Perth Panthers / Black Hawks

jimbo_1884

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of the Perth Panthers or Perth Black Hawks strips they could post, as I am looking to recreate them in this years in NHL 12.

Failing that, even if someone remembers the colour scheme used etc.

Have done a google search but there doesn't seem to be too much info online about them and only a couple of rubbish pictures came up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

• 1 month later...

Sorry Jimbo

Back in that day you had to be a professional photog to get a picture of the Panthers in action. Also, colour pictures were for the rich and famously fatuous.

I can only agree with the Eskimo Mink's description of the uniform: black and gold with the Panther head in the middle of a yellow band around the sternum. Gold and black socks, black pants with a gold stripe on the side.

Glad to see that, in your own way, is trying to keep the Panthers alive. It was so much fun to contrast the pace of fitba' and hockey. The Scottish vocabulary of hockey was interesting, too. What we call a 'deke' around the goalie was a 'Juke aroond the stick' , a body-check was a 'breenge that nearly took his heid aff', and etc.

I only wish I had a Panther's uniform. However, if you have kids who are sports fans (or, indeed, yourself), send me a P.M. for an offer you can't refuse. From the G'faddah...

Smudge

Edited by mapleleaf

I quite fancy it but have never been. What was it like as an experience? How does it compare to fitba for entertainment and value?

I have watched it on the tv from the NHL and the one thing I noticed is the noise of the game that you don't get on the tv, it was good to be there.

There is a game every weekend either on the Saturday night or the Sunday night.

Was around 400-500 at it. Next couple of games are against fife and Edinburgh so would expect a better atmosphere with some away fans coming up.

Couldn't tell you the prices as the company I work for sponsor the man of the match so got in for free but a couple of people I work with go regularly and they enjoy it.

All matches play to a finish, if a draw at the end of three periods then 5 mins of what we would class as golden goal, if its still a draw then its like a penalty shoot out and you need to win by two clear goals.

You can take your drink to your seat, got a pint of magners for £3, so its reasonable.

Half time draws, chuck the puck for the kids- gave it a go and failed miserably.

Am sure they have a website where you would get the prices.

I have watched it on the tv from the NHL and the one thing I noticed is the noise of the game that you don't get on the tv, it was good to be there.

There is a game every weekend either on the Saturday night or the Sunday night.

Was around 400-500 at it. Next couple of games are against fife and Edinburgh so would expect a better atmosphere with some away fans coming up.

Couldn't tell you the prices as the company I work for sponsor the man of the match so got in for free but a couple of people I work with go regularly and they enjoy it.

All matches play to a finish, if a draw at the end of three periods then 5 mins of what we would class as golden goal, if its still a draw then its like a penalty shoot out and you need to win by two clear goals.

You can take your drink to your seat, got a pint of magners for £3, so its reasonable.

Half time draws, chuck the puck for the kids- gave it a go and failed miserably.

Am sure they have a website where you would get the prices.

Yep, here is the website Dundee Stars entry is £15 for adults and £8 for kids and like Joe says, it is a great evening of entertainment

No doubt its fast and furious but attendances at Murrayfield are way down on the 80s when I last went.My then bird was a fan.Interesting to hear the noise mentioned as this is what eventually drove me away.A full house screaming with a low roof = my ear drums bursting.

I am sure Edinburgh are bottom of the league this season. An offer appeared on the work intranet again last week. Thinking of going along. Was far from a full house last time I went.....the 'regulars' are pretty fanatical though

A few fanatical fans at Dundee aswell. Their ice hockey is our football.

Dundee are second bottom. Just the norm there then

I'd recommend anyone to try the ice hockey. Great night out and they do the whole experience really well, getting all the kids on the ice during the breaks etc. There is almost always a good fight too. Shame there isn't a pro team from Perth any longer.

The wish for a Perth team is what I was thinking when I was there. It is a shame.

Been going regularly to the hockey over the last 2 years, Dundee Stars play in the Elite league which is the top league in Britain, playing Sheffield, Belfast, Nottingham, Hull, Cardiff, Coventry, Braehead, Edinburgh and Fife.

Really good night entertainment, fast as anything, good chance of a fight as well.

Dundee mainly play their home games on a sunday night at 6.30 pm although there is the odd time when it changes to a sat or even a fri night. Crowd for the Cardiff game was 630 which was the lowest for a while, seems to normally be around the 800 mark.

Thing that amazes me is that they play both a home and away game in the same weekend. Last weekend for example they were away to Sheffield on the sat night then home to Cardiff the next night. Weekend before was even worse, away to Belfast on the fri night, away to Cardiff on the saturday and then home to Hull on the sunday. You could really see how tired the team were on the sunday.

Each team in the league are allowed 11 imports, most of the Dundee ones are American or Canadian. Mazur is one of those imports so I doubt he is related to someone from Perth.

Someone told me that the import players are paid roughly the same as a Dundee utd footballer and are provided with accomadation and cars while they are here. No idea how true the wages part is though.

Very worth making the trip down to have a look for any one that fancies it though. We just went down first time to see what it was like and to be honest I enjoy it nearly as much as the football now.

Ice hockey is really just six-side-fitba' played on ice. That is what attracted me to the game when I came to Canada.

Hockey has gone through somewhat the same evolution as football, from a tactical point of view; thrilling, physical play to boring defensive crap to speed + skill. The state of hockey over here is much like football in the U.K., a few elite teams who sell out every game no matter how bad they are, and then the rest. Having an NHL team in Florida is about the equivalent of putting a SPL team in Luncarty (or an O.F. team in the Premier League)!

On arriving here, I choose to support the Maple Leafs simply because they wore blue and white. 'Still love 'em, even if they haven't won anything since 1967. This is the year! (All guffaws, hoots and oxter-farts will be met with a polite and sophisticated, "Git stuffed, ya begrudgers".)

Smudge

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...