Alan Main - New Contract?

Slowhand

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think? Beaten by some bloody great strikes. Thought he did well.

I concur. The only time he looked rattled was in the second match when someone shouted "Hows the career going Gallacher?" to much mirth. :laugh:

It will hopefully take a turn for the positive some time soon though.

Last season due to us dominating large parts of games Main wasn't too busy. Next season I feel it might be a step too far for Alan at the age of 41.

Gallagher would be a good signing and he would be 1st choice.

totally agree. Gallagher is just 30 soon be at his peak for G/K. good kicker of a ball, has expieriance at top level plus 7 or so scotland caps. would be a good signing for us. if main doesnt stay who else can we get with a c.v. as good as gallaghers??? Not many..

The evergreen keeper has signed for another year, but admits he won't be the first choice keeper all season.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=398

Good news/Bad news?

Definitely good news!

It would have been very surprising though if he hadn't signed a new deal and had one last hurrah in the top flight.

We still need to identify a long-term successor though which won't be an easy task.

Great news. I think, if we do sign a decent standard of keeper, Main would still deserve to start the season as number 1. Only consistent good performances will keep him there.

This is not entirely dissimilar to the time when Alex Totten's team were promoted and John Balavage and new signing Lindsay Hamilton were the goalies. Hamilton didn't get in before Bally was injured.

This is not entirely dissimilar to the time when Alex Totten's team were promoted and John Balavage and new signing Lindsay Hamilton were the goalies. Hamilton didn't get in before Bally was injured.
Can anyone remember the bad injury bally got to his face when saving at the feet of an opposition player at muirton and the player involved????.I thought it was against Hamilton?but might be mistaken.:?:

Great news. I think, if we do sign a decent standard of keeper, Main would still deserve to start the season as number 1. Only consistent good performances will keep him there.

Balavage remained part-time and was always on his way out after that decision........

Can anyone remember the bad injury bally got to his face when saving at the feet of an opposition player at muirton and the player involved????.I thought it was against Hamilton?but might be mistaken.:?:

An away game at Hamilton was certainly the last one he played before his lengthy absence from the side.

• 3 months later...
totally agree. Gallagher is just 30 soon be at his peak for G/K. good kicker of a ball, has expieriance at top level plus 7 or so scotland caps. would be a good signing for us. if main doesnt stay who else can we get with a c.v. as good as gallaghers??? Not many..

if you saw gallaghers performance today you can see why i wanted us to sign him this season plus i think once he took over as nmbr1 from alzo we would have a top class g/k for a good few seasons, IMO.