McInnes To Leave Saints?

But you are unhappy with the current situation, yes?

You believe they should be handling the current situation differently, yes?

Sureley nobody is happy about not knowing who the manager will be at the start of the season.. Are you ?

I am sure the board are doing the best to resolve that.

as i have reapeatedly said it is not an ideal situation and i havent doubted or criticised the board.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havnt doubted or criticised the board, i shall say this once more. . . my answer was about what would stop the speculation and that was for one of them to turn round and say he is staying. that is all.

I don't understand what you want from the board here, right now this entire discussion is based on fan and media speculation, which could be based on information of vary integrity. The current situation is Derek McInnes is under contract as St. Johnstone manager, and is preparing a team for next season. It doesn't call for any action from the board.

They could however issue some sort of hands-off warning i guess. I don't know how that would aid things though, most probably it would only add to speculation.

ITS EASY.. . . DEL or club just have to say he is staying at saints. then no more speculation.. . . As this hasnt happened they are waiting for him to go. SIMPLE.

WE are in control of the situation if the club and dell say he is staying then WBA will have to look elsewhere. . . . .So in the mean time the fans have sit and wonder who will be manager at the start of a very important season for club/fans and town.. . . In my humble oppinion its Not a good situation to be in,.

Sureley nobody is happy about not knowing who the manager will be at the start of the season.. Are you ?

as i have reapeatedly said it is not an ideal situation and i havent doubted or criticised the board.

The above posts imply a level of mis-trust or lack of confidence in the way the board are handling the situation. You want them (I think) to offer Del a three year deal despite the financial predicament.

Yet you say you trust the board....

My head hurts. What do you want?

The above posts imply a level of mis-trust or lack of confidence in the way the board are handling the situation. You want them (I think) to offer Del a three year deal despite the financial predicament.

Yet you say you trust the board....

My head hurts. What do you want?

You to take over as Chief Exec, Chairman, Manager, Coach, Tea Lady and Head Ball Boy.

Many years ago I saw your namesake score a penalty in a 5 - 1 defeat at Muirton against Motherwell. Saints played in red their lucky strip at the time.

All that info is as relevant as a lot of the speculation. Still don't know why we were in red.:shock:

I never said it would happen , i said it would stop the speculation if it DID happen.

The club could stop speculation on all future transfers too, by simply telling us right now who they're definitely going to sign for the rest of this year and who they're not. The club should also let us know which of our current players are going to be the subject of bids from other clubs, and whether or not these bids are going to be accepted. The fact that doing this isn't actually possible is, apparently, irrelevant - I demand that the club does both of these things immediately!:razz:

From the Birmingham Mail today:

Go for McInnes as boss says West Brom's Neil Clement

Jun 22 2009 by Robert Tanner, Birmingham Mail

"ALBION defender Neil Clement has backed former team-mate Derek McInnes to become the next Baggies boss and believes he would be an 'inspired choice.'

Clement, who played alongside McInnes in the Albion side that won promotion to the Premier League under Gary Megson, believes the Scotsman would take the club forward after the departure of Tony Mowbray to Celtic.

McInnes has impressed in his first managerial job in Scotland and has just led St Johnstone into the Scottish Premier League.

The former Albion captain topped a Mail fans' poll last week of who is the supporters' preferred choice to succeed Mowbray with over a third of the vote, and McInnes has been strongly linked with the vacancy with current reserve team manager Michael Appleton as his assistant.

Albion will step up their search for a new manager this week and are keen to have someone in place for when the players return for pre-season training on July 2, and Clement, who should be fit again after knee surgery, believes they could do a lot worse than McInnes.

"He had lots of respect as captain," said Clement, who is the only remaining Albion squad member from when McInnes was a player at The Hawthorns.

"One of my mates at St Johnstone, Jodie Morris, has told me what a great job he is doing up there.

"No-one at West Brom has a bad word to say about him. He is very highly thought of.

"He is a class guy and always gives 100 per cent in everything he does.

"I think he would do a tremendous job and I think someone as forward thinking as him could only take the club forwards.

"He is a diplomat and a clever guy, and he has done extremely well in his first managerial job.

"I would like to see him here. I have always got on well with him.

"I feel he would take the club on and do a really good job.

"When Gary Megson was manager he built up a really healthy relationship with him but he does that with everyone.

"He is a great ambassador for the club and he would be an inspired appointment."

St Johnstone chairman Geoff Brown has stated that Albion would have to agree a compensation fee with him before he gave permission for Jeremy Peace to speak to McInnes, but that is unlikely to deter Peace as Albion have the £2 million compensation fee Celtic paid for Mowbray and his coaching team of Mark Venus and Peter Grant.

However, Albion are considering a host of options and have stated there is no clear favourite for the job at this stage.

Do we think that West Brom have already approached Broon?? Broon then decides to tell Del (obviously) but they agree to keep it all quiet and out of the press. Del can then speak with WBA and both parties can decide what happens next. If WBA don't want Del then nothing is ever said. This maintains Dels reputation with the fans and whoever gets the job doesn't know he was even approached. If Del is offered the post but doesn't fancy the gig it can be announced that WBA have asked for permission from Saints which is granted by Broon. Then Del can come out and say he want's to stay at Saints which raises his reputation with us. If he is offered and accepts the job, it can be firstly be released that the permission has been sought and then quickly afterwards that McInnes has accepted and been appointed the new boss of WBA..

???????????????

Do we think that West Brom have already approached Broon?? Broon then decides to tell Del (obviously) but they agree to keep it all quiet and out of the press. Del can then speak with WBA and both parties can decide what happens next. If WBA don't want Del then nothing is ever said. This maintains Dels reputation with the fans and whoever gets the job doesn't know he was even approached. If Del is offered the post but doesn't fancy the gig it can be announced that WBA have asked for permission from Saints which is granted by Broon. Then Del can come out and say he want's to stay at Saints which raises his reputation with us. If he is offered and accepts the job, it can be firstly be released that the permission has been sought and then quickly afterwards that McInnes has accepted and been appointed the new boss of WBA..

???????????????

That's what will happen although they won't make an approach until they definitely want him. Saints dont/wont conduct their business in public.

That's what will happen although they won't make an approach until they definitely want him. Saints dont/wont conduct their business in public.

I think they have already made an approach and permission has been granted. I also think he has (or is about to be interviewed)..Keeping it quiet make sense..

That's what will happen although they won't make an approach until they definitely want him.

More like they won't make their approach until they've agreed terms and everything else with him. The notion that WBA will approach the club before McInnes is very sweet but will never be the case. They'll already have spoken to McInnes, just as the Burnley chairman had interviewed OC (at Gleneagles, I think) before Saints knew a thing about it.

If an approach is made, McInnes will be away because he'll have already indicated to WBA he wants the job and they'll have decided they want to offer him it.

At least the whole thing is drawing to a close now and we should know the outcome within the next 48 hours. As I've already said to some, this whole thing, plus Setanta, has fair dampened my enthusiasm for the season ahead.

More like they won't make their approach until they've agreed terms and everything else with him. The notion that WBA will approach the club before McInnes is very sweet but will never be the case. They'll already have spoken to McInnes, just as the Burnley chairman had interviewed OC (at Gleneagles, I think) before Saints knew a thing about it.

If an approach is made, McInnes will be away because he'll have already indicated to WBA he wants the job and they'll have decided they want to offer him it.

At least the whole thing is drawing to a close now and we should know the outcome within the next 48 hours. As I've already said to some, this whole thing, plus Setanta, has fair dampened my enthusiasm for the season ahead.

Cheer up ya miserable anorak:laugh: It'll no be long noo:wink: and you'll be lovin it.