Mr Melville and Dundee

ancientsaint

Callum Melville says:

"We have offered £100,000, which has been rejected. I have also offered to pay the full amount in May next year and that has also been rejected. "

So the richest man ever to take over a football team, who Dundee fans claimed would lead them to the promised land, now need 8 months to save up to pay a tax bill.

Bring back the Marrs, Sadam Hussein's lawyer and the Canadian ice-rink magnate.

Joke of a club.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many trying to reach for the stars. Sad thing is, the spl ain't the goose that lays the golden egg that they must think it is. Must be bad management if they risk going out of business to get into the spl when really, the money isn't there as it was.

I find it strange that the tax owed is under melvilles tenure and he ain't put his accounts in to be audited from his own company as well as the suspention from the other company. Maybe thats why Mr Milne at aberdeen told him to take a hike.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Am I right in saying that if Dundee did go into administration again, they would be the first scottish club to have done it twice?

IF that was the case then I think the tax man would be justified in making an example out of them as per Melvilles claims.

Am I right in saying that if Dundee did go into administration again, they would be the first scottish club to have done it twice?

IF that was the case then I think the tax man would be justified in making an example out of them as per Melvilles claims.

Bollocks to that, if HMRC are genuinely gonna go after football clubs, all guns blazing, who many SPL clubs will hit the skids?

Fair point.

But so is the point that if they are gonna take clubs to task then best to start with the club who has twice entered administration and consistently show they cant balance the books.

I hope it doesnt happen by the way.

I think Livi only went into administration once, Motherwell once and Dundee once before but thats off the top of my head

Dundee mad forum is a place of much hilarity if anyone is needing a wee laugh.

My personal fave from their forum:

"feel like Crying. im so depressed. I cant take anymore of this. Is this some sick joke because thats all Dundee have been the past few years."

Poor guy

Anybody who gets one of the letters from the taxman in the next few weeks saying they have under paid tax is being given (IIRC) just 6 weeks to pay so why should Dundee, who have aleady short-changed the taxman once before be allowed to run in arrears for so long?

I personally got hammered by the taxman years ago for them losing my tax return and them sending reminders to the wrong address, first I knew about it was when my wages were arrested - luckily I had proof they were in the wrong, but it took months to resolve, so why do they get different treatment from us mere mortals.

Melville is playing a game with Dundee FC, it looks like you cannot believe anything he says these days.

On Monday at Jocky Scotts tribunal the hearing was due to start at 10am on Monday before employment judge Ian McFatridge. However, before witnesses were called lawyer Noele McClelland, representing Dundee FC, told the tribunal that Melville would not be present.

"He is unable to dedicate any time to the club and all his time and efforts are being dedicated to his employers. He is not physically or mentally capable of being here."

Yet in todays NOTW it states "When Melville failed to attend the tribunal, it compounded fears for his future role in the club. He added: "It was unfortunate the way it happened.

"I had other commitments I had to deal with on Monday, but there is no question of me not appearing in front of the tribunal.

So was he physically or mentally capable of being there or did he have other commitments?

What are the consequences for telling the tribunal one thing and then stating something else to the press? The press have given melville an easy run thus far and need to start asking some serious questions before he does a runner.

Melville is playing a game with Dundee FC, it looks like you cannot believe anything he says these days.

On Monday at Jocky Scotts tribunal the hearing was due to start at 10am on Monday before employment judge Ian McFatridge. However, before witnesses were called lawyer Noele McClelland, representing Dundee FC, told the tribunal that Melville would not be present.

"He is unable to dedicate any time to the club and all his time and efforts are being dedicated to his employers. He is not physically or mentally capable of being here."

Yet in todays NOTW it states "When Melville failed to attend the tribunal, it compounded fears for his future role in the club. He added: "It was unfortunate the way it happened.

"I had other commitments I had to deal with on Monday, but there is no question of me not appearing in front of the tribunal.

So was he physically or mentally capable of being there or did he have other commitments?

What are the consequences for telling the tribunal one thing and then stating something else to the press? The press have given melville an easy run thus far and need to start asking some serious questions before he does a runner.

I had cause to appear before Judge McFatridge about 2 years ago defending our case.

He's a Tough cookie and a smart man, full swearing of honesty on the Bible etc and full court proceedings.

I won :wink:

If it helps at all Gort, 3 Saints fans heading to the pub yesterday (after the game between Tayside's 2 big teams at Tannadice) put a few coppers through the letterbox of the main door at Dense Park. That should keep the taxman at bay for a day or two. I think it amounted to £0.07.

Every little helps.:cool:

If it helps at all Gort, 3 Saints fans heading to the pub yesterday (after the game between Tayside's 2 big teams at Tannadice) put a few coppers through the letterbox of the main door at Dense Park. That should keep the taxman at bay for a day or two. I think it amounted to £0.07.

Which stand did you get for that?

That is genius!

Perhaps we could send them cheques for small and obscure amounts!

That is genius!

Perhaps we could send them cheques for small and obscure amounts!

Even more genius was the laughter fae the Utd fans watching them put the coins through the letterbox - until said Saints fans pointed out to them that they supported a team just like D#ndee in that they are bankrolled by one person only, namely Mr Thompson's widow.

They stopped laughing.:laugh:

Even more genius was the laughter fae the Utd fans watching them put the coins through the letterbox - until said Saints fans pointed out to them that they supported a team just like D#ndee in that they are bankrolled by one person only, namely Mr Thompson's widow.

They stopped laughing.:laugh:

Yeah, HMRC could wipe the smiles off a few faces if they choose. United are hardly cash rich...

Anybody who gets one of the letters from the taxman in the next few weeks saying they have under paid tax is being given (IIRC) just 6 weeks to pay so why should Dundee, who have aleady short-changed the taxman once before be allowed to run in arrears for so long?

I personally got hammered by the taxman years ago for them losing my tax return and them sending reminders to the wrong address, first I knew about it was when my wages were arrested - luckily I had proof they were in the wrong, but it took months to resolve, so why do they get different treatment from us mere mortals.

As someone who deals with the various "tax men" on a daily basis, they take months to even process a simple letter or telephone call and haven't caught up on how to use e-mails yet! Dundee will get as long as they need because they are a football club, whether it be with or without Melville/Di Stefano/Dixon/whoever the latest moneybags person linked with them this week.

If the admin happens on Wednesday as per the Sky Sports news report, then if the Tax man and the ex United director are the only creditors Dundee could be well and truly shafted.

Unlike Portsmouth who had lots of creditors and were thus able to get a agreement to come out of admin, the revenue are going to be able to veto any payment that is not acceptable to them.

The only way out for Dundee may be if some of Melville's cash has been by way of a loan and not gifted to Dundee as that would reduce the revenues share of the overall debt.