rings etc..

They also provided Challenge Cup Final; polo shirt, t-shirt, winter jacket and scarf.

They also provide the coaching staff with different coloured items.

Navy and sky blue is this season's coaching staff kit in the same way that last year they wore black and red. The players training kit in the first year of the Surridge deal is almost identical to the coaching kit this year.

Yes exactly the same as every other kit supplier that we have ever had.

You would think Surridge had done a massive favour to listen to you, Surridge are a business and have tried to make money form Saints fans, unfortunately the goods and service have not been great and the club are moving on to a new manufacturer. If there is a demand for the goods that Surridge provided then the new manufacturer or the Club will produce them.

Every year they gave us a new:

Rain Jacket

Fleece

Sweatshirt

Polo Shirt

Training t-shirt

Fashion t-shirt

Tracksuit bottoms

Beanie hat

Scarf

This is in additon to the replica kits being available prior to the season (home) and around October (away and training kit).

Down through the years they also provided; baseball caps, training shorts, tracksuit tops, mini-kits, footballs and mini-footballs, badges, key-rings etc..

They also provided Challenge Cup Final; polo shirt, t-shirt, winter jacket and scarf.

I'm not disputing any of that - my point is that Xara gave us all that stuff too, bringing out loads of new shirts, jackets, etc over the years we were with them, and also bringing out limited edition jackets, t-shirts, hats etc for our League Cup Final and European matches (I bought quite a few of the t-shirts from the UEFA Cup range, and can remember there being many other UEFA polo shirts etc that I didn't get). In the days when Saints' Xara stuff was for sale in Asda, the Saints section was full of different tracksuits, jumpers, training gear etc.

As Mainstand says, Surridge haven't been doing us some sort of favour: they've been doing their job (and often not very well). I'd expect any manufacturer to come up with a similar range - and if you look at any other SPL club's online shop you'll see that most do. A few randomly chosen ones...

Motherwell

Dundee United

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

...and I'd argue that even the Partick Thistle range is far better and more extensive than Saints' Surridge stuff. I also wouldn't be surprised if their goods are of higher quality than Surridge's shoddily produced range. I've got quite a lot of the Surridge stuff, and none of it has been good enough. At the moment I'd be pretty happy even just for Saints to go with a company that sends you the right items when you order from them.

I'm not disputing any of that - my point is that Xara gave us all that stuff too, bringing out loads of new shirts, jackets, etc over the years we were with them, and also bringing out limited edition jackets, t-shirts, hats etc for our League Cup Final and European matches (I bought quite a few of the t-shirts from the UEFA Cup range, and can remember there being many other UEFA polo shirts etc that I didn't get). In the days when Saints' Xara stuff was for sale in Asda, the Saints section was full of different tracksuits, jumpers, training gear etc.

As Mainstand says, Surridge haven't been doing us some sort of favour: they've been doing their job (and often not very well). I'd expect any manufacturer to come up with a similar range - and if you look at any other SPL club's online shop you'll see that most do. A few randomly chosen ones...

Motherwell

Dundee United

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

...and I'd argue that even the Partick Thistle range is far better and more extensive than Saints' Surridge stuff. I also wouldn't be surprised if their goods are of higher quality than Surridge's shoddily produced range. I've got quite a lot of the Surridge stuff, and none of it has been good enough. At the moment I'd be pretty happy even just for Saints to go with a company that sends you the right items when you order from them.

You're (deliberately) missing the point. Surridge released a new range every year! Not "down through the years". Cup final and European games are not really comparable with the Challenge Cup:oops:

With the exception of the replica jerseys the quality of Surridge stuff has been excellent. I still have a fleece and rain jacket from the first year.

I'm not saying that Surridge were excellent but their range was.

You're (deliberately) missing the point. Surridge released a new range every year! Not "down through the years". Cup final and European games are not really comparable with the Challenge Cup:oops:

I'm not deliberately missing anything - perhaps I'm just too thick, like everyone else, to understand what you're saying.:wink:

Xara gave us new stuff every year too. I can remember the new stuff coming out - many different jackets, tops, tracksuits, scarves, and all on a regular basis (just because it was "down through the years" doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen regularly), with new items often appearing in Asda throughout the season (not just once). Perhaps the range reduced after we were relegated - I'm not sure about that - but I still disagree with you about the difference in range. If there was any difference at all, it was very small.

With the exception of the replica jerseys the quality of Surridge stuff has been excellent. I still have a fleece and rain jacket from the first year.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that, because all of the Surridge stuff I've acquired during Saints' time with them (perhaps with the exception of one woolly hat) has been rubbish, in terms of both design and general quality. And to say it's "with the exception of the replica jerseys" isn't really a great bonus, as the replica jerseys are surely the most important thing to most fans. The overall fit of their clothes is also really strange, and appears to all have been made for people who are wider than they are tall.

I'm not saying that Surridge were excellent but their range was.

If Surridge's range is excellent, then so is practically everybody else's (see links I posted earlier).

I'm not deliberately missing anything - perhaps I'm just too thick, like everyone else, to understand what you're saying.:wink:

Xara gave us new stuff every year too. I can remember the new stuff coming out - many different jackets, tops, tracksuits, scarves, and all on a regular basis (just because it was "down through the years" doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen regularly), with new items often appearing in Asda throughout the season (not just once). Perhaps the range reduced after we were relegated - I'm not sure about that - but I still disagree with you about the difference in range. If there was any difference at all, it was very small.

Right, new approach. List all the items that Xara produced for us on an annual basis - that is a new design each year.

The relegation argument is null and void because we were in SFL1 when the deal commenced.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that, because all of the Surridge stuff I've acquired during Saints' time with them (perhaps with the exception of one woolly hat) has been rubbish, in terms of both design and general quality. And to say it's "with the exception of the replica jerseys" isn't really a great bonus, as the replica jerseys are surely the most important thing to most fans. The overall fit of their clothes is also really strange, and appears to all have been made for people who are wider than they are tall.

It's the fashion, son.

If Surridge's range is excellent, then so is practically everybody else's (see links I posted earlier).

United's range is exceptional but I suspect they pay heavily for the privilege.

Right lets return to the topic and leave the bitching about Xara and Surridge aside,

I think you will be very pleasently surprised when you see the quality of the Joma range, I was shown a lot of the kit tonight and the tracksuits t shirts and leisure wear not to mention the strips are all top quality.

As far as delivery, the company director I was meeting advised that he is able to get stock direct from the factory in Spain within 4 days of delivery(volcanic ash permitting).

All looks good and something to look forward to,

Right, new approach. List all the items that Xara produced for us on an annual basis - that is a new design each year.

There's no possible way I can do that and you know it. Do you think I'd have kept an annual list of items Xara produced for us? The fact is, unless you yourself have such a list, we're both working from memory.

The relegation argument is null and void because we were in SFL1 when the deal commenced.

We were in the SPL when we first went with Xara, and the First Division when we left them. I mentioned that possibly the range reduced when we were relegated (I've already said I'm not sure whether it did or not - I actually don't think it did), but whether or not that's the case doesn't really affect my point.

It's the fashion, son.

It's quite a strange fashion in that case, in that it only appears to have reached the specific groups of fans whose teams happen to have strips made by Surridge. None of the other football kit I've bought over the course of our Surridge years has been of such strange fit and poor quality. It must be the only fashion in history that has managed to restrict itself to small groups in Perth, Ayr, Bradford and Bury. Is it the fashion for the sponsor's logo to fall off after a couple of washes too?:wink:

United's range is exceptional

...yes it is, but none of the others I've looked at appear to have an inferior range to Saints either. What Surridge did for us, in producing a sizeable range of goods for the club and its fans, is completely the norm in their industry nowadays. I still don't see what you think was so amazing about the fact that they managed to throw out a few hats and jumpers every year, given that that's the sole purpose of their very existence as a company.

I'd actually prefer it if Joma gave us a smaller line of good quality stuff, rather than a wide variety of stuff that is essentially crap.

Right lets return to the topic and leave the bitching about Xara and Surridge aside,

I think you will be very pleasently surprised when you see the quality of the Joma range, I was shown a lot of the kit tonight and the tracksuits t shirts and leisure wear not to mention the strips are all top quality.

As far as delivery, the company director I was meeting advised that he is able to get stock direct from the factory in Spain within 4 days of delivery(volcanic ash permitting).

All looks good and something to look forward to,

Can you describe the strips?