#05 - 30/08/09 - Saints 2-2 Hearts - SPL

Big game for both sides. Saints could do with picking up 3 points. Hearts Really, really need to pick up 3 points..I hope that over the week McInnes works a bit with the Saints defence. I would like to see a 4-4-2 with Sammy and Deuchar up front.

Midfield of Davidson, Morais, Morris and Craig. Main in goal and a back four of MacKay, Garters, Caff and Grainger..

Bench of.. Smith( if fit) Sheerin, Millar, Irvine, Savo plus two youngsters..

No place for Hardie,Swankie, McLean, Ando..

Still out with injuries..

Rusty,Jacko,Moon,McDonald..

Hopefully the Jambos will bring a great travelling support..

Looking forwards to it already although we do have a cup game in midweek so I'm sure one or two of the boys will get a chance to stake a claim for a starting slot on Sunday.. Hopefully their will be no new injuries...

'MON THE SAINTS

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardie came on and steadied up the midfield yesterday would you drop him altogether? Swankie will get the MoM on Wednesday so he could well come in? mmm cough.

Would like to see Irvine start and MacKay on the bench. Sammy and the Doc up front.

What is the latest on Craig? Is he fit?

I thought Hardie looked lost yesterday after he came on. Yeah he put in a few hard tackles but, ( and this is just my thoughts) he would be at best a bit part player for me. Great 1st Division player but I fear that's his limit..

*ducks to avoid the barrage of abuse coming my way

I thought Hardie looked lost yesterday after he came on. Yeah he put in a few hard tackles but, ( and this is just my thoughts) he would be at best a bit part player for me. Great 1st Division player but I fear that's his limit..

2 super crosses, slowed the pace of the game down. A few of the reports I read suggsted I wasnt alone in my thoughts.

He still has a bit part to play, but a part still there.

i thought hardie steadied the ship a wee bit and brought some muscle into the match, think we should of started him in the 5 man midfield against celtic, hindsight of course

if he plays and does well against arbroath then i think he should be in contention for a place on the bench against hearts on saturday.

main

irvine caff gartland grainger

morris

craig davidson

morais sammy swankie

dont know about irvine or mackay so if irvine is fit i would throw him in

i thought hardie steadied the ship a wee bit and brought some muscle into the match, think we should of started him in the 5 man midfield against celtic, hindsight of course

if he plays and does well against arbroath then i think he should be in contention for a place on the bench against hearts on saturday.

main

irvine caff gartland grainger

morris

craig davidson

morais sammy swankie

dont know about irvine or mackay so if irvine is fit i would throw him in

You have Swankie playing Centre Forward now? It's getting beyond a joke.

agree with u here, yes he put in one or two hard tackles but what about when he took, what seemed like a minute, to clear the ball when he was in his own box, and resulted in his punt getting blocked??

Sorry, I thought you had Swankie in the centre. As ludicrous as it is that Swankie is anywhere near the starting 11.

my concept is that with the 3 all alternating and having the skill to do so will be able to cause the hearts backline quite a few problems along with support from the midfield.

of course we'll likely go with deuchar and savo with swankie in the stands :cry: much to your absolute sheer delight :)

my concept is that with the 3 all alternating and having the skill to do so will be able to cause the hearts backline quite a few problems along with support from the midfield.

of course we'll likely go with deuchar and savo with swankie in the stands :cry: much to your absolute sheer delight :)

I wouldn't mind Swankie in a midfield 4, I didn't think he was cut out for the role you are suggesting in the 1st division let alone Scotlands fearless European representatives (?).

I'd rather have Liam Craig in there, or the wizard for that matter, but I don't can't see a lot of joy from Swankie wide in a front 3. As was proven in some of last seasons games.

I wouldn't mind Swankie in a midfield 4, I didn't think he was cut out for the role you are suggesting in the 1st division let alone Scotlands fearless exEuropean representatives (?).

I'd rather have Liam Craig in there, or the wizard for that matter, but I don't can't see a lot of joy from Swankie wide in a front 3. As was proven in some of last seasons games.

i think him being in a midfield 4 doesnt suit him, also i can only see him working with those 3 as we all know each of them are talented individuals and i think they have a good understanding of each other.

with the 3 alternating it gives them a freedom to roam that area and i think they all excel when they find the space, if the front 3 dont roam about then i cant see it working but whoever is on the flanks at the time will need to track back and give the opposing players a wee bit hassle

judging from our 1st 2 games we have found space easier to come by and the opposition arent kicking the 9 hells out of us and that would only suit us with this style and formation