Whats gona happen with savo?

rbaldock

Always thought milne was a player with great promise but unfortunately dont think he ever really lived up to the billing bar a few decent goals.and obviously ibrox.

As his injury remains and i see no signs or reports of a return,When will we see him back,is it a commitment thing or is he even good enough??

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Savo is a great player. He was a our top Scorer last season with 15 goals and without him we would still be in Division 1. Rbaldock you seem to have a very short memory? Once Savo is fit, he will prove he is a top flight striker! Give the guy a break!

Saints are doing very well this season and playing good entertaining football! The Spl has been much better than I expected but still we get the usual negative rubbish!

Always thought milne was a player with great promise but unfortunately dont think he ever really lived up to the billing bar a few decent goals.and obviously ibrox.

As his injury remains and i see no signs or reports of a return,When will we see him back,is it a commitment thing or is he even good enough??

Milnes injuries have hampered his Saints career, I will give you that, but to suggest he hasn't lived up to his billing or that he is not good enough is simply nonsense. Have you actually attended games for the last few years??

Milnes injuries have hampered his Saints career, I will give you that, but to suggest he hasn't lived up to his billing or that he is not good enough is simply nonsense. Have you actually attended games for the last few years??
Milnes Injuries have hampered his football career not just his saints career. Last season though was one of his best and hopefully his troubles are behind him.

Savo certainly doesnt lack committment, he will be back at his best. We are gonna need him when Sammy leaves in January :cry:

Ur off your nut, Savo is as we can all admit unlucky with injuries and it has hampered his career but he a very good player when he does play, hence why he is signed up for the foreseable future. He should be bak son and i personally can't wait as i feel he will fire us to safety along with samuel. Plus Jacko should be back come the turn of the new year i think so we will hopefully have a set strike force.

he,s been my fave saints player since the hatrick v raith in the challenge cup5-1game.when coyle brought him in i thought,wow hes got a great signing! as i remember what he was like in the spl with the coagies,however that was quite a while back and ok yes he did have a big big part in us getting out d1,too many times tho i thought his general performance/confidence let him and me down....only time will tell guys

If and when he does return i personally dont think he will score many goals in this league hes to powderpuff.

Yet he's proved he can score goals at this level in the past. In his last three of seasons with Dundee, he scored 19 goals in just 41 SPL starts. I'd say that's a pretty impressive return and I also think he's a much improved player from the one that arrived at Saints.

My main issue with Milne is that he's a player that seems to need to be 100% fit to be really effective and too often that isn't the case. The game garydavidson talks about at Hamilton being an example, he just wasn't at the races that day.

I'm a fan of MacDonald as well but Milne has scored a couple more goals for the club in 74 fewer games and in half the time. Indeed I think Peaso's most productive spells for the club have been when on the left of a front three and when alongside Jason Scotland, when the burden wasn't on him to score so regularly.

I'm a fan of MacDonald as well but Milne has scored a couple more goals for the club in 74 fewer games and in half the time. Indeed I think Peaso's most productive spells for the club have been when on the left of a front three and when alongside Jason Scotland, when the burden wasn't on him to score so regularly.

A fit, on-form Peaso would easily be my first choice striker by quite some distance. I think he's a vastly superior footballer to Savo but, as you say, it could be argued that Savo is a better goal scorer. Have to say, though, I have my doubts as to whether either of them will really establish themselves for us in the SPL - I think Samuel is (quite rightly) first choice front man now, with Deuchar our main "big" striker, and sooner or later Del will sign a new target man to compete with/play alongside those two. Chuck Morais in as probably a favourite for one of the wide positions when Sammy plays through the middle on his own, and I find it quite hard to see where Savo and Peaso (and also Jackson) are going to fit in. Come the summer, I think you might see quite a few of these guys, who were great for us in the First Division, being moved on as the club looks to step up a level.

And it's an old argument, but I just wish we'd kept Dobbie.

A fit, on-form Peaso would easily be my first choice striker by quite some distance. I think he's a vastly superior footballer to Savo but, as you say, it could be argued that Savo is a better goal scorer. Have to say, though, I have my doubts as to whether either of them will really establish themselves for us in the SPL - I think Samuel is (quite rightly) first choice front man now, with Deuchar our main "big" striker, and sooner or later Del will sign a new target man to compete with/play alongside those two. Chuck Morais in as probably a favourite for one of the wide positions when Sammy plays through the middle on his own, and I find it quite hard to see where Savo and Peaso (and also Jackson) are going to fit in. Come the summer, I think you might see quite a few of these guys, who were great for us in the First Division, being moved on as the club looks to step up a level.

And it's an old argument, but I just wish we'd kept Dobbie.

dobbie lacked in confidence wen he was here.As a matter of fact,he was pish!

dobbie lacked in confidence wen he was here.As a matter of fact,he was pish!

Dobbie was, and still is, an excellent footballer, as I think his move from Queen of the South to the Championship shows. It's a pity you weren't able to appreciate that. Also totally agree with 101 that Coyle's treatment of Dobbie was one of his biggest mistakes as Saints manager.