Goodwillie in the Slammer

Aitchy

The singing i was referring to regards his current predicament... as for the rumours his attempt at a press injunction more than likely stoked up the rumour mill. His affair ain't that bad when all is said and done but the injunction more then likely got people thinking that it must be worse. The way it's been handled is more of an embarrassment for the club.

It's been an embarassment to him principly and by association to the club with people who want it to. What is clear is the Daily Record has singled him out for whatever reason. Their attempt to portray him as a dithering idiot who has constantly been u-turning over the league reconstruction shows that. What is the story behind their front page today? "Man likes Sex Shocker!" When you consider some of the stories in world today, why would you possibly go with that story? He himself hasn't helped himself though and certainly hasn't shyed away from publicity when it has suited him.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reference about paedophillia was about rumours spread by another set of fans on another board. As for purile humour that trivialises rape, look at the "Songs for Goodwillie" thread. I wonder what you would say if it was your wife/sister/ mother that was involved? But it's ok coz it's just banter!

The reference about paedophillia was about rumours spread by another set of fans on another board. As for purile humour that trivialises rape, look at the "Songs for Goodwillie" thread. I wonder what you would say if it was your wife/sister/ mother that was involved? But it's ok coz it's just banter!

I know exactly what you meant. Stuff like this has been going on since humour started. I suspect people have had simplistic views like yours since then too.

I saw the other thread, where you posted an attempted witty song about Jody Morris for some reason. Strange that someone with such puritanical views as yours would turn out to be such a hypocrite.

How is it hypocritical to point out your fans sing for somebody who has been in an almost identical situation as Goodwillie whilst making their judgements and comments on him? Or did you not manage to work out that was the point of that post? As I've stated, humour has to have responsibility. It comes down to where and when said comments, songs or jokes are used. I would suggest that an environment that has a large percentage of children is not a suitable one. And as I say this countries record on delaing with rape would probaly suggest that there is something not right. Also funny that you amongst others moan about Old Firm fans and what they sing but are happy for Saints' fans to spout this kind of thing. Rape is fair game but you can't mention religion. I'm sure you can get an online dictionary that will explain what hypocricy means.

How is it hypocritical to point out your fans sing for somebody who has been in an almost identical situation as Goodwillie whilst making their judgements and comments on him? Or did you not manage to work out that was the point of that post? As I've stated, humour has to have responsibility. It comes down to where and when said comments, songs or jokes are used. I would suggest that an environment that has a large percentage of children is not a suitable one. And as I say this countries record on delaing with rape would probaly suggest that there is something not right. Also funny that you amongst others moan about Old Firm fans and what they sing but are happy for Saints' fans to spout this kind of thing. Rape is fair game but you can't mention religion. I'm sure you can get an online dictionary that will explain what hypocricy means.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my post on other thread....find something else to do with your time....places like this are not for you......I come on here to not have my conscious pricked tyvm

• 6 months later...
yea.. notice the use of the phrase "insufficient evidence in law"

Is that the same use of phrase that Jody Morris has heard on two seperate charges?

The best news about today is that with any luck within a day or two the morons who spout endless drivel about this with absolutely no understanding of what they are talking about might just stop. Probably not judging by the reactions on this board and United.mad.

Nice big bulging envelope from Rangers arrived on the girls mat this morning, watch him move to the **** in the next week or so.

Surely they would have had to bribe the Procurator Fiscal if the charges were dropped for a lack of evidence? If she had changed her story it would not be classed as a lack of evidence. Just a minor point on what is an otherwise perfectly plausible paranoid dellusion.

Hope he gets his head down and concentrates on realising his potential as one of Scotlands top forwards.He might be an annoying wee runt,but he can play,and i for one hope he's in Leveins plans for the autumn games.

Yes but he is a cheat & I hate cheats.

And yet 2 bids went into United tonight apparently, according to Jim Spence. Why would clubs bid before the second issue is resolved? Strange as I had heard the assault case was what was holding up any potential sale. It has been common knowledge for sometime the rape case was not going to court but I suppose from a comercial point of view it isnt a good selling point to your fans if there is a rape charge still officially hanging over a player. Of course Spence could be talking sh!t as usual. Also quite strange that you seem to want him to be found guilty of something Joe. Surely it would be good to see Scotland's best young talent head south and develop his game for the benefit of the nationl team?

Edited by ODAB

And yet 2 bids went into United tonight apparently, according to Jim Spence. Why would clubs bid before the second issue is resolved? Strange as I had heard the assault case was what was holding up any potential sale. It has been common knowledge for sometime the rape case was not going to court but I suppose from a comercial point of view it isnt a good selling point to your fans if there is a rape charge still officially hanging over a player. Of course Spence could be talking sh!t as usual. Also quite strange that you seem to want him to be found guilty of something Joe. Surely it would be good to see Scotland's best young talent head south and develop his game for the benefit of the nationl team?

Convicted if found guilty in the eyes of the law. Do you feel that cause of this Scottish talent he should be above the law ??

If a jury convict him then he should be punished. According to law. We will wait and see.

Of course he shouldn't be above the law. If he is found guitly he should be punished. However to say there were mitigating circumstances would be an understatement. You seem intent on having him in jail before he's actually had to go to court about anything. Interesting to hear what your views on a friend of your's being charged for a similar situation would be.

Of course he shouldn't be above the law. If he is found guitly he should be punished. However to say there were mitigating circumstances would be an understatement. You seem intent on having him in jail before he's actually had to go to court about anything. Interesting to hear what your views on a friend of your's being charged for a similar situation would be.

Mitigating circumstances into getting into a street brawl outside a nightclub, can't handle his drink ??

Like to see what the judge says about that.

I have said if convicted, he's not been yet.

The if part shows that I am not condemning him to be guilty. He could of walked away from any situation he got himself into, he choose not too.

So if found guilty then should face punishment. As should anyone else. No matter who he is. Simple as.