Who does your laddie support?

Abernethy Saint

Thought I'd better start a thread, eventually.

I have two strapping lads (police are investigating) who were born and brought up as Saints fans, taken to endless, ENDLESS Saints nil-nil draws against Brechin or whoever through good and bad days, bought the bovril, bought the scarves, bougt the programmes, won the junior saints raffles, blah blah blah.

And what's the results they look for on a Saturday?

MAN FECKING UNITED.

Do you have similar experiences with your little princes and princesses? What to do?

Discuss.

My lad follows about 20 teams!! He is Aspergers, and his 'thing' is football just now. He knows every result and statistic from across europe every week. Amazing what the brain can do when it is wired up for that kind of thing!!

Above all though, he is a Saints fan, and being at the games is the ultimate for him. He won't watch Saints on the TV, because it's just not the same as being there. Good lad! (just wish I could afford to take him every week!)

He can't compute ideas like me wanting Hearts to win the cup, when I otherwise dislike them. It's quite interesting to see his black and white approach to things. You either like a club, or don't. No middle ground. He's probably in the right!

I have 3 daughters,the 11 yo has no interest in footie,my oldest nearly 19 has a keen interest in Saints and attends the odd game,my other lass who is just turning 15 used to come to some Saints games with me until one of the wifes family gave her a celtic top,for whatever reason this was enough to stop her coming with me,now she always looks out for the Celtic scores first :cry:

I have 3 daughters,the 11 yo has no interest in footie,my oldest nearly 19 has a keen interest in Saints and attends the odd game,my other lass who is just turning 15 used to come to some Saints games with me until one of the wifes family gave her a celtic top,for whatever reason this was enough to stop her coming with me,now she always looks out for the Celtic scores first :cry:

I can only presume the wife's family member in question has been banned from your house and disowned

Arsenal,as he just stays a few minutes from the Emirates.The jammy sod keeps getting corporate freebies from his work.His big team will always be Saints and he comes up to see his hero's whenever he can.He and I talk fairly non stop about football but the only time I can hear true passion in his voice is when Saints are the subject up for discussion.I can relax,he's one of us.

my 10 year old is a Saintee, even though most of the folk around us are arabs, with the odd coag thrown in, (we're in Angus, just). He's the only Saintee in his primary school, and he's quite proud of the fact. My 8 year old is not interested in football, but if you asked him who he supports he would say Saints.

Pretty mixed picture.

Is having daughters even worse than having sons who follow a foreign team?

One of the last times I took the youngest before he got too cool to go to Saints, we were right at the front (late as usual) and he dropped some litter over the wall by mistake. Being a well-trained laddee (in matters other than who to support) he immediately leaped over the wall and retrieved it, to my horror.

Along came a wee jobsworth, fairly frothing at the mouth, and gave me the whole "according to the terms of the blah blah act 18oatcake, entering the blah blah is a serious offence punishable by blah blah and you and your boy will have to leave blah blah".

You know when in these situations you always wished you'd remembered to say the right thing? Well for once, I did. I heard him out, then said "he's no wi me, mate".

He didn't know what to say, and fecked off. Brilliant - rather better than the game, as I recall.

It's not just Saints who struggle with this.

My eldest (now 12) went to loads of home games and alot of away games in the season when BCFC reached the Premier League play off final. The little sod even came back from a holiday in Tenerife with me to go to Wembley (cost me a fortune!!).

We lost and guess what the little sod comes out with on the plane back to Los Cristianos? 'It's Chelsea or nothing dad, I don't like City'!

The little bugger even wanted City to go down last week.

His little brother is a proper Cidered thankfully.

Git!!

It's not just Saints who struggle with this.

My eldest (now 12) went to loads of home games and alot of away games in the season when BCFC reached the Premier League play off final. The little sod even came back from a holiday in Tenerife with me to go to Wembley (cost me a fortune!!).

We lost and guess what the little sod comes out with on the plane back to Los Cristianos? 'It's Chelsea or nothing dad, I don't like City'!

The little bugger even wanted City to go down last week.

His little brother is a proper Cidered thankfully.

Git!!

have ye thought about putting him down?