Has Geoff Brown sold the club??

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoff does this every year hoping maybe to see if buyer will come forward. I hope that there is a strict vetting process in place and the criteria being they must be from Perth and support Saints. I know Brian Souter, more from the past but now more just the odd conversation in the street and he's not really interested in being too involved with Sainjts. I'm sure he could get a bit more involved though but not in terms of owning a vast amount of shares but who knows.

If wisemans take over will we have to play in black and white cow stips?

Perhaps the yellow and blue away strips allude to the soutar / gloag empire takeover as megabusses are also yellow and blue?

Would we lose out on the revenue of the witness conference due to fundamental theological differences between mr soutar and 'them'?

Would gay people be banned from the stadium and would there be no section 28 but 27 and 27a?

All these answers and more on, You have got to be having a laugh aint you!

Hope this is a rumour as it would be very difficult for Geoff to enforce his ethos regards the club after it was sold, any potential purchaser can talk a good game up to the point of sale but at the end of the day after that point any majority shareholder could pretty much do as they liked.

Should we be doing a Bino's and getting a proposal together to take over?

How much is Geoff's holding worth> £10mil?

Me and the old man were discussing this on the way home from the title parade. If a Saints fan had scooped all last weeks Euromillions, £113mil, what would it cost to buy Geoff out and would he allow you to?

Now call me greedy, but I'd only be putting up £33mil initally for Saints but I'd expect this to make me club owner and still have enough left to ensure a bright future for Saints, do people think £33 mill would cover this?

Me and the old man were discussing this on the way home from the title parade. If a Saints fan had scooped all last weeks Euromillions, £113mil, what would it cost to buy Geoff out and would he allow you to?

Now call me greedy, but I'd only be putting up £33mil initally for Saints but I'd expect this to make me club owner and still have enough left to ensure a bright future for Saints, do people think £33 mill would cover this?

How much did Mileson Spunk away on Gretna? 19Million in 4 years? You would need very deep pockets to 'buy' the dream and actually live it for any real length of time.

How much did Mileson Spunk away on Gretna? 19Million in 4 years? You would need very deep pockets to 'buy' the dream and actually live it for any real length of time.

F**K! What did he spend that on?

I wouldn't be looking to do a Mileson, I value my life and Saints are already in the top division! I'd be looking to take over and try to become a regular top 6/europa team, possibly push for the league but appreciate this would be difficult due to the population of Perth. Surely if some decent flair players were brought in and results were consistant the crowds would increase?

I've bought the club and Kevin Moon is now skipper, manager, secretary, MD and Holy Messiah. Soulful's season ticket has been revoked until he recants the black art of Wizardcraft and RockSteady will be forced to wear pink romper suits! Away tickets will be £55 for matches against OF and Dundee (cup game).

Alan Sugar Has bought the club. You're Fired!!!

At the moment Saints are pretty much self-sustaining. If you ran the club in a similair fashion to the way it is being run just now then £33m wouldnt be near needed. I'd assume GB would pass the club on for a very fair fee if he knew the person taking over had the clubs interests at heart.

At the moment Saints are pretty much self-sustaining. If you ran the club in a similair fashion to the way it is being run just now then £33m wouldnt be near needed. I'd assume GB would pass the club on for a very fair fee if he knew the person taking over had the clubs interests at heart.

Thats all right then, only its book value, Spare 20 Million anyone ? :wink:

Would gay people be banned from the stadium and would there be no section 28 but 27 and 27a?

That's actually a really interesting point.

I'd buy my papers elsewhere if I knew that my newsagent was a racist, but what if our club chairman held views that I considered offencive and was actively persuing them politically?

Would anyone have a moral issue if the team was to be owned by a man who is considered by some to be a homophobe?

I'm not in anyway stating my politics or my moral position, but I'd be interested to know what others thought.

PS I really don't think he'll be taking over the club anyway, but.....

I'd have a huge issue with Soutar being involved in the club. If he was to become chairman I'd probably stop going to McDiarmid.

YOU WOULD LET 1 MAN STOP YOU FROM WATCHING THE TEAM YOU LOVE???

NO WAY- NO MAN IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB.

WHO EVER IS THE CHAIRMAN HE IS JUST THE CUSTODIAN .ITS YOUR CLUB-OUR CLUB AND YOUR GRANDCHILDRENS CLUB.

SO YOU KEEP GOING AND SUPPORTING THE SAINTS IN THE WAY YOU AND OTHERS HAVE

DONE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO...........

F**K! What did he spend that on?

I wouldn't be looking to do a Mileson, I value my life and Saints are already in the top division! I'd be looking to take over and try to become a regular top 6/europa team, possibly push for the league but appreciate this would be difficult due to the population of Perth. Surely if some decent flair players were brought in and results were consistant the crowds would increase?

First few seasons at McD we regularly got crowds of 7 or 8000 then the novelty wore off & crowds started to drop.

Of course the big difference there is that, after actually obtaining the club, Mileson was continuing to plough his own money into paying players so that they could rise through the leagues - the club itself could never have sustained it (and, in the end, proved just that in spectacular fashion). With Saints, I reckon that if you could afford to actually buy the club, you wouldn't really need to splash out any of your own money after that - the system is already in place for Saints to be self-sufficient (it's not as if Geoff is running the club out of his own pocket, after all). Of course, I'm sure that if a few of us on here really were mega-rich then there'd be an obvious temptation to also spend a bit of extra money on the odd glamour signing - but I think that what's really needed to keep Saints on the track their on is a good business head, rather than bags of cash.

YOU WOULD LET 1 MAN STOP YOU FROM WATCHING THE TEAM YOU LOVE???

NO WAY- NO MAN IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB.

WHO EVER IS THE CHAIRMAN HE IS JUST THE CUSTODIAN .ITS YOUR CLUB-OUR CLUB AND YOUR GRANDCHILDRENS CLUB.

SO YOU KEEP GOING AND SUPPORTING THE SAINTS IN THE WAY YOU AND OTHERS HAVE

DONE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO...........

I'm afraid I would, he's a gigantic homophobe who is responsible for one of the most embarassing parts of recent scottish history. I wouldn't stop supporting Saints or encouraging others to do so, I just wouldn't give the club any of my money if he was ever to be in charge. How would you feel if, for example, someone like Nick Griffin was looking to invest?

p.s. the caps lock button goes off as well as on. :wink: