#22 - 18/01/10 - Forfar Athletic 0-3 Saints - Scottish Cup

dave mc

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Competent workmanlike performance with three well executed goals. The third being exceptional,lovely through ball from millar, clever dummy from savo and great finish. The game i watched,savo played right across the front three and not just out wide as has been suggested by some. Also i think imo swankie has played his last game for saints

Guest Bertrand
Competent workmanlike performance with three well executed goals. The third being exceptional,lovely through ball from millar, clever dummy from savo and great finish. The game i watched,savo played right across the front three and not just out wide as has been suggested by some. Also i think imo swankie has played his last game for saints

Certainly wouldn't be bothered if he went.

Half a season in and he cant muscle his way into the 1st team - I'd certainly start sammy/craig on the left and millar/morais on the right before he'd get a look in, IMO.

Just to add i'd rather see sammy play up front but i'd still prefer him on the wing to swankie, just never seems to give a crap when he's playing.

Certainly wouldn't be bothered if he went.

Half a season in and he cant muscle his way into the 1st team - I'd certainly start sammy/craig on the left and millar/morais on the right before he'd get a look in, IMO.

Just to add i'd rather see sammy play up front but i'd still prefer him on the wing to swankie, just never seems to give a crap when he's playing.

I really dont understand how anybody can be judged on 24 mins performance on an icy pitch brought on when we were 3 up?

Enjoy his cameo at Ibrox?

Guest Bertrand
I really dont understand how anybody can be judged on 24 mins performance on an icy pitch brought on when we were 3 up?

Enjoy his cameo at Ibrox?

FFS READ the post - doesn't say anything about last nights game

I was at the game but did not see things as you did. Some clearly spent more time watching the gaffer and the bench than the game itself. I thought Milne, Peaso and the good Dr were swapping their positions across the front. An example was our second goal scored from a cross by Deuchar.

thats exactly the way it was, clear as day

Some of the criticism of what was essentially a stroll in the park match fitness exercise is ridiculous.

I am no fan of the 4 3 3 either, but as I see it we have 2 strikers who need match practice, and one who needs goals for confidence. Added to this a couple of midfielders who have problems playing on hard surfaces and you get the reason for that formation tonight.

The criticism I would make is that Reynolds and (crap though he was) Swankie should have been on sooner. When are our young strikers going to get blooded? I thought Reynolds looked sharp when he came on.

Edited by monkfish

Some of the criticisism of what was essentially a stroll in the park match fitness exercise is ridiculous.

I am no fan of the 4 3 3 either, but as I see it we have 2 strikers who need match practice, and one who needs goals for confidence. Added to this a couple of midfielders who have problems playing on hard surfaces and you get the reason for that formation tonight.

The criticism I would make is that Reynolds and (crap though he was) Swankie should have been on sooner. When are our young strikers going to get blooded? I thought Reynolds looked sharp when he came on.

I think that you have answered your own question - there was 3 other strikers who are more of a priority.

I know exactly what you mean though, although playing Reynolds against Forfar technically is a step back down from his SFL1 experience gained lately.

I'm sure Saints could have won by 6 or 7 last night and there would still have been critisism of Del's tactics/team selection. I can remember many a time Saints have been beaten by lower league teams or taken to a replay. Del seems to have the team working really hard and with the proper attitude against these teams and thats all that really matters. Get that right and the difference in class will always get you through.

Chris Millar was never off the ball in the first half so not sure where the big punt theories come from. If anything, the defenders were passing the ball about too much at times.

I think it's probable that Reynolds wasn't introduced sooner specifically to allow the forwards to get as much game time as possible, if so fair enough. Although I didn't think Swankie did anything wrong he just doesn't have that spark that wingers need to have. Morais everytime for me.

Chris Millar was never off the ball in the first half so not sure where the big punt theories come from. If anything, the defenders were passing the ball about too much at times.

And he was usually deep when he had it and either played it back or punted it. Can't understand how anyone could think he was MOM.

I counted four consecutive back to front balls at the end of the second half. Jody Morris had sod all involvement in the play making, a fact not lost on an increasingly exasperated McInnes.

I think it's probable that Reynolds wasn't introduced sooner specifically to allow the forwards to get as much game time as possible, if so fair enough. Although I didn't think Swankie did anything wrong he just doesn't have that spark that wingers need to have. Morais everytime for me.

Peaso didn't need that much game time. Savo was left on because Del wanted him on the field. I thought that Reynolds should have been brought on before Swankie as he has been playing well on the right wing.

And he was usually deep when he had it and either played it back or punted it. Can't understand how anyone could think he was MOM.

I counted four consecutive back to front balls at the end of the second half. Jody Morris had sod all involvement in the play making, a fact not lost on an increasingly exasperated McInnes.

Peaso didn't need that much game time. Savo was left on because Del wanted him on the field. I thought that Reynolds should have been brought on before Swankie as he has been playing well on the right wing.

Olympic swimmer was the term I used to describe his emotions.....

Unfortunately it is the requirements and the players know that as well, hence Saints will have a supply of blue and maroon under armour tops and white/blue shorts. No excuses and, while it may be petty, this is something that is now in its 3rd season.

I am certain that you are wrong. The bairns tend not to get such luxuries. Indeed, Reynolds put on a brand new shirt last night, still had the Surridge tag on it. You can argue that the club should provide colour coded under armour, I prefer to argue for common sense and decency. No player should be encouraged to be bollock naked for the sake of such pettiness. He had rolled the under armour up and it was least two inches higher than the bottom of his match shorts.

The dickhead justified it by saying, "rules are rules, son" - a cop-out that is frequently used by folk with no gumption or ability to judge a situation.

No player should be encouraged to be bollock naked for the sake of such pettiness. He had rolled the under armour up and it was least two inches higher than the bottom of his match shorts.

The dickhead justified it by saying, "rules are rules, son" - a cop-out that is frequently used by folk with no gumption or ability to judge a situation.

Is that actually true, if so why didn't he go down the tunnel and change?