Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Guest Bertrand

I mentioned that earlier but never got a response. His named has been mentioned a few times over the last few transfer windows.

101 are you saying you would have wanted Coyle to sign Imrie?

I wouldn't want Stevie Smith, I'm not convinced by him. I'm not sure that Eddie is better than Danny, but he would add competition and there's no doubt he's stronger in the tackle than Danny.

I am certain that Coyle had both Bryson and Imrie watched, once against Partick Thistle that I know of. Imrie is a brilliant player, I'd be delighted with either and if Coyle had the budget, they would have been Saintees.

I'd take Shinnie in heart beat but then I'd also take Rocco Quinn back. His ankle is clearly not the big problem that I once feared.

How many free kicks does he win by trailing his left ankle and tripping up?

in the last couple of years no many, i dunno?

jackson wont just throw himself to the ground, imrie wouldnt hesitate, there is a difference between being sneaky and cheating.

in the last couple of years no many, i dunno?

jackson wont just throw himself to the ground, imrie wouldnt hesitate, there is a difference between being sneaky and cheating.

Watch him, he's a cheat. It was cringeworthy at Dingwall in the January game. Cappielow was bad too, possibly the game he got stretchered off?

Watch him, he's a cheat. It was cringeworthy at Dingwall in the January game. Cappielow was bad too, possibly the game he got stretchered off?

2 seasons ago? i cant remember that, was that the scottish cup at dingwall? i went to that i think, liam got the winner? i thought he was stretchered off in a home game? been so long since i have seen him play for any length. certainly dont remember him being in the same league as imrie for cheating.

Guest Bertrand
I wouldn't want Stevie Smith, I'm not convinced by him. I'm not sure that Eddie is better than Danny, but he would add competition and there's no doubt he's stronger in the tackle than Danny.

I am certain that Coyle had both Bryson and Imrie watched, once against Partick Thistle that I know of. Imrie is a brilliant player, I'd be delighted with either and if Coyle had the budget, they would have been Saintees.

I'd take Shinnie in heart beat but then I'd also take Rocco Quinn back. His ankle is clearly not the big problem that I once feared.

Stevie smith would offer considerably more competition for left back than eddie the mink malone ever would. I think youre maybe forgetting that eddie malone is shite?

If we look at the facts i doubt that Del will be looking to expand the squad i think he will basically be looking to replace the leavers (well except i think we will only just have 2 GK's not 3) so who is that?

Swankie, Sheerin, Main, McLean, Doobs and possiblly Hardie, Morais, Peaso, Jacko, Sammy, Irvine.

Who I think could replace them:

McAllistar for Swankie?

Griffiths for Sammy?

MacGuire for Peaso?

Wright for Doobs?

B McLean for Doobs?

R wright for Main?

Jamie MacDonald for Main?

Kyle for Peaso?

Gardyne for Morais?

Hardie? I think Jamie Adams is a good wee player and i thought we had been linked with him in the past (january if i remember correctly) or Gary McDonald at Aberdeen (hope not but hey)

Replace McLean with out field player? - pretty sure it will be a LB, Malone, Smith, Hay?

Langer looks promising, if that is true, what a story that would be, 'saints pip united to goalie'.

Harris i feel would be a good buy, last year he would have been asked to play realistically every game in a higher league than he has played in, but now with danny, we can afford to have some depth and he is still young enough to improve drastically.

Also we only really need 1 more CB, but I think a new right back is essential, since Dave is clearly a CB and Irvine will most likely be away.

Langer looks promising, if that is true, what a story that would be, 'saints pip united to goalie'.

Harris i feel would be a good buy, last year he would have been asked to play realistically every game in a higher league than he has played in, but now with danny, we can afford to have some depth and he is still young enough to improve drastically.

Also we only really need 1 more CB, but I think a new right back is essential, since Dave is clearly a CB and Irvine will most likely be away.

It would take serious cash to get Harris, I don't think we're in the position to pay serious cash for a backup.

michael gardyne would be a quality signing. but after his performance in the semi-final against the sellick i think someone else will sign him, would love to see him here though.

Griffiths should be here next season, and sammy is in contract talks. that's a decent front two.

kevin kyle won't come.

i think we should go for trundle, quality player. also think we should go for harkins, mcallister and maybe, just maybe, chris humphrey from motherwell.

Would have Kyle before Deuchar & Sheridan and Ive lost patience waiting for Milne,McDonald and Jackson getting there acts together so Griffiths would be my choice before those three.Doubt the boat will be pushed out far enough to attract those two and we will keep our fingers crossed for our injury prone strikers and be satisfied with a couple of makeshift signings.