Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many

He was half decent once bit is awful now. The only reason he has so many spl goals is because he was never good enough to play down south

His time with Hibs was a disaster

He is now utter mince

And what professional credentials do you have to judge wether a players past it?

And what professional credentials do you have to judge wether a players past it?

"cammy bell is better than enckleman. "

You, earlier in this thread.

What credentials do you have to judge if a player is better than another?

He has his opinions, and so do you.

He is of course wrong, and you were of course right. However :laugh:

Many

He was half decent once bit is awful now. The only reason he has so many spl goals is because he was never good enough to play down south

His time with Hibs was a disaster

He is now utter mince

I would prefer to say that in the end things went a bit sour for him at hibs.

Like many good players he needs a fresh club to re-boot his carere.

I never like to judge a player until I see him play a good number of

games for us.

As for the bit about his goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by lang toon saintie

IMO I don't want him at Saints. Although he has credentials at this level I think Parkin will score goals in the SPL and if he is fit for the full season he could get 10-15 pretty comfortably. I would much prefer a striker in the mould of Jacko and Peaso with a bit of pace to play off Parkin. Not seen anything of Higgins except a couple of his goals on YouTube so i'm hoping he is similar to this.

I would prefer to take a risk on Vaz Te who is a bit more mobile than Nish although Calderwood was in the paper during the week saying that Vaz Te's wages might have been the stumbling block although they will be spening alot of their budget on O'Connor.

We still need to get a couple of creative midfielders and some defensive cover. I see McGinns name being mentioned which I would be happy at or even the young lad Sloan who Celtic took from Motherwell a couple years back who looked a good player but not heard anything of him since. McKay-Stevens gets good reviews from Airdries fans but seems Dundee United is his favoured destination.

On the goalkeeping front, with being linked to Gallacher (not quite sure how accurate this reporting was) and Bell does anyone else think Enckelman might leave during the summer. Both Gallacher and Bell should be first choice for SPL teams outwith the top 3 or 4 so thinking their might be something in this plus Enckelmans stats this season would look good reading for any managers in England looking for a keeper. My choice if we were to get a new first choice would be Iain Turner formerly of Everton. Been released, has never been a first choice and had multiple loan spells at different clubs, from Stirling so might want to come home and at 27 the right age to step up and become a first choice somewhere.

Although not everyone thinks loan moves are good for us I think we will bring in 3 or 4 players on 6 month deals before the window shuts. I'm pretty sure Brown won't be making the mistake in bringing guys in on full season loans after getting stung by the Haber deal last season.

Think,Turner's at Preston now,i take it you're aware the other two have signed for Dunfermline and Killie

Yes, I was trying to say we were linked with two keepers who would be first choice IMO and not someone who would be back up to Enckelman. Probably should of made it clearer

Turner was on loan at Preston last season but is currently unattached.

Marcus Hahnemann and Maik Taylor are 2 keepers who have been released. At their time of life would they pop up/down to the SPL?

You wouldn't think so, but then again watching Enks in the FA Cup Final I wouldn't have thought he'd soon be playing for Saints.

I've seen Taylor play a few times and have never been that taken by him. Would have thought Hahnemann would get a Championship club though.

I agree that it would be no surprise if Enks left. No reason for it, just a feeling.

Which people would that be?

Nish is behind Stevie Crawford in that list so we should be going for him instead by the looks of it.

Sorry for just picking on you but some of the comments on here are just utter stupidity.

People are crying out for a guy who can score goals, so Nish fits the bill as he is a tried and tested at SPL level.

The comment about him being the worst signing ever is also lunacy, where were these fans when we finished eighth in divison one a few years back??

Sorry for just picking on you but some of the comments on here are just utter stupidity.

People are crying out for a guy who can score goals, so Nish fits the bill as he is a tried and tested at SPL level.

The comment about him being the worst signing ever is also lunacy, where were these fans when we finished eighth in divison one a few years back??

Good shout.

No probs. :)

I agree there are loads of stupid comments on here but thats what forums are for I suppose. However not all are serious. My point was really that you can't go by stats on their own when judging a player. I wasn't seriously meaning we should sign Crawford.

Out of interest, have you looked at his record with Killie and Hibs? His goals to games isn't good but his cards to goals is unfortunately! To me he's just another Parkin and we can't afford to have two of those on board.

No probs. :)

I agree there are loads of stupid comments on here but thats what forums are for I suppose. However not all are serious. My point was really that you can't go by stats on their own when judging a player. I wasn't seriously meaning we should sign Crawford.

Out of interest, have you looked at his record with Killie and Hibs? His goals to games isn't good but his cards to goals is unfortunately! To me he's just another Parkin and we can't afford to have two of those on board.

Yeah he isnt the best player in the world, and your right his stats are not the best and I would prefer we signed some oher players, but I reckon he could do a job and Id like to think that he would be given a chance by the fans

Yeah he isnt the best player in the world, and your right his stats are not the best and I would prefer we signed some oher players, but I reckon he could do a job and Id like to think that he would be given a chance by the fans

In addition to his stats, the couple of times I've seen him he's been fairly anonymous. As it's scorers we want and not a target man then we should be looking elsewhere. I hope he would get a chance from the fans and if he does arrive he'll hopefully change opinions a la Cillian but I have my doubts.

any ideas

None at all

Unusual for the club to be so secretive

The official sute did mention recently that a new signing would be made but no clue whonit actually was

Apparently it might not be announced until the end of June so the guy might be under contract elsewhere

Maybe a fee is involved which is holding back the announcement

All signings so far have been positive so lets hope this one is the same