McInnes To Leave Saints?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A simple, hes not going as he has just signed a 3 year deal to stay at St.Johnstone would stop the speculation. NO?

But how can the club say that if he hasn't signed any such extension? West Brom don't have a new manager yet so how exactly can the club say "yes he's going" or "no he's not" when the fact is that nobody actually knows that yet?

But how can the club say that if he hasn't signed any such extension? West Brom don't have a new manager yet so how exactly can the club say "yes he's going" or "no he's not" when the fact is that nobody actually knows that yet?

ITS EASY.. . . DEL or club just have to say he is staying at saints. then no more speculation.. . . As this hasnt happened they are waiting for him to go. SIMPLE.

ITS EASY.. . . DEL or club just have to say he is staying at saints. then no more speculation.. . . As this hasnt happened they are waiting for him to go. SIMPLE.

He wont sign a contract right now with all the speculation thats going on. He may not have been approached but will still know that there is a chance of the WBA job and all that goes with it.

Pretty sure Geoff won't put him in the position of having to turn it down either. Everyone just has to wait. The next week will let us know if he is staying or going.

what a load of crap. we are not Man U and even they have their price........

Why would GB come out and say he is staying when very clearly we are not the ones in control of the situation, if WBA want him then its their right to make a request to discuss it with him. As far as I am concered I am staying in my job and have paid my £25 christmas party money - If I get offered a role on double the wages tomorrow? Being at a football club is no different to any other profession.

Its already been said somewhere thats discussions are soon to start on a contract extension, I am imaging this? I am trying to think where I heard/got this from.

Its very hard but we must all wait patiently, as soon as there is news we will hear.

what a load of crap. we are not Man U and even they have their price........

Why would GB come out and say he is staying when very clearly we are not the ones in control of the situation, if WBA want him then its their right to make a request to discuss it with him. As far as I am concered I am staying in my job and have paid my £25 christmas party money - If I get offered a role on double the wages tomorrow? Being at a football club is no different to any other profession.

Its already been said somewhere thats discussions are soon to start on a contract extension, I am imaging this? I am trying to think where I heard/got this from.

Its very hard but we must all wait patiently, as soon as there is news we will hear.

WE are in control of the situation if the club and dell say he is staying then WBA will have to look elsewhere. . . . .So in the mean time the fans have sit and wonder who will be manager at the start of a very important season for club/fans and town.. . . In my humble oppinion its Not a good situation to be in,.

WE are in control of the situation if the club and dell say he is staying then WBA will have to look elsewhere. . . . .So in the mean time the fans have sit and wonder who will be manager at the start of a very important season for club/fans and town.. . . In my humble oppinion its Not a good situation to be in,.

Del may have the opportunity to move to a bigger club with bigger resources in a bigger league and multiply his wages about tenfold, why would he stay he is definitely staying?

I am guessing you are quite young. Your naivety is admirable.

its not a good situation but all we can do is sit and wait......

The club wont come out and say he is staying unless we do get him to sign a contract. At the end of day its down to Del and WBA. If they want him, he wants to go, then he will be off if they meet our demands. I dont believe that we will price them out of a swoop, it will come down to what they want, not saints.

Anyway iam off to buy a bottle of irn-bru, 2mince pies, a double twix and a flump. :cool:

Damn you BK......will now have to raid the kids piggy bank.......ok john....new improved offer.....

Bottle of Barrs Irn Bru-the 2 mince pies-a double twix- a flump and a Kojak ***lipop........if that can be beaten stick her on Ebay..

As for Del have to agree -if a job that pays more and offers a more competative league he would in O'rourkes words " be signing for livvy - or oot o his tree".

I hope GB has someone in mind IF....and we dont have to struggle to find someone....who knows (IF) the new manager might just get us a Left Back !

You can't just go demanding £500,000 grand for compensation - the maximum you'll get is the manager's outstanding salary if he saw out his contract.

Because if Saints demanded £500k, McInnes would be forced to resign and all Saints could recover for breach of contract would be that outstanding sum.

McInnes has done a decent job, but hasn't proved himself. I think we've suddenly become a fashionably hunting ground in the wake of Coyle's success.

So "easy" and "simple" that there is absolutely no chance of it happening at the moment - the situation is nowhere near that simple. These things take time. It would be downright daft of Saints to say the guy's staying if they know full well there's still a good chance of West Brom coming in with a good compensation package that can't be turned down. In the end it's up to West Brom to decide they want him and meet our valuation, and up to Del to decide if he wants to go - what exactly are Saints supposed to do about that but try to convince him he has a good future here whilst waiting to see what happens? Unless you want the club to lie to us all purely for the sake of providing an immediate yes or no answer, then what you're asking for is impossible.

Del may have the opportunity to move to a bigger club with bigger resources in a bigger league and multiply his wages about tenfold, why would he stay he is definitely staying?

I am guessing you are quite young. Your naivety is admirable.

My answer was on how to stop the speculation on del leaving and NOT about bigger wages/resourses/league , all that is obvious. I REALLY DO WISH YOU WOULD READ MY POSTS. :rolleyes::mad:

So "easy" and "simple" that there is absolutely no chance of it happening at the moment - the situation is nowhere near that simple. These things take time. It would be downright daft of Saints to say the guy's staying if they know full well there's still a good chance of West Brom coming in with a good compensation package that can't be turned down. In the end it's up to West Brom to decide they want him and meet our valuation, and up to Del to decide if he wants to go - what exactly are Saints supposed to do about that but try to convince him he has a good future here whilst waiting to see what happens? Unless you want the club to lie to us all purely for the sake of providing an immediate yes or no answer, then what you're asking for is impossible.

I never said it would happen , i said it would stop the speculation if it DID happen.

I never said it would happen , i said it would stop the speculation if it DID happen.
You did say though that you wanted it to happen, so you want the club to lie? I think you are very much in the minority on this. Patience and all will become clear. Stewardship of the Board has never let us down before, dont expect it to start now

You did say though that you wanted it to happen, so you want the club to lie? I think you are very much in the minority on this. Patience and all will become clear. Stewardship of the Board has never let us down before, dont expect it to start now

All down to personal oppinions and that is mine. If you want to be left not knowing what ia happening thats up to you.. . . . hopefully it will be sorted this week and we can enjoy the new season. mon the saints.

It is frustrating not know whats going on but I prefer that we do business Geoff & Dels way rather than like Mark McGEE who says in the press that he thinks Stephen ex *** will join them at Aberdeen because he likes us. Shit,he will join whoever gives him the best deal.

All down to personal oppinions and that is mine. If you want to be left not knowing what ia happening thats up to you.. . . . hopefully it will be sorted this week and we can enjoy the new season. mon the saints.
Of course I want to be in the know but I want to be in possesion of facts, not items that we release to the press only to keep the fans happy.

Each paper you pick up will give you a different version of events, until there is something concrete on the website, I will sit on my hands (and hope)

So what makes you doubt/criticise their handling of the current situation?

I havnt doubted or criticised the board, i shall say this once more. . . my answer was about what would stop the speculation and that was for one of them to turn round and say he is staying. that is all.

I havnt doubted or criticised the board, i shall say this once more. . . my answer was about what would stop the speculation and that was for one of them to turn round and say he is staying. that is all.

But you are unhappy with the current situation, yes?

You believe they should be handling the current situation differently, yes?