Sectarianism

deej

A Celtic fan has been beaten to death in Norther Ireland as well

Just heard some Celtic fans on the news talk about their next manager:

David Moyes, Martin O Neil and Gus Hiddink were mentioned :laugh:

Old Firm fans are useless buggers almost to a man

Have you ever expressed your views face to face to anof supporter?

Yes - but it's not something I do regularly as I never have cause to mix with any of them.

I still don't know what this "keyboard warrior" stuff means though. Are you expecting me to somehow contribute to an online forum without using a keyboard?:?

A keyboard warrior to me is someone who tries to provoke a one sided argument hiding under his desired pseudonym, most of the time spouting crap. However, BH is a respected Saints fan and was in my opinion making a valid point so I don't believe he would fit under that category.

Back on the topic, yeah I get the feeling that the OF put their club before sectarianism.

I have yet to find a good argument why the OF cant swap home colours for a season. It wouldnt stop it, but when I walk along to uni in the morning passing a pavement painted red white and blue, it would make a dent in their morals.

Who would be against this move? Well if you are a genuine Celtic/Rangers fan and you knew this would help fight it, would you be against it? I think most people against it would be the kind that take their passion beyond the point of normal.

Rangers have made a start, with the Saltire on the back of the strips. Maybe Celtic can do something similar. Just to promote they play in Scotland. Maybe sending captains of each round the schools together. Showing a video of the violence that can be caused through secterian taunts etc.

A keyboard warrior to me is someone who tries to provoke a one sided argument hiding under his desired pseudonym, most of the time spouting crap. However, BH is a respected Saints fan and was in my opinion making a valid point so I don't believe he would fit under that category.

Back on the topic, yeah I get the feeling that the OF put their club before sectarianism.

I have yet to find a good argument why the OF cant swap home colours for a season. It wouldnt stop it, but when I walk along to uni in the morning passing a pavement painted red white and blue, it would make a dent in their morals.

Who would be against this move? Well if you are a genuine Celtic/Rangers fan and you knew this would help fight it, would you be against it? I think most people against it would be the kind that take their passion beyond the point of normal.

Rangers have made a start, with the Saltire on the back of the strips. Maybe Celtic can do something similar. Just to promote they play in Scotland. Maybe sending captains of each round the schools together. Showing a video of the violence that can be caused through secterian taunts etc.

Cant see why we have to give the OF so much time in respect of "sectarian" chants every time an OF game takes place or when another one of them loses a game......Yeah the proof is there that there are Bigots on both sides - but surely this has been discussed time after time - its not going be anyone of us that will change the "bile" that both sets fire out........If im at a game and i shout an obsenity - im sure id be lifted right away and tossed out of the ground......but for some reason Strathclyde and other forces where the OF appear turn a blind eye...WHY ?

I wisnae going to discuss this too !!

As for changing tops for a season WW....would you gladly wear a Dundee FC top and attend every game at McD ?

The whole issue is boring -yet we keep feeding it.

I respect other peoples opinions .

who cares ?

I do. Its a big problem in a lot of areas and it affects me cause of where I stay in Ireland. I didnt think it would be a problem when I went over there but such things as wearing a saints top in the park can cause a lot of problems and I think its crap that this goes on.

As for changing tops for a season WW....would you gladly wear a Dundee FC top and attend every game at McD ?

Not quite the same. I am on about swapping colours not crests as well. They have the same sponsor so that wouldnt make a difference. So would I wear a navy blue saints top? yes I would but thankfully we don't have sectarian issues with St Johnstone.

In addition to that I would'nt even ask the supports if they are for it. No-one asked us if its okay to have a predominantly white top for saints home kit. We shouldn't ask them if they want to stop sectarianism, we should make them stop it.

As far as I am concerned Scottish football would do well by managing to get rangers and celtic in to the english leagues.. No more 2 horse race would possibly mean that the money that is awarded for winning the league and cups would be more evenly distrubuted between teams who would be more willing to invest in homegrown players. The other upside would be that the plague of glasgow or as i prefer to call the place Belfast lite would be passed on to the English FA who I suspect may actually have more success in dishing out punishments as there is no way that those two teams would ever dominate the Premiership. I reckon they would struggle in the Championship

Plenty of protestants died due to the famine...

The song itself is a Joke its 100% factually incorrect. it goes on about how they used to leave the floodlights on at parkhead so that the german bombers could find glasgow during the war. Which is absolutle crap being that the floodlights were installed late 50s early 60s.

From the Rangers fans that I have spoken to asking if they actually realize how stupid it makes them look they are saying that it doesn't need to be factual its them shouting out against the republic of Scotland. i think they are trying to say that the Scottish press and well to be fair the whole world is against them... Poor little hey jimmys :roll:

As far as I am concerned Scottish football would do well by managing to get rangers and celtic in to the english leagues.. No more 2 horse race would possibly mean that the money that is awarded for winning the league and cups would be more evenly distrubuted between teams who would be more willing to invest in homegrown players. The other upside would be that the plague of glasgow or as i prefer to call the place Belfast lite would be passed on to the English FA who I suspect may actually have more success in dishing out punishments as there is no way that those two teams would ever dominate the Premiership. I reckon they would struggle in the Championship

My heart agrees with you absolutely 100%.

My head says that if the OF left Scottish Football - no TV money, therefore the Scottish League would go t*** up. Unfortunately, and it's a brutal truth to swallow, is that games involving either side of the OF are all that TV companies want to know about.

The TV equation is simple:

Lots of OF fans who can't get to the game itself = lots of TV subscriptions.