The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

I just booked the official trip, it's a bugger having to come up from London to get on it but at least I'm sure now to end up at the place the game is being played rather than stuck in Istanbul or Ankara...

that was exactly my line of thinking, more expensive but less grief.

Was tempted to book up with the saints official package even if it was pricy , just for convience sake but coming home straight after the game is a nuisance, a couple of lagers and a few shots of raki are needed with the eSeS fans after me thinks!

Missed monaco because i was only at primary school, so this is my first european tour, hope as many saintees as possible can make this and make it as memorable as monaco! COYS

Edited by SaintGraeme39

knew a heard it before, enjoying the band , at least its better than the shite we used to get at ibrox!

really hope we play eses, fans on this forum have been great help and it should be a great few days in turkey.

thats me on the turkey shuttle. I really hope now that it is ESES that we play - their fans coming on here have been great and the club look to be a bit of a yo-yo club like saints.

Mike

PS not taking your wife then Davemc? tusk, tusk.

Asked her Mike,thankfully said no :)

Greetings from ESKISEHIR;

First of all, I'm very happy to see that the both side's fans are getting really well online. Hopefully, it will be seen as a friendly match not only in the pitch but also out. For the Perths who are coming to Turkiye, I want to tell them welcome and would like to host you in a best way. Also some of us want to exchange fan scarves of the teams (better to bring some more with you :) ) We are waiting to welcome you in a best way here. Cheers.

Greetings from ESKISEHIR;

First of all, I'm very happy to see that the both side's fans are getting really well online. Hopefully, it will be seen as a friendly match not only in the pitch but also out. For the Perths who are coming to Turkiye, I want to tell them welcome and would like to host you in a best way. Also some of us want to exchange fan scarves of the teams (better to bring some more with you :) ) We are waiting to welcome you in a best way here. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum, i would be more than willing to exchange my scarves. I also have about 8 saints strips which i would like to exchange, lets make this an event for fans of both teams!

Welcome to the forum, i would be more than willing to exchange my scarves. I also have about 8 saints strips which i would like to exchange, lets make this an event for fans of both teams!

Thanks for warm welcoming. We can arrange a meeting pre or post-match and can have a chit-chat after which we can make our exchanges. A facebook event would be okay i guess.

Thanks for warm welcoming. We can arrange a meeting pre or post-match and can have a chit-chat after which we can make our exchanges. A facebook event would be okay i guess.

Facebook meeting place sorted.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/293760384055932/?context=create

Please pass the word round and lets get a party sorted people..:D:D:D

Both TMG packages have now 'SOLD OUT' according to the website.

Nightmare! I couldn't book today as I don't have access to my passport until tomorrow.

It says: Additional packages may become available for sale next week

I bloody hope so! Anyone else in the same boat as me? Slow off the mark...

Both TMG packages have now 'SOLD OUT' according to the website.

Nightmare! I couldn't book today as I don't have access to my passport until tomorrow.

It says: Additional packages may become available for sale next week

I bloody hope so! Anyone else in the same boat as me? Slow off the mark...

I only booked mine a couple of hours ago and it seemed to go through fine. Must have just sneaked in before they ran out (I hope - still not got my confirmation e-mail).

Failing that one of Ghosties many insides sources have exclusively revealed that a bus will be leaving from the The Bee Bar this Friday morning. All being well, it should have you there for the 19th! :D

Can confirm bus left yesterday morning......We are now approaching Broxden Roundabout.

I'm wondering of its wort starting a separate thread to see who would be interested in an Istanbul to Eskesehir Saints supporters' bus... If we could get 40 committed it would certainly be worthwhile. Assuming that's where we play of course.

If we do, me and two others would need to leave on the Wed to get the night before the match in Eskisihir and come back the morning after the match.

If we do, me and two others would need to leave on the Wed to get the night before the match in Eskisihir and come back the morning after the match.

I'll be up for this as I'll be flying into Ataturk at 13:15 on the Wednesday. Crate of Efes on the way to ESES.

It'd be pretty funny if this was the way Turkish casuals arrange their "meets".

Plastic chairs everywhere and Ghostie bawling blue-murder.

Aye and then spending some time in the pokey.. No thnks. Any asks me for a square go and they will get a half measure.. I'll GO:laugh:

Mind you, with all these flares on the go, I'll no go short of a light for ma fags..:laugh: