#21 - 18/12/11 - Saints 0-2 Celtic - SPL

SaintDougie

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'll tell you what was embarrassing, and that was the home support, does St Johnstone have the poorest support in the league?

i think what affected our support today was not being able to get tickets,due to celtic selling out their allocation early,there were plenty fans on here still looking to get tickets but couldnt get them,so i think your being a bit harsh

Have to love the optimism on here. Come February 1st this backs against the wall performance could be regular fare if the transfer comings and goings rumours come true. Happy to keep it down to 2-0 against the Old Firm and then only introducing somebody that wanted to go forward or be creative with 10 minutes to go. Liam Craig and Marcus Haber the only credible forward threat come February, is hardly going to stem the tide of falling crowds.

Steve Lomas does not seem keen to use a Plan "B" or even "C" if he has one, he is beginning to make Derek McInnes seem an attack minded zealot.

Note to players; slightly old fashioned coaching and playing mantra from Bill Shankly, Control, Pass and Move.

Much prefer the optimism to your negativity. Welcome to the forum, always good to see a new poster. However, prepare to be shot down in flames if you're always this negative:wink:

No I'll tell you what was embarrassing, and that was the home support, does St Johnstone have the poorest support in the league?

I think we do quite well to be fair. if you take over 40% of your home crowd to tynecastle that a good support in my mind.

. and remember wee man wee dont have thousands and thousands of fans waiting in the wings to go to games like some teams. we have the same 2800 or so and they are the same fans who turn up and support saints home and away,week in week out. so do us a favour wee man keep on jogging :rolleyes:

You're quick to post after this game. We didnae see you for weeks after Saints won at Parkheid. Which incidentally was without doubt the biggest benefit of that victory. Well done on beating our reserves - now away back under your stone:roll:

Decent performance and no real failures in the team but given we're missing 5 first team regulars in Wright, dAvidson, Morris, Fran and Sheridan we did ok. Thought Mooner added a bit more composure to the centre of midfield and held the ball well allowing Muzz a bit more space to roam.

I give you Mr no end product, can't beat a man, and now can't stay onside - Chris Millar?

I shall now run away and hide. :laugh:

Seriously though, I do think he's on a run of poor form.

Needs dropped so he can come back, not energised ( he's always that), but playing well?

Agree? Disagree?

I give you Mr no end product, can't beat a man, and now can't stay onside - Chris Millar?

Needs dropped so he can come back, not energised ( he's always that), but playing well?

Agree? Disagree?

Disagree. Thought he was good against aberdeen and was by no means our worst midfielder today. He plays much better out on the right, he links up quite beautifully with Dave McKay at times.

Agree? Disagree?

Unusual to see you on right after a game or is that just when we win :)

Thought Millar did okay. Not seen it on TV so I haven't seen the 2 offisdes, but he was looking right along the line.

Millar was certainly fired up and had a wee face to face at half time with one of the Celtic subs. Needed Liam to step in and separate them.

Unusual to see you on right after a game or is that just when we win :)

Thought Millar did okay. Not seen it on TV so I haven't seen the 2 offisdes, but he was looking right along the line.

Millar was certainly fired up and had a wee face to face at half time with one of the Celtic subs. Needed Liam to step in and separate them.

The two near the end were WELL offside MS. Right in line with us. So if he's "looking along the line" he needs specs mate.

I thought he did alright up to a point but I kinda agree with Andrew that he might actually ( and the team) benefit from a spell on the bench.

Who would replace Millar?

FWIW, he didn't have that bad a performance from what I saw. It's sometimes easy to be too harsh on players when you're at the game, i'm as guilty as anybody when it comes to that.

He was part of a what was a competent midfield today. Competent but lacking incision. Even if they had incision, the strikers we had on are far from prolific anyway.