New Shop Thread...

St Mikey

Murrayshall and The Sunbank Hotel are 2 of Perths finest and I think pretty decent. There also conferencing facilities at Scone/Perth Racecourse from what I recall and are there not also conferencing facilities at Dewars and McD?

There is also the Mecure City Mills that is both a top class hotel and a conference centre, to say nothing of the Concert Hall which hosts many big conferences. Not sure if BroganGoals really knows the place any more also what is depressing down the Glasgow Road?

Sports Directs gear is guff of the highest order.

Can't see it having too much of an effect on Campus. Sports Direct is cheap and cheerful but doesn't stock much higher end stuff and the service isn't great (there's always an enormous queue in the Dundee one). Campus is a different place entirely.

Think they were previously in the high street and at that time they were cheap and cheerful and most of it was made through license. They were threatened by NIke and Adidas that they would stop supplying unless they changed the set up. I believe they now have a shareholding in one of them.

There is also the Mecure City Mills that is both a top class hotel and a conference centre, to say nothing of the Concert Hall which hosts many big conferences. Not sure if BroganGoals really knows the place any more also what is depressing down the Glasgow Road?

The City Mills is nothing to write home about to be honest. We have folk up from Norwich stay there and are rarely impressed. It's location is its selling point.

I think the biggest problem for Perth is that it gets very little through traffic. The bypass is great for motorists but devastating for the town.

A recent example of this is Dalkeith. The A68 used to go right through the place and Dalkeith would get a lot of through traffic and commuters stopping but now it flies straight past dalkieth and hooks up with the A720

• 2 months later...