Willie Gibson

True Saintee

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints have this afternoon completed the paperwork to bring winger Willie Gibson on loan from Crawley Town until January.

The Dumfries-born player previously saw service in Scotland with Queen of the South, Kilmarnock and Dunfermline Athletic but has been with Crawley Town since January.

The club are now seeking international clearance to allow the 27 year old to be involved in tonight's Scottish Communities League Cup tie against Livingston.

Guest Mongy Max

england to scotland believe it or not, i had to get it when i signed for an English team as my last registered club was scottish!

any good this lad, never seen him.

I've not seen him too many times but dissapointed its a loan deal. I'm not a big fan of loan deals unless you're getting a ridiculously good player you couldn't afford to sign otherwise.
Nature of the beast these days though, only the big teams can afford transfer fees, and if a good enough player is out of contract, too many teams a little bit bigger than saints are a better choice. I think Del does particularly well in securing decent loan deals, due to his good contacts and mutual respect with managers down south.

just got this email from a Dunf fan

mercurial, i would say! V high opinion of himself but if it's going well then he's pretty good. Just need to keep him happy!!

ps - we went down to a pre-season game at Blyth last year (don't ask!!) when he'd just joined and was looking a tad on the "cuddly" side. He was heard to exclaim the immortal words "mah fitness is f*****d" as he did his warm-up.

enjoy!

The Player has been suffering severe homesickness due to him missing his kids back home,this has obviously affected his playing with ct according to their manager,also clauses in the loan conditions means we may sign him come the end of january if we wish

Edited by chips

Just got in and read this news and all I can say is fooking excellent ..Gibson is a player I rate and his goal scoring record at Dunfermline was pretty decent at about 1 every three games. Better than that though was the amount of assists he was credited with. Absolutely delighted with this signing. Well done Del and well done Geoff Brown for backing the manager.

:D

Two seperate reports from Pars fans on P&B.....

easily our best player in the first half of last season. He gets helluva frustrated at times but works hard constantly, his hot-headedness in doing so can sometimes count against him but the positives far outweigh the negatives. I'd probably swap any player in our squad to have him back.

He can be tremendous and he can be woeful. He'll no doubt be amazing in the games against us and kilmarnock with another few brilliant games inbetween. A luxury player if ever there was one,but he WILL win you points.

I live in Crawley (come from Perth though) and watched him last season play for them in when they won the conference.

Thought he looked very good, old fashioned winger who can beat a man, put in good crosses and takes a decent free kick.

He was playing in a very good side so got lots of the ball. Crawley have some players who are capable of playing Championship football and in fact have turned down offers for 4 or 5 players. Matt Tubbs, Sergi Torres, Kyle McFadzean etc..

Gibson is an exciting player, think you'll enjoy him.

P.S. Hello Erchie, i met you in the Pub before the Scotland v Brazil game at the Emirates

what side does he play on? He sounds like a promising player. Not so worried about a hot or cold type of player provided he can be creative. We have a solid back 4, and a solid central midfield. We are crying out for some creativity, and not desperately in need of someone who can create and cover back. In that respect he sounds like he could fit the bill very nicely.

Just got in and read this news and all I can say is fooking excellent ..Gibson is a player I rate and his goal scoring record at Dunfermline was pretty decent at about 1 every three games. Better than that though was the amount of assists he was credited with. Absolutely delighted with this signing. Well done Del and well done Geoff Brown for backing the manager.

:D

Couldn't have summarised it better myself Ghostie - precisely my opinion. Well done Del (again!)