What was your favourite pub in Perth that is no longer with us ?

SingaporeSaint

was about to say the same Rebel i served my time with Lowdens and the sites Gort has mentioned were Grays sites and the pubs were frequented by my Journeymen all the time:) Any pub near the sites were full of Grays/Lowdens/Mitchells the pumbers no wonder they went Bust:eek:

Aye, we worked on the Drumhar Health Centre, the flats at the City Mills,and the ones at Black Watch close, also did the bank on the corner of the High Street thats now Pizza Express great days back then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):)

The first bar me and my mate got served in when we were about 13/14 was some wee bar down mill street near ma Kellogs we went back and it was knocked down we had to wait another year before we got served in the clachan regulary
Macs Bar next to the BRS Lorry Depot

Volunteer became the High Level? Now the Half Moon. Surprised no one has mentioned The Gowrie. I've got a hundred year old street plan of Perth somewhere that has boozers named on it, must try to find it.
Worked on a job in the High Level when I wis an Apprentice renovating the bar. My understanding was it wis called the Volunteer Arms but wie its street level at the front and 6 or 7 steps at the side somebody came up wie the High Level. When we worked there the manager used to give us lots of free beer:D

was about to say the same Rebel i served my time with Lowdens and the sites Gort has mentioned were Grays sites and the pubs were frequented by my Journeymen all the time:) Any pub near the sites were full of Grays/Lowdens/Mitchells the pumbers no wonder they went Bust:eek:

Who are you? I served my time with Lowdon's and also worked on the Drumhar houses. My journeyman was Davie MacGregor who used to say he was going to see his mum at dinner time. I thought his mum was Mary Omalley who had the High Level. This wouldve been in 1981. The Lowdon boys used to all go to the High Level especially on Thursday(payday) and on a Friday after finishing at 1.30. The High Level had a great jukebox in the lounge

Re: What was your favourite pub in Perth that is no longer with us ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what was the pub at the back of the high court that slf used to drink in on a thursday night ?

There was a pub with real ale where Roca Blue is now called Patricks ,is that the one you mean

Who are you? I served my time with Lowdon's and also worked on the Drumhar houses. My journeyman was Davie MacGregor who used to say he was going to see his mum at dinner time. I thought his mum was Mary Omalley who had the High Level. This wouldve been in 1981. The Lowdon boys used to all go to the High Level especially on Thursday(payday) and on a Friday after finishing at 1.30. The High Level had a great jukebox in the lounge

Who are you:?: Davie was everybodys journeyman when we had to take him to the pub and back.

If you worked for Lowdens it will not be hard to put two and two together and know who i am:eek: 1981 was the late Lowdons boys :laugh:

Re: What was your favourite pub in Perth that is no longer with us ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what was the pub at the back of the high court that slf used to drink in on a thursday night ?

There was a pub with real ale where Roca Blue is now called Patricks ,is that the one you mean

Patricks, that was it.