McInnes To Leave Saints?

Hey guys,i have connections at posh and i can tell you Ferguson jnr is unlikely to be coming.Irvine would appear to be favourite but id imagine Del would be second.After being raided by Celtics bullying tactics (what a disgrace they are to your country!) we really need a lift,nearly all the players want out....TMs done a runner 3 weeks after telling the players they must stay...its a bad time for us so Del would be a good appointment to get us going again and he is known to be friendly with our chairman(must be the only one!).For what its worth i hope he stays with you and gets a few more seasons under his belt before venturing down here.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,i have connections at posh and i can tell you Ferguson jnr is unlikely to be coming.Irvine would appear to be favourite but id imagine Del would be second.After being raided by Celtics bullying tactics (what a disgrace they are to your country!) we really need a lift,nearly all the players want out....TMs done a runner 3 weeks after telling the players they must stay...its a bad time for us so Del would be a good appointment to get us going again and he is known to be friendly with our chairman(must be the only one!).For what its worth i hope he stays with you and gets a few more seasons under his belt before venturing down here.

Celtic would be the first to whine if anyone tapped up their manager. In fact I could have stopped at Celtic would be the first to whine. There should be some more complaints tomorrow when the fixtures are released as its doubtful if they will get 38 matches at home. I would disagree that they are a disgrace to our country as we could pick loads of unscrupulous tactics used by Man Utd, Chelsea et al but would not tar the whole country with those clubs.

Although Del would be a mug to turn you down I am not sure he is ready yet. I am guessing that you expect to go up again? At the very least be challenging. That could kill a young manager's career if he gets off to a slow start. The Championship does not look to be the most forgiving in England and Del has not been at the sharp end in England for a while.

As I say he would be a mug to turn it down but in my opinion he would be playing a high risk game at this stage of his career.

Celtic would be the first to whine if anyone tapped up their manager. In fact I could have stopped at Celtic would be the first to whine. There should be some more complaints tomorrow when the fixtures are released as its doubtful if they will get 38 matches at home. I would disagree that they are a disgrace to our country as we could pick loads of unscrupulous tactics used by Man Utd, Chelsea et al but would not tar the whole country with those clubs.

Although Del would be a mug to turn you down I am not sure he is ready yet. I am guessing that you expect to go up again? At the very least be challenging. That could kill a young manager's career if he gets off to a slow start. The Championship does not look to be the most forgiving in England and Del has not been at the sharp end in England for a while.

As I say he would be a mug to turn it down but in my opinion he would be playing a high risk game at this stage of his career.

I think he is too early in his career but could see it work with the right minder in beside him. Someone like Bryan Robson who started out at WBA and could take some of the flak and knocks for him?

Maybe i was over the top on celtic/your country-i apologise,just never had so many big headed fans on our site(westbrom.com),that with their use of the press to upset our team and manager has left us very angry towards Celtic.

Anyway,do we expect to go up?...with Newcastle and M'Boro in there plus team that have been building for a while(Preston/Sheff Utd)...we want to be up in the playoffs but dont expect to go straight back up.Many players want out,many want to join Mowbray..its a complete rebuild job if you ask me which is why Del would get time and paitience,lets not forget Mowbray came into near enough the same situation after Bryan Robson was sacked.Im not sure he is ready,the only thing i do know is i wouldnt want to see him ruin his status at the club as a player by having a nightmare as a manager.

I think he is too early in his career but could see it work with the right minder in beside him. Someone like Bryan Robson who started out at WBA and could take some of the flak and knocks for him?

Robson.......:shock::shock::shock:No not again!

,just never had so many big headed fans on our site(westbrom.com),that with their use of the press to upset our team and manager has left us very angry towards Celtic.

Welcome to world of the Old Firm! We get what we want when we want! I would suggest most of the half wits that visited your site couldn't find Celtic Park with a Sat Nav,

Welcome to world of the Old Firm! We get what we want when we want! I would suggest most of the half wits that visited your site couldn't find Celtic Park with a Sat Nav,

Half of them couldn't spell SAT NAV...I've been on the Albion site and some of the tattie munchers who are posting there are just so fecking arrogant it boils my piss. I hope Mowbray crashes and burns and lets be honest, there's every chance that will happen.

De Matteo and Calderwood now appear to be getting a mention on Baggies forums but Del and Ferguson lead most fans polls.

Assume you mean Colin had a thought for a sec there that the Jimmy the great orange beach ball was heading for the hawthorns!!

Derek McInnes : The former West Bromwich Albion midfielder was worshipped by the fans during his three years at the club and he has the potential to be a really good manager. He guided St Johnstone to the SPL last season in his first full campaign as a manager and is a great advocate of swift, attacking football – something that the Albion fans have become accustomed to under Mowbray. However, some fans are worried that the West Brom job may be too big for someone with limited managerial experience. All I have to say is Mowbray only had two years with Hibernian before moving down south and he didn’t do too badly. . .

http://articles.squarefootball.net/squarefootball/2009/06/west-bromwich-albion-who-will-fill-mowbrays-boots-at-the-hawthorns.html