#30 - 17/2/10 - Saints 5-1 Hibs - SPL

------------------ Smith ---------------------

Mackay --- Dunerry - Gartland ----- Grainger

Craig ----- Morris ---- Davidson ---- Millar

------------- Savo --- Deuchar ----------

Subs: McLean, Ruti, Irvine, Moon, Sheerin, Hardie, Sammy

That team would win if it weren't for some injured players.

That was roughly the team that beat Hibs in the cup except Swankie was in.

and so derek mcinnes finally reveals himself on wap :razz:

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibs are inconsistent so fingers crossed it is the poor performance that turns up. I noticed Riordan didn't start against Rangers - is he injured?

Lets get into them, batter Zemmama early on, and boss the game. I would like to see Sammy back giving another defence a torrid time.

I wish our inconsistency got us to 3rd in the league :laugh:

Ha ha very true - I just meant that I think when they have an off day they are very very poor. They maybe haven't had as many this season!

I don't think they are particularly good, just better than most of a bad bunch.

I know where you are coming from. The league game at Easter Road we battered them for 70 mins, but the problem is with two guys like Stokes and Riordan they dont need many opportunities even on off days all it takes is one chance. Our backline have to be 100% switched on, so maybe we will just need to outscore them. 5-4 Saints :laugh:

I think we should change the formation a bit at the back we always go with 4 why not try a back 3 and play a 3-5-2 this is wot i would go with

smith

mackay duberry anderson

millar davidson morris morais(if fit) craig

doc sammy

Is that you Jim Chapman? :laugh:

3 at the back is suicidal against a team like Hibs!

why will it be suicidal explain? the back this year has been suicidal apart from macKay. danny grainger will be committing suicide after playing against zemama.

Hibs are an attacking team not a defensive one. The extra man in midfield would have no benefit as he would always have to track back to help out the defence. I'd rather have a defender, danny grainger helping the defense than a midfielder. 4-4-2 is where it's at. It's about time McInnes stopped chopping and changing with our defence and kept a back four for more than one game.

Hopefully you have got mixed up and mean Craig on the left and Midge on the right?

Yes I was just getting the bodies in and like that midfield but some may say we should play an out and out winger. I agree with Saint Chaz I don't see Hibs as a club we can't beat again, they're not Barcelona. At least Saints have had a go in every game which is all credit to the current management team.

Hibs are an attacking team not a defensive one. The extra man in midfield would have no benefit as he would always have to track back to help out the defence. I'd rather have a defender, danny grainger helping the defense than a midfielder. 4-4-2 is where it's at. It's about time McInnes stopped chopping and changing with our defence and kept a back four for more than one game.

i would agree leaving the team for a while if there winning and playing well but were definitely not doing that some terrible performances for a while now plus grainger is useless so why does he pick him every week thats why im saying change it some how also why has he signed connolly and not played him yet he cant be any worse than we have just now and if he his why sign him and the same goes for sheridan and duberry why sing them when its not improved the performances of the team waste of wages.

i would agree leaving the team for a while if there winning and playing well but were definitely not doing that some terrible performances for a while now plus grainger is useless so why does he pick him every week thats why im saying change it some how also why has he signed connolly and not played him yet he cant be any worse than we have just now and if he his why sign him and the same goes for sheridan and duberry why sing them when its not improved the performances of the team waste of wages.

Grainger gets picked because he is our ONLY natural left back. I have no idea why he has signed Connolly, if the boy isn't going to get a game what was the point? I like what I've seen from Duberry and think a centre back pairing of him and McKay is just what we need. Irvine and Grainger on the wings and yer laughing. C'mon Del :)

Grainger gets picked because he is our ONLY natural left back. I have no idea why he has signed Connolly, if the boy isn't going to get a game what was the point? I like what I've seen from Duberry and think a centre back pairing of him and McKay is just what we need. Irvine and Grainger on the wings and yer laughing. C'mon Del :)

in the last 2 games duberry has played we have let in 4 goals so obviously no improvement and that was against st mirren and killie.

Haven't tried to pick the team for a while mainly cause Del has problems picking the team so what chance have I got? But anyway I would go with

Smith

Irvine Duberry MacKay Grainger

Millar Muzz Morris Swankie

Doc Savo

And keep Sheridan in the stand, he must be needing a rest after all the effort he's put in lately :roll:

in the last 2 games duberry has played we have let in 4 goals so obviously no improvement and that was against st mirren and killie.

I can't comment on the Killie game as I wasn't there but I thought he played well against St Mirren. A presence that we have been missing. I think a settled back 4 will improve our defence. Playing a different back 4 every week is mental!

I can't comment on the Killie game as I wasn't there but I thought he played well against St Mirren. A presence that we have been missing. I think a settled back 4 will improve our defence. Playing a different back 4 every week is mental!

theres nothing to comment on the game im just stating we're still losing the same amount of goals since duberrys arrival thats all im saying. we have got a presence in defence but as i said a while ago now there not spl standard.

Smith

Irvine Mckay Gartland Anderson Dueberry Craig Grainger

Millar Davidson

Sheridan

7-2-1 ....keep it tight at the back.

No way! Attack! Attack! Attack! 1-1-8 Goals win you games.

--------------------------- Smith ---------------------

--------------------------- Duberry -----------------

--------------------------- Anderson --------------------

Mackay - Morris - Millar - Davidson - Milne - Deuchar - Craig - Grainger