New pitch

sausageman

Hows the new pitch going to fare up to all this heavy rain and are the Jehovahs using any part of it for thier services?

They've got a baptism pool, but it's half on the pitch, and half on the track. They will have a wee stage too, but it's small and lightweight enough I reckon. My mum is a Jehovah, and she was cleaning the stands on Wednesday for the weekend, and she says the pitch looks mint. Nobody gets on the pitch either, apart from those who have to walk to the stage.

I'd be far more concerned about the rain today. Sounds like it was pretty mental!

They've got a baptism pool, but it's half on the pitch, and half on the track. They will have a wee stage too, but it's small and lightweight enough I reckon. My mum is a Jehovah, and she was cleaning the stands on Wednesday for the weekend, and she says the pitch looks mint. Nobody gets on the pitch either, apart from those who have to walk to the stage.

I'd be far more concerned about the rain today. Sounds like it was pretty mental!

well if they can walk on water, I'll become a Jehovah too!* :razz:

*this is a poor attempt at humour, and is in no way intended to demean those of any particular religious persuasion.

Pitch looks perfect, was getting cut today by Souters. As said, the Jehovahs only use a small area of the pitch infront of the dugouts.

The Sun website always made me laugh, the photo they have for saints on it is of the Jehovahs. As well as showing a full stadium they also have the baptism pool in the picture.

• 2 months later...
http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=1730

After all the money we have invested in a quality playing surface, do we need the Spartan Youths playing on it ?

Why do the youths get to play on it but the U19 home games are held in Wester Ross or somewhere ? I just don't get it.

With it being international weekend it make no difference really. Saints would have been playing on the surface this weekend otherwise.