Millwall fans rioting agsint West Ham fans - it was ever the same!!

Kevin

ok If it happens every week wheres the press reports from the weekend of all the mass brawls ???

I too had the ill informed view that there was fighting at all english games before I moved down here and attended matches.

I did not say there were mass brawls every week, i said there was trouble every single week, and there is.

the mass brawls are not so common due to better policing and better segregation.

if it was not for the better policing there would be mass brawls every week.

I could easy pick 10 matches from the leagues this weekend and predict trouble.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that it happens every single week at every ground across England, but it is still a factor in English football, and there are still multiple arrests throughout the country for varying levels of disorder. I will find the 2008-2009 report for England and Wales.

It seems that maybe I misunderstood the point there is trouble every week I thought that he ment hooliganisim. Now it seems that trouble every week ment arrests for varying levels of disorder.

In that case there is trouble every week in scotland as well.

I did not say there were mass brawls every week, i said there was trouble every single week, and there is.

the mass brawls are not so common due to better policing and better segregation.

if it was not for the better policing there would be mass brawls every week.

I could easy pick 10 matches from the leagues this weekend and predict trouble.

I thought you were talking about hooliganism ?

on that basis I reckon I could probably predict the same for Scottish matches.

it all depends on how you define trouble.

The last game i was at was 18 months ago and there was fighting, a horse charge and battons flying, the wife and kids seen it all.

Sunderland v Derby.

IT HAPPENS EVERY WEEK.

part of their culture.

I could list several clashes that have been caught on tv during the game in the last few years.

Stoke QPR, Chelsea Liverpool spring to mind immediately.

It seems that maybe I misunderstood the point there is trouble every week I thought that he ment hooliganisim. Now it seems that trouble every week ment arrests for varying levels of disorder.

In that case there is trouble every week in scotland as well.

I DID mean hooliganism and no there is not trouble every week in Scotland.

SaintinReading, you are talking simply about Reading FC. We are looking at the Premiership and Football league as a whole, not to mention Luton Town in the Blue Square.

Luton town in the Blue Square thats cheered me up.. god I miss watching them getting beaten by reading.. Maybe Reading will be with them in a few seasons they way they are playing atm.

Maybe its just me and the fact that it takes a lot to make me feel threatened or people leave me alone as I am 6ft 4 and 20 stone. however I have been to a few other teams down here.. Shrewsbury Town they have/had a famous firm. I saw nothing.

The Reading V Cardiff match last year the stewards were stopping Reading fans from walking down past the away end as " theres trouble" I asked can i go this way they said I cant stop you but its at your own risk.. I walked down there and started speaking to a load of cardiff fans . Now maybe they clocked that I wasnt english and decided to chat. But I mentioned that the stewards were saying theres trouble here and they all laughed and said what utter crap.

if thats what defines trouble then I have seen worse in Shenanigans on a thursday.. Is that place still there BTW

I have been at Cardiif twice in the past 3/4 years, once against Reading and once against Stoke, fighting on the terrace at both games.

All the Perth boys there will verify it.

Saintreading, I could prove you wrong every Monday morning if you want.

It would mean trawling thru fitba forums to do it but due to it being the norm down there it does not get reported on that often in the press.

Vast majority of football hooliganism would go unreported anyway, as it tends to be smaller groups going at it unnoticed. Every Millwall away game I go to the locals have a pop, and it is never reported.

I went to the New den a few years back great day out. I never saw any problems.. even walked back to the tube station by some Millwall lads I guess i wasn't looking for trouble ...

Luton town in the Blue Square thats cheered me up.. god I miss watching them getting beaten by reading.. Maybe Reading will be with them in a few seasons they way they are playing atm.

Maybe its just me and the fact that it takes a lot to make me feel threatened or people leave me alone as I am 6ft 4 and 20 stone. however I have been to a few other teams down here.. Shrewsbury Town they have/had a famous firm. I saw nothing.

The Reading V Cardiff match last year the stewards were stopping Reading fans from walking down past the away end as " theres trouble" I asked can i go this way they said I cant stop you but its at your own risk.. I walked down there and started speaking to a load of cardiff fans . Now maybe they clocked that I wasnt english and decided to chat. But I mentioned that the stewards were saying theres trouble here and they all laughed and said what utter crap.

if thats what defines trouble then I have seen worse in Shenanigans on a thursday.. Is that place still there BTW

Shenanigans is now the New York Pool/Snooker hall and has been for about 10 years. Its demise was mainly down to the Ice Factory and Rhumba Club. I spent Thurs, Friday and Saturday in Shenanigans 16-18. Even got a snog off the bird that played annalise in neighbours - had to pay a fiver for it though :wink:

I have been at Cardiif twice in the past 3/4 years, once against Reading and once against Stoke, fighting on the terrace at both games.

All the Perth boys there will verify it.

Saintreading, I could prove you wrong every Monday morning if you want.

It would mean trawling thru fitba forums to do it but due to it being the norm down there it does not get reported on that often in the press.

I am not saying it doesnt happen I am saying that it does not happen every week.

Having said that there was some issues last game at the Madejski that was the Stewards being dicks and throwing sheffield fans out for sitting in the wrong seats :roll:

Shenanigans is now the New York Pool/Snooker hall and has been for about 10 years. Its demise was mainly down to the Ice Factory and Rhumba Club. I spent Thurs, Friday and Saturday in Shenanigans 16-18. Even got a snog off the bird that played annalise in neighbours - had to pay a fiver for it though :wink:

Somehow I had a suspicion that it would be shut now. Was never really the most classy of places :laugh:

I would have no problem walking about in any town in Scotland on match day with my colours on or going into any pub, we do it.

Do that down south and most of the time you would get chased out.

that goes for the majority of towns, from Barnsley to Wigan to Sheffield to Manchester.

I have personally seen it at all these places.

I am not saying all is squeeky clean up here but nothing like on the scale it is down there.

The Den is probably the safest ground you can visit in English football, assuming you take the train from London Bridge to South Bermondsey. There is a caged walkway straight from the station directly into the away end, similar to all the Dutch grounds.

I enjoyed it the guys that walked with me to the station were sound as certainly better than the copper that I asked for directions all i got out of him was I'm not from round ere

Talking about dutch games I went to a PSV v Ajax game once.. My god that was scary

Wee J, as there are only 2 clubs up here that attract crowds that are way above 5 figures on a regular basis (and have trouble/arrests at most of their games) I think you will find that size wise there is not much difference.

For real, constant match trouble at all levels try Holland.

Also, I must point out that Cardiff are Welsh:laugh:

Wee J, as there are only 2 clubs up here that attract crowds that are way above 5 figures on a regular basis (and have trouble/arrests at most of their games) I think you will find that size wise there is not much difference.

The difference is sectarianism and hooliganism.

i was in a sellick pub on saturday, no bother, that would not have been the case if I was at a game down south (in most cases)

For real, constant match trouble at all levels try Holland.

or just try e***and

Also, I must point out that Cardiff are Welsh:laugh:

just another county of e***and:laugh:

:wink:

Was watching it last night and have been watching the reports on Sky news all morning and the first reports the police were surprised by the level of violence that occured last night!!! come on i may be female and not really know that much about football but i do know that these teams have waited a wee while to play each other and it was going to be voilatile!!!

have the police never seen Green street or watched danny dyer going round the clubs??? it wouldnt take a rocket scientist to know that it was a powderkeg!!!!

the reason that not all violence at games makes it to the media each week as they have to be seen not to glorifing it if idiots think that there fighting will make news it will become more frequent and increase in scale.

On a lighter note does anyone else think the baldy fan that made it down past the halfway line looks a bit like the old lark saint hee hee

Edited by ronaldosbaby