POTY awards

Davey

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to the club this is something that has been talked about for years and at least now they have done something about it.

Better late than never.

It is to be very much a fans night rather than a business sportsmans dinner.

£50 a head is expensive though.

There is only around 160 places with Saints needing around 40 of these for players, staff and top table guests. These places are of course paid for by everyone elses £50.

So there would be no great profit.

Obviously space is limited but if this is a success I am sure the club will move it to a much larger venue in future years as this will be an annual event.

Rather than slate the club we should be congratulating them on organising the event where alll supporters clubs will be represented and present their POTY awards.

What happens on the last day of the season. i notice there's a good 3-4 games left. I hope this is just for folk with too much money and we still get something at the end.

I've just read it again i'm sure we'll still get them at the 208 etc, it's a 3 course dinner.

i'm hoping that my opinion above is still true. 50 quid is not a fans night niether is a venue with only 100 odd spaces. if they want to do awards they should use the Tulloch theres tons of room at the back

Edited by rammsteinally
wee john

To be fair to the club this is something that has been talked about for years and at least now they have done something about it.

Better late than never.

It is to be very much a fans night rather than a business sportsmans dinner.

£50 a head is expensive though.

There is only around 160 places with Saints needing around 40 of these for players, staff and top table guests. These places are of course paid for by everyone elses £50.

So there would be no great profit.

Obviously space is limited but if this is a success I am sure the club will move it to a much larger venue in future years as this will be an annual event.

Rather than slate the club we should be congratulating them on organising the event where alll supporters clubs will be represented and present their POTY awards.

I presume that the club will send out invitations to the Supporters clubs rather than expecting them to find out themselves ??

any idea what happening at the last home game?

we cannot talk about the last home match as this has to be sold out.

Obviously under 18's are not admitted to the dinner, so all I would say at this time is that I am sure Del will be kind enough to pop in on the last home match of the season.:wink:

we cannot talk about the last home match as this has to be sold out.

Obviously under 18's are not admitted to the dinner, so all I would say at this time is that I am sure Del will be kind enough to pop in on the last home match of the season.:wink:

if i win the euromillions i will see you there but with what you've said it's alright

As already stated it is not extra revenue for the club.

Fair enough but I doubt Saints would hold an event where they would make no money, it would be pointless.

I don't think it's too expensive either. You are getting a 3 course meal, an event hosted by Colin McCredie and a chance to sit amongst the Scottish Cup Final heroes... :wink:

We're lucky that the club have even allowed players to go to the 208 at the end of the season. If we were a bigger club I very much doubt this would happen at all. Can you imagine Rangers or Celtic allowing their players to pop along to the local pub to get some awards. You'd probably have to pay the OF teams money to bring them to your pub :roll:

Fair enough but I doubt Saints would hold an event where they would make no money, it would be pointless.

it is not pointless it is common sense to hold one event where all clubs can present their awards with all the players present.

good PR, not pointless at all.

And of course they are making sure they do not lose money, there will be no profit.

I don't think it's too expensive either. You are getting a 3 course meal, an event hosted by Colin McCredie and a chance to sit amongst the Scottish Cup Final heroes... :wink:

£20+ to watch a match.

£50 for food and entertainment and an evening with your team

not too shabby in that respect.

We're lucky that the club have even allowed players to go to the 208 at the end of the season. If we were a bigger club I very much doubt this would happen at all. Can you imagine Rangers or Celtic allowing their players to pop along to the local pub to get some awards. You'd probably have to pay the OF teams money to bring them to your pub :roll:

This has happened regularly for years, small clubs have their POTY awards in pubs the length and breadth of the country.

it is the norm.

The OF have hundreds of supporters clubs, so they only send one or two reresentatives to any one venue, and alot of their venues are local pubs.

I am glad to see that this is happening this year, the date is maybe a couple of weeks earlier than it should be but at least its going ahead

There is a very good possibility that the final home game of the season will be a mid week game this year as we are due for 2 home and 3 away games after the split so there would probably be no event after the final home game, which for the majority of fans will be the end of football for another 3 months.

Well done to Saints and the supporters clubs for getting this event on the calender this year and I hope its a success.

As has been said the fans have wanted a decent POTY awards properly organised where every fans who wants to go along can do so but this is just making it an exclusive night for the chosen few and is depriving kids of the chance of meeting their heroes face to face.

For £50 I would certainly be looking for something a damn sight better than the processed Lovat 3 course meal.

It's a start though...will hopefully set the foundations for future years' events. We're an SPL Club and should have a more organised event than those that have been taking place at the various fans' clubs and pubs in recent years.

The best POTY I can remember was at the Dunkeld Road Supporters' Club when we had a big marquee. All the playing and management staff and their wives were fed and watered, the presentations took place, there was a live band in the marquee, karaoke in the lounge and a disco in the front bar. Think it was in the early '90s Alex Totten era...good craic indeed.:D

I am glad to see that this is happening this year, the date is maybe a couple of weeks earlier than it should be but at least its going ahead

There is a very good possibility that the final home game of the season will be a mid week game this year as we are due for 2 home and 3 away games after the split so there would probably be no event after the final home game, which for the majority of fans will be the end of football for another 3 months.

Well done to Saints and the supporters clubs for getting this event on the calender this year and I hope its a success.

Final game off the season will definately be away from home, saints have asked the SPL for maximum time to do whatever is necessary to get the pitch fixed. Pretty sure that will also mean the first game next season will also be away from home.

Fair play to saints for trying something different , i'm sure it will be a sell out and a great night. For the greater fan base there will be the parade of the Scottish Cup at the end of the season through the streets of Perth to look forward to as well.

It's a start though...will hopefully set the foundations for future years' events. We're an SPL Club and should have a more organised event than those that have been taking place at the various fans' clubs and pubs in recent years.

The best POTY I can remember was at the Dunkeld Road Supporters' Club when we had a big marquee. All the playing and management staff and their wives were fed and watered, the presentations took place, there was a live band in the marquee, karaoke in the lounge and a disco in the front bar. Think it was in the early '90s Alex Totten era...good craic indeed.:D

Wasn't there one in the City Hall too?

Does seem that you can please some of the people............................................etc

Wasn't there one in the City Hall too?

Does seem that you can please some of the people............................................etc

Yea, John McLelland was the Gaffer at the time. That was a good night too.:laugh:

Very much a case of not being able to please all of the people all of the time...

When the Jeanfield 208 Saints was just the Jeanfield Saints(:laugh:) we had a terrific 'do' in the Jeanie. All the playing staff and management and backroom staff were there. We all had a 2 course meal, the presentations were done then we had a karaoke/disco well into the night. John O'Neil was our POTY that year iirc...Good times...:D