Gordon Carammond

Capital Saint

Loved wee Crammond and was sorry to hear of his death at a young age.

In a similar vein Bobby Thomson subduing Pat (the Rat) McCluskey.

Aye, Bobby Thomson is another one in my "Hero for a moment" moments. I remember him in a Saints all red strip (in the days when the home team had to change colours), with his shorts down as low as they would go, looking as hard as nails with a double coating of nail harderner. After that, whenever I was stripped for sport, in the gym with Ned Hunter or just down the town on a summers day, if I had my shorts on, they were always worn at half mast in respect for big Bobby.

Too many to mention,but agree with most so far,and would add Jim O'Rourke and Molly Broon,Jimmy for getting us in original premier league almost single handed and Molly for being a beast of a player,totally fearless

Got to agree with all the choices for different reasons. With Crammond in mind another player that was short in stature but not in endeavour was Alan Lyons.He played in our darker days mostly but was a 100% player just like his team mate Dougie Barron.

As far as I am aware nobody from the "Ormond era" got a testimonial. Perhaps now is the time to do something to rectify that. There again we would have to fill McD five times over to cover the bar bill if the stories we hear are to believed or was that just Willie Ormond and Frank Christie on their own???!!!!!!