St Johnstone fans are not welcome in Perth

Havana Club Saintee

Well probably these local supporters (groups) who like winning teams all the time (maybe because they are losers in their private lives) just choose a bar and if accepted just keep going but really the local team's fans should know where and where not to go, it's a bit of a lottery in our own team's town.

It does sound a bit of a disgrace and extremely unfair.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was trouble all over the town yesterday, I was in the Foundry last night when it kicked off. 2 Perth guys just went ****ing mental and started a huge fight. No bouncers in sight and the barman had to step in but he couldnt get the 2 guys to leave, they just stood there shouting and goading the whole pub which was rammed with utd. Then just before they left they threw a glass point blank at the guys chest. It was like something out of a danny dyer film. This went on for about 5 mins and there where NO bouncers and NO police!!!

Dundee Utility. ****ing Pathetic, out ran by 2 guys!!!

Whilst it is annoying, I dont want to say to on much on here, but if you had been in the town last night you would understand why the pubs dont want colours, especially right after a game like that.

There were hundreds of Dundee guys in the town. The police were stretched to the limit, I wouldnt be surprised if it was the Police that put the ban on colours last night.

Whilst it is annoying, I dont want to say to on much on here, but if you had been in the town last night you would understand why the pubs dont want colours, especially right after a game like that.

There were hundreds of Dundee guys in the town. The police were stretched to the limit, I wouldnt be surprised if it was the Police that put the ban on colours last night.

Probably was, the police shut dickens three times yesterday and the foundry wasnt allowed to serve drink for 45 mins.

Never seen such a police presence in Perth before.

Dilated Pupil's right in a way there is too much Weegiefucation in Perth compared to most of the places I've lived and worked in (Stirling, Dundee, Inverness, Aberdeen & edinburgh), and compared to the Perth I grew up in. Too much division over there, don't want that crap. To be honest John there is in Perth now the situation of Rangers and Celtic associated bars which makes me think are we a suvurb of Glasgow?

Where are these Rangers and Celtic associated bars in Perth?

Havana it might have been you who approached me in the street after crossing the road at Kinnoull Street and asked are there any pubs who allow colours. I said you could go to Christies because I'm sure I've seen a thread on here saying they are trying to encourage Saints fans? Think it was Ginger Baker who posted it? That's obviously bollocks if they didn't let you stay there.

Just after you went that way I thought I should have said go to Ormonds just up the street from where I met you cos that would've been a safer bet. Sorry the Christies thing didn't work out. I think it's terrible.

Where are these Rangers and Celtic associated bars in Perth?

The Vic (Stagger Inn), St.Leonards (now defunct), Twa Tams (previously), Abbotsford, Dickens (on its day, but once very Saintee), Christies (a few old firm regulars but don't like Saints scarves) etc. I was in the Twa Tams with a few Saintees to see the live game between Celtic and Saints at Parkhead around 1999/2000 and it had a big screen. They told us to stand at the back of area since we had football colours and we thougyt fair enough don't want to upset those sitting down for a drink. Then Celtic scored against us and EVERYONE in front of us jumped up and celebrated. :evil:

If there are any of these bar regulars who disagree please tell me I'll try them out again on OF game days. They (both sides) change pubs a lot depending on ownership. The town is always mobbed with local OF fans when they play each other and all the bars are busy. I wish that happened for us and it should.

Aye the foundry had a small disagreement after the match, Dundee Utility were there in reasonable numbers but kept themselves to themselves to be honest, even shaking hands with some Saints fans who come in with their shirts on. I was just in a blue polo shirt. I was the opposite side of the pub to where a scuffle started but no one was really interested in fighting apart from the guys involved.

I was turned away prematch from Sportsters with colours. I am hoping that the Foundry do not put a ban on colours. Although they could have had some more staff working as it was mobbed pre-match and post-match.

I heard Mondos had a few number of arabs in so that could be added to The Pub list.

Havana it might have been you who approached me in the street after crossing the road at Kinnoull Street and asked are there any pubs who allow colours. I said you could go to Christies because I'm sure I've seen a thread on here saying they are trying to encourage Saints fans? Think it was Ginger Baker who posted it? That's obviously bollocks if they didn't let you stay there.

Just after you went that way I thought I should have said go to Ormonds just up the street from where I met you cos that would've been a safer bet. Sorry the Christies thing didn't work out. I think it's terrible.

Think it probably was mate. Don't worry about it. Just feel we all need to know where we are welcome for a drink in our own town on a Saturday prior to KO. The attitude is so narrow minded in these places. Laughable.

The Vic (Stagger Inn), St.Leonards (now defunct), Twa Tams (previously), Abbotsford, Dickens (on its day, but once very Saintee), Christies (a few old firm regulars but don't like Saints scarves) etc. I was in the Twa Tams with a few Saintees to see the live game between Celtic and Saints at Parkhead around 1999/2000 and it had a big screen. They told us to stand at the back of area since we had football colours and we thougyt fair enough don't want to upset those sitting down for a drink. Then Celtic scored against us and EVERYONE in front of us jumped up and celebrated. :evil:

If there are any of these bar regulars who disagree please tell me I'll try them out again on OF game days. They (both sides) change pubs a lot depending on ownership. The town is always mobbed with local OF fans when they play each other and all the bars are busy. I wish that happened for us and it should.

A vast difference between guys going to a bar to watch a game than to have any association with either half of the OF.

I would doubt there is ANY bar in Perth with a strong OF association.

A vast difference between guys going to a bar to watch a game than to have any association with either half of the OF.

I would doubt there is ANY bar in Perth with a strong OF association.

If you're saying that no pub has the Union or Irish flag and official supporters clubs I'd agree with you. Let's just say they pour out on OF match days and these particular pubs are fairly normal the rest of the week. There are OF sided bars definitely. Trust me and my brother and friends can back me up, I'll have to try and video this. During the week you might not notice but it comes out on match day. I remember coming back from the 1989 semi-final against Rangers in Glasgow and we went to the St.Leonard's bar and everyone was singing the Sash that night after we'd spent a whole day in Glasgow. :laugh: Mind you they did go on to sing "Vincent" which I joined in on. That Twa Tams experience to me made it visibly a pro Celtic bar but obviously I went in a lot so it wasn't as noticeable normally on other days apart from conversation. I also watched Scotland vs. Brazil there and one regular said I'm not interested I support Ireland and he lived in Bridge Of Earn. Creation of division then => anybody mentions that fact => racisim. Not really but it is a requisite desire just to keep it all going.

Another thing that annoys me is when you walk into any local location and people that have lived here all their lives say "Your team's not doing that well are they?" F8ck sake. Then "the trouble with your team is their not willing to spend money, Geoff Brown doesn't really want Saints to get any higher". :evil: They know F'all and they live here.

OK I'll put my head in the sand. :)

If you're saying that no pub has the Union or Irish flag and official supporters clubs I'd agree with you. Let's just say they pour out on OF match days and these particular pubs are fairly normal the rest of the week. There are OF sided bars definitely. Trust me and my brother and friends can back me up, I'll have to try and video this. During the week you might not notice but it comes out on match day. I remember coming back from the 1989 semi-final against Rangers in Glasgow and we went to the St.Leonard's bar and everyone was singing the Sash that night after we'd spent a whole day in Glasgow. :laugh: Mind you they did go on to sing "Vincent" which I joined in on. That Twa Tams experience to me made it visibly a pro Celtic bar but obviously I went in a lot so it wasn't as noticeable normally on other days apart from conversation. I also watched Scotland vs. Brazil there and one regular said I'm not interested I support Ireland and he lived in Bridge Of Earn. Creation of division then => anybody mentions that fact => racisim. Not really but it is a requisite desire just to keep it all going.

Another thing that annoys me is when you walk into any local location and people that have lived here all their lives say "Your team's not doing that well are they?" F8ck sake. Then "the trouble with your team is their not willing to spend money, Geoff Brown doesn't really want Saints to get any higher". :evil: They know F'all and they live here.

OK I'll put my head in the sand. :)

You have told 2 stories, 1 from 10 years ago and one from TWENTY years ago! What i'm saying is that i know of NO pubs in PRESENT DAY Perth that has any association with the OF

I do find it unfortunate that in some pubs in our hometown we can't get in with colours on, but agree it's at each publicans discretion. However, what i don't agree with it Sportsters - it's a sports bar! They have many pieces of sports replica and souvenirs around the place of various sports/teams and still don't agree with football colours on match days!

Was it 2 years ago St Mirren brought a crackin support up to McDiarmid for a cup game? I went down to Sportsters to meet friends and they had buses up from Paisley and booked in, plus many off the trains and the pub was full before they decided to ask the tops to be turned inside out or hidden. Disgraceful - happy to take their money but not to show their teams colours! I know the Sportsters in Paisley welcomes football fans with open arms on match days too. Small time Perth :( - travelling supports will soon get bored with town pubs attitudes/stewarding and policing....

I haven't been to many pubs in the town on matchday, but I park my car up at Dobbies normally and Saturday was the first time I went into the Glover Arms just across from it.

There were a lot of United and Saints fans in there with strips on and no-one minded at all. Fair enough, they don't show footy on big screens, etc, but if you want a pint or two before the game and a bit of banter it was fine.

You have told 2 stories, 1 from 10 years ago and one from TWENTY years ago! What i'm saying is that i know of NO pubs in PRESENT DAY Perth that has any association with the OF

Not stories - Facts. Maybe you're right maybe the rain has washed them all away. Try the Vic (Stagger) on matchday. Once again I'm saying that there are no pubs that are OF associated bars in terms of supporters clubs although some might, so we agree on that. I'm saying that there are pubs that have OF supporters on matchday because they know their welcome and will get behind their particular OF team. There has to be OF supporters who go to bars because Perth has loads of them.

You're saying no.

I'll put my head in the sand again. :)

Not stories - Facts. Maybe you're right maybe the rain has washed them all away. Try the Vic (Stagger) on matchday. Once again I'm saying that there are no pubs that are OF associated bars in terms of supporters clubs although some might, so we agree on that. I'm saying that there are pubs that have OF supporters on matchday because they know their welcome and will get behind their particular OF team. There has to be OF supporters who go to bars because Perth has loads of them.

You're saying no.

I'll put my head in the sand again. :)

The only team I'm aware that has any association with the Vic is Dundee United, does their bus not leave from their?

Their will always be people that come out to watch an OF but such is the nature of the fixture that people who support other clubs will choose one of the OF to lend their support to on a matchday.

The ONLY pub that I have actually seen evidence of an OF association would be Sportsters who encourage BOTH to come in on a matchday keeping one set downstairs and the other upstairs.