Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

Was he smoking a joint, drinking Buckie and fighting with his Mrs?

Griffiths will never play for us. Fact.

Actually he was acting the hard man in front of his lass. Doing that pretend punchy thing to her that neds do. His stupid bird stood there giggling at him.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbc reporting the Dons have turned down the offer of signing Nacho Novo....could do a job at our place...knows where the net is at least!
On BBC website that Bolton are looking at Novo. Couldn't compete with them regarding wages.

Signed by St Mirren today?

Certainly that's the rumour in the newspapers. If that's the case then they have bought some good players (albeit older guys). Getting Thompson and Teale will make a big difference to their team.

I'm still hoping we can pull a big signing out of the hat - I'd have taken both of Thompson and Teale in a flash.

Certainly that's the rumour in the newspapers. If that's the case then they have bought some good players (albeit older guys). Getting Thompson and Teale will make a big difference to their team.

I'm still hoping we can pull a big signing out of the hat - I'd have taken both of Thompson and Teale in a flash.

I would as well. Don't think the guy Hasselbaink is a brilliant player but as an U21 option on the bench, he's a good (if maybe expensive, for that) signing. They are trying to get Carey that they had on loan from Celtic a couple of years ago too and he'd be another good signing. Paul McGowan has a lot more to offer than I think St Mirren and the SPL saw last season too but Lennon has to find the right role for him, which is just behind the strikers IMO.

Not convinced Danny Lennon will turn into a tactical genius overnight though and that could be their biggest handicap. Smith was a strange signing as well when they seem to be looking for real quality in the outfield areas. Both him and Samson are good cover goalkeepers but won't win them points like the better goalkeepers in the league can. I guess the hope must be two guys of equal ability will push each other and one might step up a level.

Will obviously give all our signings a chance but after McInnes' big speech about making a few signings that will excite the fans, I think we're all still waiting. Despite possibly making more signings than any other club, I don't think we've done the sort of business that would shift season tickets, something that really needed to be pushed after the season just past, both in terms of the lack of goals and the lack of Saturday matches.

I would as well. Don't think the guy Hasselbaink is a brilliant player but as an U21 option on the bench, he's a good (if maybe expensive, for that) signing. They are trying to get Carey that they had on loan from Celtic a couple of years ago too and he'd be another good signing. Paul McGowan has a lot more to offer than I think St Mirren and the SPL saw last season too but Lennon has to find the right role for him, which is just behind the strikers IMO.

Not convinced Danny Lennon will turn into a tactical genius overnight though and that could be their biggest handicap. Smith was a strange signing as well when they seem to be looking for real quality in the outfield areas. Both him and Samson are good cover goalkeepers but won't win them points like the better goalkeepers in the league can. I guess the hope must be two guys of equal ability will push each other and one might step up a level.

Will obviously give all our signings a chance but after McInnes' big speech about making a few signings that will excite the fans, I think we're all still waiting. Despite possibly making more signings than any other club, I don't think we've done the sort of business that would shift season tickets, something that really needed to be pushed after the season just past, both in terms of the lack of goals and the lack of Saturday matches.

The boy Hasselbaink holds off his man better than any other striker I watched in the SPL last season. Unfortunately for him his finishing is absolutely shocking. If he can add a finish to his all-round play and energy he will be a good player.

Definitely agree on the quality/quantity argument. If the standard we've signed is the best we can come up with I just hope the team starts well otherwise Del will find the fans will turn on him quicker than a pint of milk in the desert.

Guest Mongy Max

teale would tick a few boxes for us. winger, experienced, i would reckon also in wage range, played internationally too.

maybe one of the guys from down south who's been on holiday that Del mentioned

Agreed. Still some time left and contracts may just have ended so willing to wait and see.

However, if there's no sign of the exciting (didn't he say to make us fall in love with the club again!) signings in the next three weeks I won't be happy because what the manager said he'd do, he won't have done.

Teale confirmed by St Mirren on a 2 year deal. 12 months down the line and we're signing experienced players who will do us a turn instead of risky unknowns !

We've done that before and can name loads of crap that were supposed to be "experienced players who will do us a turn".