Bring in Deuchar or Keep Holmes

dan loves saints

Bring in Deuchar or Keep Holmes?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking that myself. done a great job in the short period he was back in Gretna following his stint for us. Gave Rangers defence a bit of a headache.

He came back to the SPL after his brief foray to the States and played how many games? 4 - Zip goals!

Radford said his new SPL club play with only one striker and he is not the one. If he was any good they would play with 2 and change their system.

Holmes is a St Johnstone player and get my full support.

I agree and think we should give him a chance but I would be particularly chuffed if deuchar came back. I rate him quite highly. I disagree with those who dont think he's spl standard. He and Jacko were superb together and complimented one another very well. I think that same combination would be successful in the spl too.

I agree and think we should give him a chance but I would be particularly chuffed if deuchar came back. I rate him quite highly. I disagree with those who dont think he's spl standard. He and Jacko were superb together and complimented one another very well. I think that same combination would be successful in the spl too.

I don't know. Deuchar wasn't even MLS standard and, trust me, that's a pretty low bar.

Really surprised by this. Perhaps he was told he would be fair down the pecking order next season. He was offered a contract?

Step up the Doc please......

Im thinking he may have only been offered a 1 year deal with saints and as you say be down the pecking order where as Queens have given him a 2 year deal and he is almost certain to start what with their two first choice strikers away now.

Doctor Deuchar, you're wanted at McDiarmid Park...

A good striker in his time with us ,but i think the 1st div is his level. we need a striker that will give us double figure amount of goals in the SPL so i think we will have to look else where, such a player will be hard to find and wont be cheap but if that fails then the good doctor may be the option.

A good striker in his time with us ,but i think the 1st div is his level. we need a striker that will give us double figure amount of goals in the SPL so i think we will have to look else where, such a player will be hard to find and wont be cheap but if that fails then the good doctor may be the option.
I dont agree. As has pointed out Scott McDonald in 2nd place of the scoring charts has about 12? The Doc would be more of the provider fo a fit Jacko or Savo. He is certainly more clinical than homer so he would put the chances away. Gave Rangers a handful at Gretna and also Hearts in the SC Final. I think he would be a valuable additon to our squad. We have Savo, Jacko and Peaso with the goal scoring instinct we need someone like Kenny.

Not sure, reckon you could pick up somebody better for less than that, and didnt Livy reject a dundee bid for £200,000??
Could have been a PR Stunt, I heard it was £125k on the formal offer. They are also in the same division and should be looking to challenge Dundee.