What other teams do you like or had a soft spot for, and the hated, oh and...

THE LARK SAINT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if I have mentioned this anywhere before but down south my team is Spurs :shock::laugh: Fan since I was a nipper and used to go to all the home games (north terrace barrier 13). Cannot stand Chelski, Arsenil and Man Utd!! My other southern team are my old local side where I grew up, Edgware Town but they are currently strugglig to get a team and stay in the league.

In Scotland got a soft spot for Stirling Albion and Kinnoull but can't stand the Glasgow teams.

Guest Bertrand
I think we all know my stance on this, but I find it comical that you can criticise Rangers fans for wearing their national flag whilst conveniently overlooking the Mickeys and their tri-colours, up the RA etc etc bollocks.

Please see above.

Union crap - by which you mean Unionism. How dare they support a united Britain and not be brainwashed by all the Nationalist propoganda Alex Salmond and his cronies feed us. Rangers FC and your fans, hang your head in shame.

I find these blinkered opinions and blatant double standards quite horrendous, and feel that jumping on the **** the Rangers bandwagon is becoming quite the "cool" thing to do on this site. I would recommend you all reading into the difference between Royalism, Unionism, Loyalism, Sectarianism, Irish Nationalism etc as there is a distinct difference. Being in support of any of the first 3 I have mentioned does not make you any less of a "proud Scotsman".

I can honestly say I don't have a soft spot for Rangers FC, as a club, but my loathing of Celtic FC and everything they represent means I have to defend them after I read some of the drivel on this website.

I am not a fan of the union - This stance occurred long before the big fish got in charge in Scotland and wont change because you say so.

I dont like the monarchy either, apart from the fact they are German - thats great.

WHY given the fact you are telling people to go and read about irish nationalism and sectarianism etc to get the "informed" view you are clearly championing of yourself - are you then stating that because you hate everythign about celtic this then makes you want to defend rangers?! :oops:

If you dont have a soft spot for rangers then why would you feel the need to defend them? Because you dont like celtic?! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

youre not the only one on here that simply knee jerks as soon as one side of the OF are mentioned - "but what about that other lot, they do stuff too" were not talking about them though are we?!

Scotland -

Aberdeen because of living here and take my kids to support their local team

England -

currently Bristol Rovers as my cousin plays for them and pretty much every club he's played for so that included Leicister City, Grimsby Town and a brief spell on loan to the brummies. I used to claim to be a Man Utd fan but I know better now.

I don't really hate anyone as such anymore but in my youth I have professed to hate Dundee, Celtic, Hearts Dundee Utd and a few others in various football songs.

If you dont have a soft spot for rangers then why would you feel the need to defend them? Because you dont like celtic?! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was thinking a similar thing - I don't really get the logic behind getting annoyed at people not liking Rangers, because you don't like Celtic.

I think that if everyone on the planet suddenly woke up to the manufactured myth that is the OF's so-called rivalry, then Scottish society would instantly improve beyond all recognition.

Most fans expectations exceed the reality and none more so than the "Toon Army" but I always have liked them.Firstly because they were the nearest club to Scotland and secondly my brother has lived there for 25 years.I dont "hate" any club but I despise most OF fans and the great un-washed from up the river.If I wasnt a Saintee and I am delighted to be one I would go and watch Hearts as I have lived in Edinburgh since 1968 and in the early days could not always get to Perth.

I am not a fan of the union - This stance occurred long before the big fish got in charge in Scotland and wont change because you say so.

I dont like the monarchy either, apart from the fact they are German - thats great.

WHY given the fact you are telling people to go and read about irish nationalism and sectarianism etc to get the "informed" view you are clearly championing of yourself - are you then stating that because you hate everythign about celtic this then makes you want to defend rangers?! :oops:

youre not the only one on here that simply knee jerks as soon as one side of the OF are mentioned - "but what about that other lot, they do stuff too" were not talking about them though are we?!

Knee jerk reaction it was, I simply get frustrated at the abuse Rangers take for being pro-British. I simply can't get my head around it. Their antagonisation of the Celtic and Catholics is another story altogether, but I struggle to find a fault with being patriotic in their own country.

Knee jerk reaction it was, I simply get frustrated at the abuse Rangers take for being pro-British. I simply can't get my head around it. Their antagonisation of the Celtic and Catholics is another story altogether, but I struggle to find a fault with being patriotic in their own country.
I was at McDiarmid once when the Rangers Fans booed the bagpipes being played. This is where I have an issue. I have no problem with them singing their anthems etc, just respect ours in our country.

I take a fairly neutral stance as no doubt someone could advise of the similar problem with Celtic

Scotland - Support saints (obv), got a soft spot for Queen of the South and I don't mind Dundee United

England - Used to support Liverpool as a kid, s'pose I still like them, and Cardiff City :)

Abroad - Since Real Madrid are the big team and everyone seems to buy there tops, about 5 years ago I decided to buy an Atletico Madrid top in spite of Real, still like them and buy there tops for reasons unknown

I was at McDiarmid once when the Rangers Fans booed the bagpipes being played. This is where I have an issue. I have no problem with them singing their anthems etc, just respect ours in our country.

Last weekend my piss was boiled when they started giving it "you can stick your tartan army up your arse"

a disgrace to scottish football. I always preferred them to Celtic as the whole Ireland IRA god bless the pope shit just infuriates me, but I have grown and matured to realise that the **** are just as bad if not worse