January Transfer Window Thread

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that doesn't sit well with me about the loan system is when a club borrows an experienced player they would never be able to afford in a month of Sundays, purely to help them gain an advantage eg Robbie Keane to Celtic.

Principle wise, I don't see too much difference between borrowing a player you can't afford to buy and borrowing money you don't have to buy players.

That only happened as he was paid directly by Dermot Desmond and not by the club.

However, I dont like the system when a loan player can play against the club that owns him (is that still allowed?); to me that is putting the player in a really difficult situation. And even if the players isnt fielded against the club that owns him, there must be situations where a player would have divided loyalties. For me, the system should only allow loans to teams in different divisions.

You can only play against your home club if it states it in the loan agreement.

There as a case a few years ago in England where a club didn't have this clause in the loan agreement but because the loanee would line up against them in the cup they still insisted he couldn't play and made suggestions that he would be leaving if he did turn out.

One thing that doesn't sit well with me about the loan system is when a club borrows an experienced player they would never be able to afford in a month of Sundays, purely to help them gain an advantage eg Robbie Keane to Celtic.

Principle wise, I don't see too much difference between borrowing a player you can't afford to buy and borrowing money you don't have to buy players.

What about when saints got a certain center half from man city a few years ago no way we could afford him or his wages eventually we only signed him after he got freed

I wouldn't touch him. Smith was in the paper on Tuesday saying even when he wasn't injured he couldn't get him fit. Something not right there especially as im sure he's a gers fan

Webster when fit is a quality cb , better than any at our club, we couldn't afford his wages.

Even with doodz an ando playing well we have to think about next season when we'll prob be without doobz. if we could afford him i say snap him up

Webster when fit is a quality cb , better than any at our club, we couldn't afford his wages.

Even with doodz an ando playing well we have to think about next season when we'll prob be without doobz. if we could afford him i say snap him up

According to the BBC he has signed for Hearts on a 2.5 years deal.

• 3 weeks later...