Willie Gibson

True Saintee

A lot of decent deliveries in the first half,and showed enough to suggest he'll be a decent signing.

Agreed, needs a few games to develop an understanding with Liam.

However, did not realise he was 27 years old.

Should be hitting his prime.

Sure Del and Doc. will get him into shape.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguement with mate- did he partner Wullie Brown or Watters up front:?

Broon I'd say

Yes it was Wullie. I could be wrong, but I think he made his debut against East Stirling at Muirton along with Charlie Adam. Sure they all scored too.

Im sure someone mentioned on another thread he was brought in to replace a player sold? maybe Watters?.

Watters was a Totten signing and Evans was a Gibson one. Can't think of anyone we had who was worth selling at that time!!

Watters was a Totten signing

Anyone remember the question and answer bit in the programme with Willie Watters?

Every single answer he gave eluded to him being a quiet living, shy, retiring, good little Catholic boy. It was all obviously massively tongue in cheek and took the piss out of all of the 'what's your favourite...' type interviews.

You couldn't get away with it these days as you need the sense of humour that's been kicked out the game sadly.

Yes it was Wullie. I could be wrong, but I think he made his debut against East Stirling at Muirton along with Charlie Adam. Sure they all scored too.

Watters was a Totten signing and Evans was a Gibson one. Can't think of anyone we had who was worth selling at that time!!

Made his debut alongside Willie Broon in the 7-1 humping of Albion Rovers at Muirton Park IIRC. Willie got a hat-trick and Evans got at least 1 but possibly 2. Not too sure if Charlie Adam played or not

Made his debut alongside Willie Broon in the 7-1 humping of Albion Rovers at Muirton Park IIRC. Willie got a hat-trick and Evans got at least 1 but possibly 2. Not too sure if Charlie Adam played or not

Adams didn't make his debut til the following week scoring against East Stirling in a 3-0 win at Muirton.

IIRC the guy we signed to replace Evans was Davie Lloyd - remember him?

Did stevie Evans end up at montrose after saints. I can remember going to boghead many moons ago with Christmas Jones and I am sure we cheered for him there due to the saints connection.

Must of thought we were nutters.

He'd be right too

According to the ever reliable Wiki Saints was his last club.

Did stevie Evans end up at montrose after saints. I can remember going to boghead many moons ago with Christmas Jones and I am sure we cheered for him there due to the saints connection.

Must of thought we were nutters.

He'd be right too

Steve Evans retired through injury from Saints.