St Johnstone Hall of Fame

The ghost of Jim Morton

• 1 year later...

We should have a "hall of fame" as lots of other clubs do.

and honour these players.

Saints should adorn the walls inside the East stand with action photos of our most famous players.

to enter the "hall of fame" perhaps

hall of fame 1 - 200+ appearances

hall of fame 2 - 50+ goals

hall of fame 3 - managers of league winning teams.

We do not do enough to remember these achievements.

Having these photos or plaques/boards (such as you see in golf clubs) in the East stand would stir memories and get the kids to think more of our history.

a large pic of Willie Ormond on the Ormond stand would be superb too.

simple ideas that would mean so much to the ordinary fan.

not everyone sees the pics in the corridors of the main stand.

I agree. Have thought this for a long time. Under the Main stand we have huge areas of bare Walls - we could do something there. What about some of the Secondary schools doing some artwork of former Legends. Might get some interested in the Club. Another idea which could have gone through Fan Forum.

It has got to be in the East Stand for the majority to see.

I would go as far as to say that the fans could help pay for it.

But only if Saints did their bit too.

They should design a medal to present to all of the players in the hall of fame and for future players to be presented with.

The fans could then move it forward by helping pay for the posters/photos/boards to be put up in the East Stand.

The jeanfield208 Saints could set the ball rolling with a donation.

COULD THIS WORK?

COULD WE RAISE THE MONEY?

I think so and I am sure the club would certainly think about the idea.

I like what Hearts done. They get a bit tatty through time though, business sponsorship may be a better idea as they may have to be replaced every two years or so due to the effects of fading through sunlight, wind etc.

A huge photo with a small business logo underneath would look OK. I would certainly consider sponsoring a hall of fame legend. I reckon the cost to manufacture and fit would be approx £400-£600 + VAT per legend if based on the Hearts FC type banners.

I like what Hearts done. They get a bit tatty through time though, business sponsorship may be a better idea as they may have to be replaced every two years or so due to the effects of fading through sunlight, wind etc.

A huge photo with a small business logo underneath would look OK. I would certainly consider sponsoring a hall of fame legend. I reckon the cost to manufacture and fit would be approx £400-£600 + VAT per legend if based on the Hearts FC type banners.

wow:shock:

expensive.

perhaps the fans helping pay was not a good idea after all.:oops:

I agree. Have thought this for a long time. Under the Main stand we have huge areas of bare Walls - we could do something there. What about some of the Secondary schools doing some artwork of former Legends. Might get some interested in the Club. Another idea which could have gone through Fan Forum.

Do you mean the Alan Main Stand?

Schools doing a painting would be good, would only probably charge for the materials. Could do big murals similar to the ones of trains that are on display in the train station, they were all done by local secondary schools.

Four schools = four murals.

1. Geoff

2. Brogie - scoring one of his many goals

3. Main - save against Dundee

4. ???

Schools doing a painting would be good, would only probably charge for the materials. Could do big murals similar to the ones of trains that are on display in the train station, they were all done by local secondary schools.

Four schools = four murals.

1. Geoff

2. Brogie - scoring one of his many goals

3. Main - save against Dundee

4. ???

Drew Rutherford

I'd rather see banners, or photos than a mural done by kids to be honest.

Recently bought 2 6ftx6ft vinyl banners, full colour, £120 for the pair, fair enough they're the cheap end of the spectrum, but I think the whole idea is very do-able. It would be a great thing to come from the fans forum.

• 6 months later...
Should we have one ?

Who should be in it ?

What is the criteria to be in it ?

How do SJFC/we set it up (could be a very good club + fan thing to do)?

I do not have any answers, only opinions and this thread is meant for open discussion for all real Saints fans

It has been suggested that next years Player of the Year Awards will incorporate the introduction of a Saints Hall of Fame.